San Francisco Bay Area Meet?
Feb 24, 2006 at 3:32 PM Post #422 of 472
Yeah, sorry. There's no food in Saratoga, Cupertino, Los Gatos or any of the surrounding mountain towns. No... just kidding. There's food everywhere. We have a shopping center very near my house that you will pass most likely as you come to the place. We have saratoga downtown with its various shops, los gatos has even more places. If you head towards cupertino which is about a 10 minute ride north of my place, you have several options on stevens creek blvd and on saratoga sunnyvale road (the closest main road my house is off of).

Neil

Feb 24, 2006 at 4:03 PM Post #425 of 472
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ripley
I hope you guys don't get all tuckered out before I show up (probably around 2pm). Save some energy for the cheese!

No!!! Come early!! You know you want to!!

Feb 24, 2006 at 4:40 PM Post #426 of 472
Quote:

Originally Posted by neilvg
Hey everyone,

I know that the 'official' meet start time is 1pm. While everyone is welcome throughout the day, I am opening up the house from 9am. Morsel has informed me that meet's in the bay area have historically started at 10am with setup at 9am.

To me this sounds just fine and I will certainly be setting up at this time. Anybody wishing to come early is welcome.

See you all on saturday,

Neil

Guess I'll be waking up extra-early tomorrow morning!
biggrin.gif
Pacheco Pass here we come!

Feb 24, 2006 at 6:42 PM Post #429 of 472
Quote:

Hey everyone,

I know that the 'official' meet start time is 1pm. While everyone is welcome throughout the day, I am opening up the house from 9am. Morsel has informed me that meet's in the bay area have historically started at 10am with setup at 9am.

To me this sounds just fine and I will certainly be setting up at this time. Anybody wishing to come early is welcome.

See you all on saturday,

Neil

So... i'm supposed to wake up early? i have to set an ALARM now???!!! on a saturday morning???!!! GAH!

this kinda sucks in a way. saratoga, being my hometown, is a good 2 hours away now!!!
frown.gif
oh well, it'll definitely be worth it
smily_headphones1.gif
etysmile.gif
k1000smile.gif
orphsmile.gif
eggosmile.gif
basshead.gif
580smile.gif
3000smile.gif
280smile.gif
340smile.gif

Quote:

Yeah, sorry. There's no food in Saratoga, Cupertino, Los Gatos or any of the surrounding mountain towns. No... just kidding. There's food everywhere. We have a shopping center very near my house that you will pass most likely as you come to the place. We have saratoga downtown with its various shops, los gatos has even more places. If you head towards cupertino which is about a 10 minute ride north of my place, you have several options on stevens creek blvd and on saratoga sunnyvale road (the closest main road my house is off of).

Neil

yeah, and especially note the nice chinese restaurant in los gatos
wink.gif

Feb 24, 2006 at 10:35 PM Post #430 of 472
Yiassoo has the best gyros I have ever eaten. If you are really hungry, try the super gyro, which comes with feta cheese and extra meat. Food in Saratoga is really expensive. Cupertino is your best bet for good cheap food.

Feb 25, 2006 at 12:13 AM Post #431 of 472
I am going to try to make the meet (assuming I can finish my work tonight
frown.gif
). There is no way I will bring the SDS-XLR as it is too big and heavy. I literally re-injured both wrists carrying the sucker upstairs.

If I can make the meet, I will bring:
Meridian G08
Grover UR4 (RCA)
HR-2 (low gain)
SR-71 (ultra low gain)
HD650

So, I guess we get directions and permission from Neilvg?

---Pat

Feb 25, 2006 at 12:15 AM Post #432 of 472
Quote:

Originally Posted by PATB

---Pat

Yes.

Feb 25, 2006 at 12:29 AM Post #433 of 472
I'm going to bring a friend, Tom Swenson. Like most of us, he's a certified audio nut-case, and also the guy who did the recent redesign of Todd the Vinyl Junkie's website.

Really looking forward to tomorrow!
orphsmile.gif

Feb 25, 2006 at 12:34 AM Post #434 of 472
Quote:

frown.gif
). There is no way I will bring the SDS-XLR as it is too big and heavy. I literally re-injured both wrists carrying the sucker upstairs.

If I can make the meet, I will bring:
Meridian G08
Grover UR4 (RCA)
HR-2 (low gain)
SR-71 (ultra low gain)
HD650

---Pat

OOOOOooo.... I wanna hear the G08!

Feb 25, 2006 at 12:36 AM Post #435 of 472
Quote:

frown.gif

if you asked for help I bet you would have gotten a ton of offers for the small price of a listen on your new rig.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back