Samsung Galaxy SII In-Ear Monitors
Nov 6, 2011 at 8:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 46

thelionrampant

New Head-Fier
Looking for suggestions for earphones, with microphone and control, that is compatible for use with the Samsung Galaxy SII Android handset.

I listen to a lot of trance type music, so bass is essential.

Mucho gracias,

M.

Nov 7, 2011 at 5:01 AM Post #4 of 46

Quote:
The Galaxy SII also has a flatter response compared to say..  Apple

haha this is brilliant
Yeah enjoy the sticker of the 4S, whilst the OP enjoys his 512MB EXTRA RAM he has + the bigger screen and the better AMOLED display...I can go on :wink:

@OP
What's your budget?

I don't know many "compatible" with android (as manufacturers all state only apple) so they never include that they are compatible with your phone (android).
The best thing to do, is actually call the manufacturer and ask them if it is/isn't compatible with android. (such as calling monster)
S2 or s1, doesn't matter, what your worried about is the OS not the phone.
So in reality, your looking for earphones with mic, that are compatible with android, not the s2 :wink:

So if you let us know the budget, maybe I or probably others will give you a better idea of what your looking for :D!

Nov 7, 2011 at 5:29 AM Post #5 of 46
Its all compatible with Android, cept android does not support volume controls, only skip, pause, play.

I must say, the Android's controls are ABYSMAL. They're ridiculously hard to skip or play or do whatever. I've tried them with the stock S2 IEMs, apple iBuds, Bowers & Wilkins p5. My musicphone adapter or any other wired remote. All fail. My skip song success rate is 60%. The other times I end up pausing the song...  insane bad

Nov 7, 2011 at 5:34 AM Post #6 of 46
I'm absolutely sick of my iPhone 4 and i REALLY, REALLY want to switch to Android (specifically the Samsung Nexus line or the GS line) but the things that are stopping me are:

accesories
games (not normal apps though ,cause Android has caught up)
some bought apps
Ive got a MBP and i want an iPad.

Nov 7, 2011 at 5:43 AM Post #7 of 46

Quote:
Its all compatible with Android, cept android does not support volume controls, only skip, pause, play.

I must say, the Android's controls are ABYSMAL. They're ridiculously hard to skip or play or do whatever. I've tried them with the stock S2 IEMs, apple iBuds, Bowers & Wilkins p5. My musicphone adapter or any other wired remote. All fail. My skip song success rate is 60%. The other times I end up pausing the song...  insane bad

What android phone do you have?
Last time i did skip/pause play etc on the Nokia headphones 905's (bearing in mind they are wireless and bluetooth, it worked instantly with 0 problems...even at a 8m range...0.0

Quote:
I'm absolutely sick of my iPhone 4 and i REALLY, REALLY want to switch to Android (specifically the Samsung Nexus line or the GS line) but the things that are stopping me are:

accesories
games (not normal apps though ,cause Android has caught up)
some bought apps
Ive got a MBP and i want an iPad.

-Accessories? What do you mean by that?
-Games, agreed, the app store is much better - its mainly because developers don't like google 15min return window, and more so, because loads of people have iphones, rather than droids.
-Well, you win some...you lose some :p
I spent a little on the app store when i had a ipod touch...don't regret losing them 1 single bit lol
-I would suggest the S2 not the Nexus, unless you are REALLY looking into a 720p display...apart from that s2 > nexus

Nov 7, 2011 at 7:39 AM Post #8 of 46
Monster Turbines (Regular, Pro & Copper) - I believe they all come with "ControlTalk" to skip/pause/volume-control etc.. They're all great headsets from what I have heard. (Only owned the MTPC myself).

Nov 7, 2011 at 7:42 AM Post #9 of 46

Quote:
Monster Turbines (Regular, Pro & Copper) - I believe they all come with "ControlTalk" to skip/pause/volume-control etc.. They're all great headsets from what I have heard. (Only owned the MTPC myself).

i was going to suggest that...but didn't know his budget :p

Thing is he can buy any earphone and get a mic adaptor no? Or is this my wrong assumption here?

