San Francisco Bay Area Meet?
Feb 24, 2006 at 5:38 AM Post #406 of 472
Neil's a rebel simply due to his 80's goatee and his other outrageous fashion sytlings - "wicked-sweet-rad."
orphsmile.gif
I perused the gear list more closely and it seems there will be quite some overlap. My revised gear list:

Source: Onix
Cables: Belden/Quail
Amp: Mcubed + STEPS
Cans: DT880
K271 (velour earpads & Headphile cable)

Should I bring yet ANOTHER HD650...
k1000smile.gif

I'm eager to see all my ol' Head-Fi chums and meet new ones
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 24, 2006 at 5:48 AM Post #407 of 472
Quote:

Originally Posted by NeilPeart
Neil's a rebel simply due to his 80's goatee and his other outrageous fashion sytlings - "wicked-sweet-rad."
orphsmile.gif
I perused the gear list more closely and it seems there will be quite some overlap. My revised gear list:

Source: Onix
Cables: Belden/Quail
Amp: Mcubed + STEPS
Cans: DT880
K271 (velour earpads & Headphile cable)

k1000smile.gif

I'm eager to see all my ol' Head-Fi chums and meet new ones
smily_headphones1.gif

How do you feel about bringing your TT? I think Crimson Tear is bringing one but the XR-10B wants to be reunited with your MusicHall. Think about it and if it is a hassle then no worries. I would like to hear your table because MH is one maker of interest to me.

See you saturday.

Feb 24, 2006 at 5:51 AM Post #409 of 472
Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa
sorry to get back to you guys late. against all my insticts that tell me i should study for my 3 midterms next week, i really want to go and bring my rig. the only thing is that i would need a ride from Berkeley. can that be arranged?

Hi I might be going out... hard to say; I have a lot of things to do that weekend.

Feb 24, 2006 at 5:56 AM Post #410 of 472
All,

Since I do not have any headphones or equipments to offer, I decided to offer my energy healing service to those who are interested. I'm a ceritfied Angelic Reiki Level 1 & 2 and Ascension Reiki 1st-9th Degrees. You can read more about from their web sites.

The session will last about 15 to 30 minutues but normally an hour or so. During the session you will sit or lay down with your body relax as much as you can while listening to some soothe and relaxing music that I provide. During the healing, I will be working with my healing angels who sends their healing energy through my body and send it to you by my hands. The healing not only heals in the physical body but also the mental body, emotional body, and spiritual body that we cannot see. In physic we call this subtle energy.

In order for me to perform my healing session, I need a private quiet place, like in a back yard or restroom.

For your preparation, you only need to have an open heart to recieve this healing energy and also learn to relax your body as much as you can. The more relax you are, the easier your body absorb them and works more effectively. An open heart meaning you believe or have faith that these will benefit you or work for you. If you are a very skeptical or have a strong negative attitude, then the energy will be block and will not work very well.

If you are interested, please reply to this thread or pm me so I know how many people are interested.

Below are some links if you wanted to learn more about it. The more you know, the more open you will be.

Origin and Aura Field (Astral Body)

http://www.angeltherapy.com/

http://www.askanangel.org

http://askrealjesus.com/P_IDENTITY/A..._mainpage.html

http://www.kheper.net/topics/subtlebody/Brennan.htm

-Kenneth

Feb 24, 2006 at 6:03 AM Post #411 of 472
okay, i already set it up with strogg who is comming from Davis. so i do have a ride, and i'll bring the rig along:
T42
SR60
PX100
UE Super fi pro 5
M-Audio Audiophile USB
Meier HA-1 MKII

I could bring the HD650 along, but it looks like that's already there...several times over.

Feb 24, 2006 at 6:09 AM Post #412 of 472
Quote:

Originally Posted by NeilPeart
k1000smile.gif

I'm planning on bringing both my HD650's rather than some other useless gear. we don't seem to have enough HD650's to go around.
orphsmile.gif

Feb 24, 2006 at 6:59 AM Post #414 of 472
Guiness Book of World Records rev. 2006
Most HD650's brought to headphone meet: 14. Head-Fi meet of Saratoga, CA on February 25, 2006.

I say we should bring as many as possible and see if we can get into that book
biggrin.gif
All in favor buy some HD650's
600smile.gif

Feb 24, 2006 at 7:01 AM Post #415 of 472
Yeah, I will bring my TT. I'm not completely sure if I will be able to bring the Sony reciever though. I don't think we really need it anyway. Do I need to bring many records? I was thinking of only bringing one, but I can grab a few if needed.

I removed your iRiver and added the K271's to the list, NeilPeart. I assume this is what you wanted.

So what are you doing for food? I probably won't be there when the time for that rolls around, but I just wanted to put the subject forward... again.

Wow, I just counted. Looks like you may have 40 (possibly 43) people in your house, neilvg.

Feb 24, 2006 at 8:13 AM Post #416 of 472
I'll also be bringing a few vintage PCDPs.

AZ6833 (magnavox)
AZ6816 (magnavox)
SL-S550 (panasonic)

some of the budget conscious might find it usefull

Feb 24, 2006 at 8:50 AM Post #418 of 472
*drool*

you are one evil person, morsel. but i won't cave in! I will make sure i keep all my cash, credit cards, check books, etc. locked up in a vault so no one, not even me, can get to it!!!!!

well, sarcasm aside, i am definitely looking forward to seeing you and everyone else at the meet. it'll definitely be a blast
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 24, 2006 at 10:12 AM Post #419 of 472
that looks so nice morsel.
biggrin.gif
can't wait to hear it. perhaps I'll pack my MDR-D77 and maybe a few other portable headphones to fit the portable theme.

and two Mini³ amps? can I have one?
tongue.gif

Feb 24, 2006 at 10:50 AM Post #420 of 472
Hey everyone,

I know that the 'official' meet start time is 1pm. While everyone is welcome throughout the day, I am opening up the house from 9am. Morsel has informed me that meet's in the bay area have historically started at 10am with setup at 9am.

To me this sounds just fine and I will certainly be setting up at this time. Anybody wishing to come early is welcome.

See you all on saturday,

Neil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back