San Diego/North County California
Jun 4, 2009 at 8:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 82

danik

Head-Fier

I have decided to cancel this meet due to an underwhelming rensponse from a head count poll.

Appologies to the few that have planned to attend and hope this late cancellation does not interefere with your other plans for the weekend.

Sincerely,
Dan

Jun 5, 2009 at 12:25 AM Post #2 of 82
Dude where were you last weekend
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
??????? ????????????????????

Jun 5, 2009 at 6:24 AM Post #3 of 82
I was at CanJam last weekend!!! AWESOME!!!

I know there must be people in San Diego who would want to have mini meets or just meet person to person to try new equipment.

Come on guys, S. Cal....where are you?

Jun 8, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #6 of 82
san diego is pretty far drive for me. live in LA here, but driving 2 hrs for a meet is kinda hard. im into this stuff, but i do have other stuff to do

Jun 8, 2009 at 1:42 AM Post #7 of 82
I'd be down if I was still there
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 8, 2009 at 8:19 PM Post #8 of 82
That's what I'm talking about. A year is too long to wait to share this hobby with others. At least I feel that way. I can't believe that we can't organize a mini meet within the area. Or make it a really simple grass roots kinda thing w several of us meeting at my house to demo gear. I'd be up for that. What do you think?

Jun 8, 2009 at 8:22 PM Post #9 of 82
Seriously, where were all of you for Canjam???

Jun 8, 2009 at 9:34 PM Post #11 of 82
I'm in SD. Currently here for school, but there's a possibility for a nice little gathering. I'm currently lacking in terms of a large inventory, but it'll probably build up over time. Yeah, chaospanda is another person here in sd, I noticed this thread from his posting before me. So far, that's the only other person I know in sd into head-fi.

I believe I've seen some other people on head-fi in other threads that are in sd. However, I might need help finding them to see if they'd be interested. I've seen some people that listed they were in sd based on their signature. Maybe someone else will look around and dig for them or ask them if you happen to notice as you're on other threads.

Jun 9, 2009 at 1:25 AM Post #12 of 82
In San Diego here, would love to have a little gathering.

Jun 9, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #13 of 82
I had the same reaction to CanJam - I'm ready for another meet!

If you guys organize something, I'll put some gear in the car and drive down. I haven't hung out in San Diego for a few years so it'd be great to head down for some listening and getting to know people.

Keep us posted.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 9, 2009 at 3:27 AM Post #14 of 82
Uncle Erik, in your experience what would a good venue be for a mini meet? It seems that guaging actual interest is difficult from the responses to this thread. Its great though that replies keep on coming!

Can you share your experience with organizing mini meets so I and hopefully a few others can start the process?

Dan

Jun 9, 2009 at 3:37 AM Post #15 of 82
Hey Guys,

I'm relatively new to the hobby, but I'm in North County and would be happy to attend a meet. I know a couple of others who may possibly be interested too.

Thomas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back