San Francisco Bay Area Meet?
Feb 25, 2006 at 7:15 AM Post #451 of 472
Can someone PM/email me the address/details for the meet? I tried to get in touch with neilvg (PM+email), but for some reason did not get a response
confused.gif
. Maybe he doesn't want a giddy high-schooler hanging around everyone's gear?
tongue.gif

Feb 25, 2006 at 7:23 AM Post #454 of 472
Quote:

Originally Posted by neilvg
I have not received any of your PM's

edit: is it just me or is this meet getting huge?

it's pretty monstrous

Feb 25, 2006 at 7:44 AM Post #456 of 472
Quote:

Originally Posted by PATB
I am going to try to make the meet (assuming I can finish my work tonight
frown.gif
). There is no way I will bring the SDS-XLR as it is too big and heavy. I literally re-injured both wrists carrying the sucker upstairs.

If I can make the meet, I will bring:
Meridian G08
Grover UR4 (RCA)
HR-2 (low gain)
SR-71 (ultra low gain)
HD650

So, I guess we get directions and permission from Neilvg?

---Pat

Great news Pat! I know I am waking up early tomorrow to get some time in before the meet. Looking forward to it . . . and not just for the Qualia or the G08, either
wink.gif

Feb 25, 2006 at 7:47 AM Post #457 of 472
Quote:

Originally Posted by neilvg
I have not received any of your PM's

edit: is it just me or is this meet getting huge?

Dude, you said you had a castle and you posted pictures of the Orpheus. It doesn't take much to incite a bunch of geeks to descend upon such a combination.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 25, 2006 at 8:03 AM Post #459 of 472
"Castle Grayskull" sounds cooler to me.
tongue.gif

Edit: BTW Voltron, you and I were separated at birth. I wrote a hauntingly similar post to yours above (even started with "Dude") responding to neilvg's comment about the meet becoming huge. But then I saw you posted it first so my post turned into my He-Man comment above.
orphsmile.gif

Feb 25, 2006 at 9:12 AM Post #460 of 472
w00t! see ya guys in <12 hours from now!
smily_headphones1.gif

oh yeah, hopefully you don't mind being in my pictures. i'll be sure to ask before taking pics of respective people.

Feb 25, 2006 at 2:06 PM Post #461 of 472
Well I just received a package from Headphile yesterday, so add the 314th HD650 to the mix. Also the first Grado I've ever heard with a soundstage.
wink.gif

woodies.jpg

I also received approval from the manufactures to bring review units of the Rudistor NX-01 and the Eddie Current EC-01. With traveling I haven't had a chance to spend any time with the latter yet, but curious to compare the former up against a PPX/MPX.

EDIT: Yo 8,000th post.

Feb 25, 2006 at 3:22 PM Post #462 of 472
Sweet cans Ric! Very excited to hear the '-01 amps too! Congrats on post 8000--that's dedication
icon10.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat
"Castle Grayskull" sounds cooler to me.

Edit: BTW Voltron, you and I were separated at birth. I wrote a hauntingly similar post to yours above (even started with "Dude") responding to neilvg's comment about the meet becoming huge. But then I saw you posted it first so my post turned into my He-Man comment above.

Brother Borat, I always thought I was born in Kazakhstan! How about Castle Cans-on-Skull?

p.s. Sorry to perpetuate the castle thing Neil, I know you didn't start it.

Feb 25, 2006 at 4:29 PM Post #463 of 472
I'm about to head out in a half-hour or so. I'll see you guys there.

I'm not even going to bother finishing out the equipment list with those last few things. Maybe when I get back, just for formality.

Feb 25, 2006 at 5:58 PM Post #464 of 472
it's fine... I was only up until 4AM or so packing. stupid packing taking a few hours. I thought I was travelling light this time.
rolleyes.gif

got up around 9AM. zombie time!!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back