Samsung S10
May 23, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #106 of 270
My daily phone is now a Exynos S10+ ceramic but I still kept my LG V30+ becasue its as good as many dedicated DAP's.

For Spotify Premium stuff they both sound great but I still use my V30+ as a dedicated music player (no SIM) with UAPP for Tidal with hardware MQA support and also plays native DSD's and HD-FLAC better.

The V30+ is obviosly best for Headphones with its higher power output.

I only use Shure SE846's these days and both phones have total silent backgrounds.

Both sound identical if using my Fiio BTR3 via LDAC bluetooth (to be expected) and sound great.

For all none music the S10+ is best.

Last edited:
May 25, 2019 at 1:25 AM Post #107 of 270
Has anyone tried connecting their phone to a usb dac?
I have a s10e exynos and when I connect to my Topping dx7s, I get popping sounds along with the audio. Happens regardless of cable and doesnt happen with my previous phone.

Tried disabling dolby, selecting charge phone only under usb settings in developers options.
Says charging usb device under notifications and when I try to change the control to the phone, says changing host failed. Anyone experienced anything similar?
I have a s10e exynos and when I connect to my Topping dx7s, I get popping sounds along with the audio. Happens regardless of cable and doesnt happen with my previous phone.

Tried disabling dolby, selecting charge phone only under usb settings in developers options.
Says charging usb device under notifications and when I try to change the control to the phone, says changing host failed. Anyone experienced anything similar?

I use my snapdragon S10+ with a Cambridge Audio XS USB DAC and have encountered no problems, works great with all audio on phone, Qobuz, Spotify, Netflix, Hulu, Web, etc.

Last edited:
May 25, 2019 at 1:30 AM Post #108 of 270

I use a Cambridge Audio Magicdac XS with my S10+ Snapdragon and it works great for all audio on the phone (Qobuz, Spotify, Netflix, Hulu, Flac, etc) with no issues.

Last edited:
May 25, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #109 of 270
I use a Cambridge Audio Magicdac XS with my S10+ Snapdragon and it works great for all audio on the phone (Qobuz, Spotify, Netflix, Hulu, Flac, etc) with no issues.

Since the last software update it rarely happens now. Only on occasion when using tidal with a external dac.

Also I've kinda found why the s10e headphone jack sounds rubbish. When the volume is increased (into the orange region) the sound changes, the mids suddenly become recessed and more v shaped. Although I find it odd it seems to do this as well via bluetooth when using the radsone es100

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #111 of 270
Since the last software update it rarely happens now. Only on occasion when using tidal with a external dac.

Also I've kinda found why the s10e headphone jack sounds rubbish. When the volume is increased (into the orange region) the sound changes, the mids suddenly become recessed and more v shaped. Although I find it odd it seems to do this as well via bluetooth when using the radsone es100

Check out this thread on the xda forums: https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s10/help/how-to-off-samsung-audio-processing-t3924392

The solution for you might be to disable Soundalive and Adapt Sound. Quoting moe7863 towards the end of that thread:

“To all those that are struggling with this issue, let me shed some light. Samsung uses two audio processors by default:
Adapt Sound - Runs a hearing test to provide a personalised sound profile that matches your hearing perfectly. Once you've run the test, the sound output from any set of headphones will be adjusted to fit you.
Soundalive - Gives you access to the equaliser and advanced sound settings via Settings > Sounds and Vibration > Advanced sound settings > Sound quality effects. This allows you to boost frequencies by genre, increase bass, and generally amp things up using SoundAlive.

To my knowledge, there is no way to disable these sound processing via UI (package disabler may work) so we have a few options via ADB. We can either uninstall the factory sound processors or disable them. Instructions are below:

Disable sound processors: pm disable-user --user 0 com.sec.android.app.soundalive
pm disable-user --user 0 com.sec.hearingadjust

Uninstall sound processors: pm uninstall --user 0 com.sec.hearingadjust
pm uninstall --user 0 com.sec.android.app.soundalive

Please note: After uninstalling/disabling the sound processors, you will NO longer be able to access the advanced sound settings menu. I have found that the sound is cleaner and there is less clipping after disabling these processors.”

I don't have the phone yet, but could you (or anyone else) try this out and let us know if it improves the sound quality?

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2019 at 11:28 AM Post #113 of 270
Is it worth getting HIDIZS Sonata HD USB DAC for Galaxy S10? Would it be major or minor impromvement?
As a person who used VE odessey on s8 for long, I would like to give a warning on USB C dacs on samsung devices tucked in a pocket. it screws up the USB port after constant use. Now my charging cable is not tight in the port. USB DAC kept in a pocket during walking around isnt a good idea for long term use.

Jun 24, 2019 at 7:46 AM Post #116 of 270
I can hear backhroung hiss when playing QUIET music with very sensitive IEMs like Andromeda (stock cable) with S10+ audio out. The same IEMs and cable set has no hissing when connected to an usb c dac which in turns connect to the s10+

Jun 24, 2019 at 8:36 AM Post #118 of 270
20190622_141032.jpg

Ibasso dc01/02 for the win.

Jun 24, 2019 at 7:07 PM Post #120 of 270
That looks fragile like the hidiz sonata. Wish it was good built like the odessey. This is definitely going to break in few days.

You didnt even touch it. You can know it break soon you are God.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back