San Diego/North County California
Sep 18, 2009 at 3:44 PM Post #61 of 82
I don't think I'll be able to make it to Denver, but San Diego isn't too bad.

I can't bring everything, but I'll pack up the Zana Deux, SA8001 and a few cans to take along.

Sep 19, 2009 at 1:52 AM Post #62 of 82
I'm working on my JetAudio setup with some awesome percussion through RSA Predator --> D5000s.

Gear that will be at the meet to date:

Sennheiser HD650s
Singlepower MPX3 headphone-amp-o-death (as they are quickly gaining a reputation for)
Rotel RCD - 1070 CD player
Zana Deux, SA8001
Cans: D2000, D5000, ATH-900ti
Dac/Amp: RSA Predator

Sep 21, 2009 at 5:24 PM Post #65 of 82
I am still trying to work around the family schedule, but I would say there is a greater than 50% right now that I will be able to make it down from Newport Beach. I would bring my Shure SRH840s and Grado SR125s.

Sep 22, 2009 at 1:15 AM Post #66 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by Theish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't have much but i will bring my d10 and sr 125i also. But if this happens i am definitely there.

Oh it is happening... don't you worry.

See you then!
beerchug.gif

Sep 23, 2009 at 2:55 PM Post #68 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by danik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can't wait to try out the Singlepower mpx3-->HD650 !!!

I do enjoy listening to them... can't necessarily say I'd recommend buying one new due to the whole Singlepower fiascoes. Yes. More than one.

Myself I"m looking for some closed cans to check out. I want something that I can travel with and I'll put up with some bulkiness to be able to do it. My wife had some IEMs and it really was not the sound I was looking for.

Oct 1, 2009 at 12:43 AM Post #70 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by danik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone listen to Vanessa-Mae....awesome!

Can't say I do. I'm on a sissy rock kick right now. Death Cab for Cutie type stuff.

I am super excited to hear this Zana Deux. Been thinking about it for awhile sine this Singlepower fiasco broke loose.

Oct 1, 2009 at 4:49 AM Post #71 of 82
Hi Guys,

Just got the invite (thanks Chuckie)... I'm going to have to work around it a bit. Sundays are hard fast family days for me so let me see what I can do. If I can make it, I'll bring along a CanAmp or two and some Ultrasone Pro series headphones. I've even got a set of the Edition 8.

Anyway... let's see if I can make it. I'll let you all know. What time does this take place, BTW? (sorry, I've not gone through the whole thread)..

Dan

Oct 1, 2009 at 2:57 PM Post #72 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by El Cucuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Guys,

Just got the invite (thanks Chuckie)... I'm going to have to work around it a bit. Sundays are hard fast family days for me so let me see what I can do. If I can make it, I'll bring along a CanAmp or two and some Ultrasone Pro series headphones. I've even got a set of the Edition 8.

Anyway... let's see if I can make it. I'll let you all know. What time does this take place, BTW? (sorry, I've not gone through the whole thread)..

Dan

Thanks for posting! The meet is from 10:30 - 5:00 pm. T

hat would be seriously awesome if you came on by with some Ultrasones. I have been doing some reading on the HFI780 as a possible portable headphone. Regardless I would love to hear some of their other offerings.

Hope to see you there!

Oct 1, 2009 at 3:31 PM Post #73 of 82
I am looking forward to going! I'm planning to go down Friday night or Saturday morning and take the weekend off. It'll be nice to get away from the office.

Oct 4, 2009 at 1:17 AM Post #74 of 82
Ok I need to know how hard is it to get there because i don't have a car and i am a public transportation user. I kinda like google mapped it to see how to get to the place and it said by public transportation it would take me three and a half hours. If I am google mapping the right place then i might not be going. Can someone tell me if i am marking the right spot. Oh and I live in point loma. California State san Marcos university at 333 S Twin Oaks Valley Rd, San Marcos, CA 92096-0001. Is that the correct address.

Oct 4, 2009 at 5:50 PM Post #75 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by datura647 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I live in San Diego, near North Park area. I would love to meet up and try some equipment! and share my own of course..

edit: If someone wants to organize a more "official" meet, there are plenty of hotels in downtown SD that can provide us a conference room or whatever we may need. Also in this economy hotels are offering great deals.

Also, there's a store called Sound Company in San Diego near the Sports Arena next door to Phil's BBQ. In my experience this is the only true high end audio store in the city. Maybe we can invite them to the meet, and they will bring some stuff to listen to
smily_headphones1.gif

I might point out that Sound Company is but one of many choices in San Diego County and though they are nice guys, San Diego really does have some really nice choices for other dealerships as well.

For "brick and mortar" stores:

Stereo Unlimited Over 30 years in town. Bruce is a great guy and has an impressive vinyl record area set up in the back of his store.
Stereo Design in business since 1983 (early on, I managed this shop for over 13 years)
Breier Audio/Video established in 1951, they are obviously the oldest Hi-Fi shop in town and still family owned. Really nice people.

The above mentioned businesses (Sound Company included) carry a variety of Audio and Video equipment ranging by some standards as "entry level - high end" to the "exotic", depending on where your taste and budget is.

As reasonable alternatives, I would submit:

Sonic Culture
Audio Revelation
Blackbird Audio/Gallery

These (myself included) are smaller specialty businesses, mostly working by-appointment and offering some really great gear as well and are an alternative experience to the traditional retail venue.

I'm sure there may be more of us in town and I don't mean anything by omission, nor is there anything to the order in which I've listed the business that I did come up with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back