Samsung S10
Jul 15, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #137 of 270
My Galaxy S10+ (Exynos) doesn't detect DC01. I guess that is the compatibility issue they were talking about.

My S10+ exynos can detect properly.

Jul 18, 2019 at 7:21 PM Post #138 of 270

Ibasso dc01/02 for the win.
I haven't been able to get the DC01 to work with Tidal on my Note8. It works fine with Neutron (with the iBasso UAC app).

Jul 18, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #139 of 270
I haven't been able to get the DC01 to work with Tidal on my Note8. It works fine with Neutron (with the iBasso UAC app).

I am not sure as I am not a Tidal user but

youtube + uac and spotify + uac works for me.

Jul 30, 2019 at 10:56 PM Post #141 of 270
Hey all! I've been reading through this thread, looking for some opinions on audio experiences on the S10+.
I have the Snapdragon variant. Ive been listening to high res audio almost exclusively for a while now. And I've been a big fan of listening to that music using Neutron Player http://neutronmp.com/ to enjoy that audio. I find that having Neutron override the OS's DSP and instead using its own spectacular, audiophile-geared engine has provided a pretty excellent listening experience. However, after spending some time chatting with folks on here recently, I've started to wonder about if I'm missing out of an even better listening experience.
I noticed that Neutron has native support for DAC's, and I've never owned a DAC yet. Several people suggested that I try the ES100 as a nice entry-level DAC to check out. But I'm not sure. Honestly, I have little interest in doing anything wireless. I don't own any wireless headphones/earphones, I prefer to stick to wired for now. But I'm wondering, how much better of a listening experience would I expect from using a DAC in conjunction with neutron player? Does anyone else have any experience with using this phone, Neutron and a DAC?

I just got myself a nice pair of CCA C10's, and I'm just getting into the "Chi-fi" hobby and I'm really curious if it's worth it to take the plunge and try a budget DAC with my setup, or if I wouldn't notice much of a difference unless I invested some real $ into a higher end DAC? Lol there's so much to learn about all this stuff, it's kinda overwhelming haha!

Aug 12, 2019 at 12:39 AM Post #142 of 270
Hey all! I've been reading through this thread, looking for some opinions on audio experiences on the S10+.
I have the Snapdragon variant. Ive been listening to high res audio almost exclusively for a while now. And I've been a big fan of listening to that music using Neutron Player http://neutronmp.com/ to enjoy that audio. I find that having Neutron override the OS's DSP and instead using its own spectacular, audiophile-geared engine has provided a pretty excellent listening experience. However, after spending some time chatting with folks on here recently, I've started to wonder about if I'm missing out of an even better listening experience.
I noticed that Neutron has native support for DAC's, and I've never owned a DAC yet. Several people suggested that I try the ES100 as a nice entry-level DAC to check out. But I'm not sure. Honestly, I have little interest in doing anything wireless. I don't own any wireless headphones/earphones, I prefer to stick to wired for now. But I'm wondering, how much better of a listening experience would I expect from using a DAC in conjunction with neutron player? Does anyone else have any experience with using this phone, Neutron and a DAC?

I just got myself a nice pair of CCA C10's, and I'm just getting into the "Chi-fi" hobby and I'm really curious if it's worth it to take the plunge and try a budget DAC with my setup, or if I wouldn't notice much of a difference unless I invested some real $ into a higher end DAC? Lol there's so much to learn about all this stuff, it's kinda overwhelming haha!
I have and use an S10+ (Snapdragon) and it is very good via headphone out to an external amp. But I think you will find a good external DAC like a Chord Mojo (I've seen used for around $325) or a variant will improve the sound compared to the S10+ but I don't know what your budget is. You may also want to look at a nice portable external amp as it will improve the sound as well. But this hobby is pretty much advertisement for 'the Law of Diminishing Returns,' you generally get incremental returns after a certain level but for some of us, these small perceived increases in sound quality are worth it.

Good luck!

Back to the music...

:L3000::L3000::L3000:

Aug 21, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #145 of 270
buy an LG V40?
Problem solved

Aug 27, 2019 at 12:30 AM Post #146 of 270

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019 at 6:08 PM Post #147 of 270
Been lurking this forum for some time but decided I finally join.

I'm experiencing a slight background hissing like another member posted. I exchanged the phone for another one but I still get the same noise Never had an issue with any of my Samsung phones in the past. Wife thinks I'm crazy because she can't hear it.

Does anyone else experience the same thing with their S10 with the headphone jack? Is a USB-c to 3.5mm the only fix?

Edited for update

After trying other headphones, including the oem akg, the hiss is only there at the 3rd click up from mute. Love the phone but can't deal with that noise.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2019 at 6:44 AM Post #149 of 270
As per gsmarea s10 plus has better noise figures and crosstalk with headphone out. Did anyone compare s10 and s10 plus side by side? I dont think they are equally implemented if measurements are right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back