Samsung Galaxy SII In-Ear Monitors
Nov 7, 2011 at 10:22 AM Post #16 of 46

Quote:
ITs a well documented problem actually. Its software.

Bluetooth dont get it coz they've got a specialized button for fast forward. its easy. fast forward

with wired remote, you gotta press play twice quickly

I know my android software quite well actually...:/
You either need a better android device, or a "newer" OS/root etc

Nov 7, 2011 at 11:03 AM Post #17 of 46
the s2 uses the same pole configurations as iPhone, so any headsets advertised as iPhone compatible should work, except the volume buttons. the answer button and mic will work. for bassy headset, I'd recommend the Thinksound ts02+mic, loads of bass and sounding reasonably crisp with a wide soundstage.

Nov 7, 2011 at 11:51 AM Post #18 of 46
Its the Samsung Galaxy S2. I doubt i can get any newer android phones.

Samsung claims to be looking into the matter. And Klipsch claims to have developed an app to go with their new 'made for android' IEMs. The app didnt work too well..

Nov 7, 2011 at 8:59 PM Post #20 of 46

Quote:
You could try Klipsch's new S4a earbuds, they're the s4 just designed for use with android.

Its sad to have to go back to Klipsch after everything I've tried over the past year.

I'm now just using a small 6inch extension with control abilities for skipping tracks out to my GR07 or SE530, sometimes maybe my Edition 8s.

Or the Audio technica mic+controls extension.

Going back to the Klipsch is really just a bummer lol. It sounds crap

Nov 7, 2011 at 9:06 PM Post #21 of 46
The Galaxy SII also has a flatter response compared to say..  Apple

Not even close. The Iphone 4/3GS/4S destroy the GSII (read these loaded tests). Even the LG Optimus 2X is better, which is a decent option. Apple's newer DAPs have good SQ, they just got a bad rep here on headfi for having a poor run with the first Cirrus Logic DAPs. The newer ones are even better than the Wolfson based ones. 

Nov 7, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #22 of 46

Quote:
Not even close. The Iphone 4/3GS/4S destroy the GSII (read these loaded tests). Even the LG Optimus 2X is better, which is a decent option. Apple's newer DAPs have good SQ, they just got a bad rep here on headfi for having a poor run with the first Cirrus Logic DAPs. The newer ones are even better than the Wolfson based ones. 

You got your info wrong matey. The older apple DAPs use the Wolfson DAC. Now they use the Cirrus DAC (from 3GS or 4 onwards). Get your facts straight before attempting a rebuttal. I'm sorry if on paper the 4 is better than the GSII, I really am. But I just find the GSII more neutral/flat compared to the iPhone 4. That is all. I have not once mentioned that one is better than the other. Listening to more balanced and neutral IEMs like GR07 is better on the iPhone 4 as the slightly warmer and bassier frequency adds more portable fun. On the GSII it becomes a little too analytical. But listening to the Edition 8s on the iphone 4 can be fatiguing due to bass x 2. The GSII fares better.

Nov 7, 2011 at 10:11 PM Post #23 of 46
I don't understand why it seems to be taken offensively. I know the older Ipods used Wolfson DACs. I don't think you read my post properly, I meant the first run of Cirrus Logic DACs which were used on the Classic, Nano and Touch 2G. I know you didn't say that one is better than the other, you said neutral flat and the S2 simply isn't. Perhaps the S2 is coloring your headphones in a way that makes them sound more flat, it's definitely coloring the bass (rolling it off or bumping it based on impedance). Perhaps the IP4 is showing the Edition 8's true colors. 

Too bad Samsung took a step backwards by ditching Wolson for Yamaha. The really high output impedance is also an issue. 

Nov 7, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #24 of 46

Quote:
Perhaps the IP4 is showing the Edition 8's true colors. 

Perhaps. But they sound very good on my desktop set. Shockingly good. Have you heard them? All my fears that the Edition 8s were a dud headphone thats aimed at looks, bling and marketing are all put to rest really. Even when pitted against the Beyer T5p I found the Edition 8s better. The only portable audio device I found to match or beat the quality of sound from this Ed8s are the JH16.

I'm also by no means dissing IP4. I'm using them as we speak. The GSII belongs to my GF. And I liek the IP4 enough to use them without even an amp, and wont really bother, especially for portable use. However I do find the Fostex HP-P1 to be an absolutely amazing upgrade.

Nov 7, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #25 of 46
looking to get the galaxy s2 myself,  used to have the vibrant with voodoo sound and enjoyed it alot.  ATM, running a g2x with vodoo sound with poweramp.  

Looking the at the galaxy nexus also for the 720p screen but i am on tmobile.  A lot more Androids coming early next year including HTC with quadcore nvidia chip.  Im a freakin upgrade junkie myself,  i tend to switch it up every 3 to 6 months.

Nov 7, 2011 at 10:51 PM Post #26 of 46
Just here to say that from an iPhone 4S owner- the SII might not measure well but it is fun-sounding for sure!

The soundstage seems wider with good separation (are there DSP effects going on?) and the sub-bass seems pumped up a bit for a nice, fun sound out of the box (co-worker has one).

I put the same files on my 4S today and I am not saying the Samsung is neutral, just that it sounds fun and you guys are going to enjoy them.

(Used UE RM and tomorrow will try again with my Pico Slim added to my 4S.)

The way the "neutral" UE RM sounded on the Samsung leads me to think that it might be too much bass with bassier phones, but I lent mine out so can't try right now...

beerchug.gif

Nov 8, 2011 at 3:53 AM Post #28 of 46
S1 has better hardware, audio wise than the s2.
However the s2 has the overall edge on all other fonts over the s1.
S1>4,4s
S2, non audio wise, rapes all 4 (s1, 4, 4s) incl the nexus, even though the nexus has a 720p screen....that's all it has (of course its being shipped with ICS...but that's no big deal)

Nov 8, 2011 at 4:12 AM Post #29 of 46

Quote:
S1 has better hardware, audio wise than the s2.
However the s2 has the overall edge on all other fonts over the s1.
S1>4,4s
S2, non audio wise, rapes all 4 (s1, 4, 4s) incl the nexus, even though the nexus has a 720p screen....that's all it has (of course its being shipped with ICS...but that's no big deal)

In what way? (hardware)

Nov 8, 2011 at 4:16 AM Post #30 of 46

Quote:
In what way? (hardware)

AUDIO hardware, by that i mean the audio chip is better in the s1 than the s2 - its a given fact (read posts above)
S1 = Wolfson 
S2 = Yamaha

EDIT:
No idea why they downgraded so to speak, but hey your not buying the phone just because of its music ability, but probably because of its better screen, bigger screen, 2x the ram (lol ifail4s), 2x the cores
At least that's what I would buy the s2 for, I didn't see the need to, and thus haven't bought an s2 - I'm waiting for the next gen thing...quad core, 3d capable..some shiz like that lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back