Samsung Galaxy SII In-Ear Monitors
Nov 8, 2011 at 4:51 AM Post #34 of 46

Quote:
Ah, I will just wait for the official release. 

If i waited for the official release it will probably be in over 4months (knowing samsung's speed = slow) lol
If i had waited for the official release of JVO (GB) I would have still been on froyo 2 months more than i should have been :p!

Oh the joys of being the guy that makes most of the ROM flashing videos for the SGS1 :D
I really should learn how to dev my own ROM...

Nov 8, 2011 at 4:53 AM Post #35 of 46

Quote:

If i waited for the official release it will probably be in over 4months (knowing samsung's speed = slow) lol
If i had waited for the official release of JVO (GB) I would have still been on froyo 2 months more than i should have been :p!

Oh the joys of being the guy that makes most of the ROM flashing videos for the SGS1 :D

Heh, I'm still new to the Android so I'm taking it easy.

Nov 8, 2011 at 5:01 AM Post #37 of 46

Quote:

Samsung has been the best at 2.3 updates, by far. Because Samsung got ICS way before an other campany, again. 

Nov 8, 2011 at 5:05 AM Post #38 of 46

Quote:
Samsung has been the best at 2.3 updates, by far. Because Samsung got ICS way before an other campany, again. 

You forgot HTC and ICS :wink:

Samsung weren't bad with GB updates...but you should see I've gone through so many different GB's and they chose the "mediocre" one so to speak, JVO, custom ROM wise it was the one that was a pain...
Why Samsung chose to dev more on JVO build is beyond me. JVK was much much better, would have made 2.3.3. much faster for people still on stock.

ANYWAY, we are way too off-topic here, apologies from me.

Nov 8, 2011 at 5:54 AM Post #39 of 46

Quote:

You forgot HTC and ICS :wink:

Samsung weren't bad with GB updates...but you should see I've gone through so many different GB's and they chose the "mediocre" one so to speak, JVO, custom ROM wise it was the one that was a pain...
Why Samsung chose to dev more on JVO build is beyond me. JVK was much much better, would have made 2.3.3. much faster for people still on stock.

ANYWAY, we are way too off-topic here, apologies from me.

i can't talk about those custom ROM stuff cause sadly, I'm an iPhone 4 user (as i said yesterday) so all i know is if a phone got, or didn't get, official updates from sites like Engadget.

Ill switch to Android when my contract finishes, cause thats around the time when the SGS3 should come out, the same guy that leaked the Nexus Prime (which turned out to be very accurate) also leaked the SGS3 and the specs are just amazing, and knowing Samsung (WOWing us every SGS release) it probably will be.

Ive got a MBP13 and an iPhone 4 and the only thing i hate about Apple is, their software is great, their support is great, their accessory is great (not directly from Apple, but there seems to be more accessories available for Apples products in general), but the way they put form>functionality is just too far.

Alluminium is great, it feels nice, but thats the only thats good about it. Its really heavy, and it gets REALLY HOT. After more than 6 months of use, i couldn't care less about the material now. My dad has the Samsung Series 9 (Duralumin, very nice), awesome build quality, very light and it barely ever gets hot (MBPs are hot all the time).

And my iPhone 4, my best friends got a SGS2. IMO the SGS2 feels nicer than my iPhone 4, because its a lot thinner and A LOT lighter and its not hot.

But ill never get HTC though, they use cheap metal to look cool, and they make phones as cheap as possible, from the internal to the exterior. Look at the HTC Sensation, its already got: volume button falling off, dust under screen, screen becoming unresponsive because they didn't stick it on properly, etc

Nov 8, 2011 at 5:58 AM Post #40 of 46

Quote:
i can't talk about those custom ROM stuff cause sadly, I'm an iPhone 4 user (as i said yesterday) so all i know is if a phone got, or didn't get, official updates from sites like Engadget.

