San Diego/North County California
Jun 13, 2009 at 6:12 AM Post #31 of 82
I would enjoy attending a meet in the San Diego area.
L3000.gif
When are you guys thinking?

Jun 13, 2009 at 7:46 PM Post #32 of 82
All the appartment complexes I lived in besides the current one allowed residents to rent out the clubhouse for a couple hundred, I'll ask around some friends.
If you are UCSD student or faculty - reserving room for "school project", such as research in the psychology of a SoCal head-fier, is free as far as I remember, but not sure about the full day reservations.

Jun 18, 2009 at 6:41 AM Post #34 of 82
I don't see why we can't use a clubhouse. I have one as a possibility- free! Are we expecting something too large, or do we need separate rooms? It would help to know what we're in for.

Perhaps we should start a running tally of those who plan to attend (Date pending), and separate into those with gear and those that are visitors.
So, I would start a tally by asking attendees to holler out like so:

Add me to the list, as Visitor

just my suggestion...
thoughts?

Jun 18, 2009 at 6:49 PM Post #35 of 82
Hey guys,

I live in North County also (Carlsbad) and I'd love to come. Can Jam was a blast. I can bring my SA5000's, my balanced amp, Cambridge DacMagic, and my Valab DAC too. The Valab is currently undergoing surgery to have a fully working FETishizator stage, a la Lukasz from lampizator.eu. So far, it sounds very different from the normal, 8-chips-in-parallel Valab. It's more along the lines of the Audio-GD Reference 1.

If my friend has time to come as well, then he'll bring some more equipment, I'm sure.

Jun 18, 2009 at 10:24 PM Post #37 of 82
Count me in. I can bring my Onix, Glite and HF-1.

Jun 18, 2009 at 11:17 PM Post #38 of 82
Be sure not to plan it for 7/11/09 or 8/8/09 - there's a LA mini meet and the NorCal meets those days. I don't know about everyone else, but 4-6 weeks warning would be good for me so I can plan around conflicts.

And yes, I'll go and bring as much as possible, save for the turntable because it's awful to move. I'm also willing to chip in $10-$20 to help pay for a room.

Jun 19, 2009 at 12:42 AM Post #39 of 82
We'll avoid July and August dates for sure given the other meets.
I'm working towards a Saturday in October. The venue I'm working on is within Cal State San Marcos University at the local student meeting center. There's a nice room that's quiet say approx 700 sq feet.

Jun 24, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #41 of 82
OK FOLKS! MARK THIS DATE ON YOUR CALENDAR FOR OUR SAN DIEGO/NORTH COUNTY MEET:

Date: 10/4/09 (Sunday)
Time: 10:30am --> 5pm

Here's a link to the facility:
CSUSM: University Village Apratments

I've scheduled this time to make sure there's plenty of time for everyone to schedule this date in advance and to make sure we don't conflict w other meets in California going on in July and August.

Sincerely,
Dan

Jun 24, 2009 at 7:53 PM Post #43 of 82
The room I would say is approx 700 sq feet. There's room to spread about and I predict that if we get too closed in for space we can set up little listening stations outside the room. I don't think that would be a problem.

Jul 24, 2009 at 6:14 AM Post #45 of 82
Is anyone starting an equipment list of who's bringing what to the meet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back