San Francisco Bay Area Meet?
Feb 25, 2006 at 12:47 AM Post #436 of 472
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
if you asked for help I bet you would have gotten a ton of offers for the small price of a listen on your new rig.
tongue.gif

I am not sure about that. When I saw the crates and the need for power tools, my first instinct was to call NeilPeart but he was nowhere to be found!

Feb 25, 2006 at 12:49 AM Post #437 of 472
Quote:

Originally Posted by PATB
I am not sure about that. When I saw the crates and the need for power tools, my first instinct was to call NeilPeart but he was nowhere to be found!

well, Leeav's a sissy.
tongue.gif

he tried to avoid having to help carry my SDS-XLR at the last meet too.

Feb 25, 2006 at 1:29 AM Post #438 of 472
i wouldn't call him a sissy, though. he was the one who walked around downtown san mateo with the k1000's strapped to his head, remember?

on another note, how are we doing on food at the house? can someone bring a lot of nachos or something? i got my hands on an unused bag of taco bell nacho cheese. i believe that's about a quart of nacho cheese right there
smily_headphones1.gif
just don't get it all over my gear, please.

Feb 25, 2006 at 1:31 AM Post #439 of 472
Quote:

Originally Posted by strogg
i wouldn't call him a sissy, though. he was the one who walked around downtown san mateo with the k1000's strapped to his head, remember?

on another note, how are we doing on food at the house? can someone bring a lot of nachos or something? i got my hands on an unused bag of taco bell nacho cheese. i believe that's about a quart of nacho cheese right there
smily_headphones1.gif
just don't get it all over my gear, please.

It's called the kitchen area. Just keep all the food and drinks in the kitchen/dining area nad we will be fine.

Feb 25, 2006 at 2:50 AM Post #443 of 472
I know I am brining some CDs, I suggest that you do the same or else you'll be subject to whatever people have.

Feb 25, 2006 at 3:13 AM Post #445 of 472
I'm relying on you guys for the snacks/food during the meet. If afterward, we have a sizeable group during the evening, we can go raid a local eatery.

=====

I have finished setting up the tables in the main room for the meet, but I have no table cloths/covers. It is bare wood. Not in too bad a condition, but if anyone has a way to cover 8, 8ft by 30inch tables, please bring it along.

Feb 25, 2006 at 3:16 AM Post #446 of 472
Quote:

Originally Posted by DieInAFire
i hope people will be bringing CDs and stuff... bringing all the gear and forgetting the music would be very sad

You know what's sad? My car got broken into in San Francisco a few weeks ago, and they stole 3 binders full of CD's. It was a disaster. I'm still recovering. (almost 250 cd's lost)

Feb 25, 2006 at 3:21 AM Post #447 of 472
Quote:

Originally Posted by neilvg
You know what's sad? My car got broken into in San Francisco a few weeks ago, and they stole 3 binders full of CD's. It was a disaster. I'm still recovering. (almost 250 cd's lost)

frown.gif

i feel your pain. i myself lost a whole bunch of cd's. it's not a good feeling. but i am investing in a new security measure: cdr's
wink.gif
i keep an protect all my pressed cd's a home now. the only stuff seeing sunlight are the digital copies. so far it works... i guess.

Feb 25, 2006 at 6:30 AM Post #450 of 472
Quote:

Originally Posted by neilvg

Duoh, that really sucks! We've lost a few CD's to car breakins before.

I finally just finished ripping our entire CD collection to FLACs.. like 500+ CD's. Relatively cheap insurance at $200 for the 300GB hard drive plus countless hours in front of the TV swapping CD's. Takes about 9 min per CD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back