Ill switch to Android when my contract finishes, cause thats around the time when the SGS3 should come out, the same guy that leaked the Nexus Prime (which turned out to be very accurate) also leaked the SGS3 and the specs are just amazing, and knowing Samsung (WOWing us every SGS release) it probably will be.

S2 is a much better phone than the iphone4, sorry to say, let alone better than the 4S
When you upgrade don't expect itunes though, don't expect an "app store" full of games, but expect a phone that is more capable than an iphone will ever be :)

My mum has an s1, and my dad has an s2.
My dad can't even use a computer, even though i built him one - yet he can use an s2 lol
I told him to get the s2 over the iphone4, and he was literally like an apple fanboy, and now his got his s2 his thanking me haha...oh dad :p

Nov 8, 2011 at 6:02 AM Post #41 of 46

Quote:
S2 is a much better phone than the iphone4, sorry to say, let alone better than the 4S
When you upgrade don't expect itunes though, don't expect an "app store" full of games, but expect a phone that is more capable than an iphone will ever be :)

My mum has an s1, and my dad has an s2.
My dad can't even use a computer, even though i built him one - yet he can use an s2 lol
I told him to get the s2 over the iphone4, and he was literally like an apple fanboy, and now his got his s2 his thanking me haha...oh dad :p

yea, thats what i want, iPhones are SO BORING for a nerd like me, on my iPhone, I've got absolutely no games that I play, there are some that my sister plays that I can't delete but she's getting an iPod Touch soon so it doesn't matter.

the only apps i ever use is: eBay apps, Engadget apps, and some other basic apps (that i know Android already has)

the SGS2 is definitely a better phone than my iPhone 4, definitely, from the OS to the hardware, I know some people hate Android cause its too 'complicated' but if Android is too complicated, then opening a door is too complicated as well then

Nov 8, 2011 at 6:11 AM Post #43 of 46

Quote:
yea, thats what i want, iPhones are SO BORING for a nerd like me, on my iPhone, I've got absolutely no games that I play, there are some that my sister plays that I can't delete but she's getting an iPod Touch soon so it doesn't matter.

the only apps i ever use is: eBay apps, Engadget apps, and some other basic apps (that i know Android already has)

the SGS2 is definitely a better phone than my iPhone 4, definitely, from the OS to the hardware, I know some people hate Android cause its too 'complicated' but if Android is too complicated, then opening a door is too complicated as well then

Well said haha!

EDIT:
I'm taking that quote, and putting it on my FB :p

Saying that for apps, yup they have all the listed, and more so have a LARGE amount of apps that are very very cool, but on the game front its a little disappointing, of course you have the mainstream shiz, but even them, aren't as polished than what they are on the iphone.

I bought my gf an ipod touch 4G for her birthday, and I'm very pleased with what i gifted her - she plays on it, listens to music, and can take pictures with it - its exactly what she wanted, and its something I even considered - buying an ipod, just to game on it - however the more I think about it the less I want an ipod, and more so, i hardly have any time to play on-the-go.

Nov 8, 2011 at 7:17 AM Post #44 of 46
i have an S1 and an iphone4 and honestly, the S1 sounds better with my TF10s.
I dont really get why they would downgrade the chip on the S2 especialy when theyre making a series of portable players based on the galaxy phone

Nov 8, 2011 at 7:37 AM Post #45 of 46

Quote:
i have an S1 and an iphone4 and honestly, the S1 sounds better with my TF10s.
I dont really get why they would downgrade the chip on the S2 especialy when theyre making a series of portable players based on the galaxy phone

Most probably to save costs :wink:
And people that go into a store, don't look at the hardware as much, but rather the price...Which is fair enough, but if for example the s2 was the same price of the 4S/4, people wouldn't buy the s2 as much as they did.
Despite the fact of the s2 still being better than the iphones.
I would pay more for an s2 than i would for an iphone. I still don't see myself spending in the region of £700 - but you see what I'm getting at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back