Nov 7, 2011 at 8:20 AM Post #10 of 46
No clue about the mic adaptor. I was never very techy.

Well, regardless of budget, a pair of the regular Turbines are not very expensive. He could probably even find a set of either refurbished (from Monster's Outlet site) or used Golds/Coppers for a reasonable price, without adding too much pain to his wallet.

Nov 7, 2011 at 8:28 AM Post #11 of 46
Budget is around $150 .... probably search Ebay for the most viable suggestions listed - although there seem to be bucketfuls of 'replica' Dr Dre products flooding Ebay at present.  Same with other brands?.  

The standard bundled earphones with the Galaxy appear to only have pause, fwd, rev and microphone function.  Can't seem to find any volume control - not that that's crucial.  However, they have absolutely no subtlety or bass definition.  It's the ability to listen to music with great bass and a sweet integration alround and take calls on the move that's of vital importance in the functionality stakes.

And friends, let's keep the Apple - Android debate out of this thread please.  I could have gone either route, but chose the route I took for MY own reasons.  I'm glad I did.  My personal decisions are not up for debate here.

Nov 7, 2011 at 8:40 AM Post #12 of 46

Quote:
Budget is around $150 .... probably search Ebay for the most viable suggestions listed - although there seem to be bucketfuls of 'replica' Dr Dre products flooding Ebay at present.  Same with other brands?.  

The standard bundled earphones with the Galaxy appear to only have pause, fwd, rev and microphone function.  Can't seem to find any volume control - not that that's crucial.  However, they have absolutely no subtlety or bass definition.  It's the ability to listen to music with great bass and a sweet integration alround and take calls on the move that's of vital importance in the functionality stakes.

And friends, let's keep the Apple - Android debate out of this thread please.  I could have gone either route, but chose the route I took for MY own reasons.  I'm glad I did.  My personal decisions are not up for debate here.

Well in terms of your search, I would look into the MTPG/MTPC and into the TFTA's TFTA>Monsters, but they don't have control talk...you would have to get an additional adaptor for that (that can be picked up anywhere on ebay for example for under $20 I'm sure

I would really really...can't stress this enough really, avoid buying Monsters, or sony's from ebay - 80% of the time they are fake.
Buy ONLY from authorised dealers, like amazon US, best buy etc...Call the company, say for example monster and double/triple check with them that they are authorised dealers.
if they aren't, then don't buy from them, and more so  don't buy as your warranty won't be valid with the manufacturers :wink:

Nov 7, 2011 at 8:48 AM Post #13 of 46

Quote:
What android phone do you have?
Last time i did skip/pause play etc on the Nokia headphones 905's (bearing in mind they are wireless and bluetooth, it worked instantly with 0 problems...even at a 8m range...0.0

Not talking about bluetooth. That works well. Its the physically connected controls that suck ass. The timing margin between the doubleclicks to get a fast forward is.. waaaayyy to slim. Click twice too fast, it pauses because it thinks its a single click. Click too slow.. and it pauses..  and plays again..  WHAT THE?!?!?  you gotta be perfect to be able to fast forward. I was at 80% failure first day. Now after practice..  60%. Still i stuff up from time to time.

Nov 7, 2011 at 9:00 AM Post #14 of 46

Quote:
Not talking about bluetooth. That works well. Its the physically connected controls that suck ass. The timing margin between the doubleclicks to get a fast forward is.. waaaayyy to slim. Click twice too fast, it pauses because it thinks its a single click. Click too slow.. and it pauses..  and plays again..  WHAT THE?!?!?  you gotta be perfect to be able to fast forward. I was at 80% failure first day. Now after practice..  60%. Still i stuff up from time to time.

but button mashing/responsiveness I don't think has anything to do with the android device, considering Bluetooth was super speedy.
By that I mean:
If the OS could handle wireless signals to my headphones, it sure can handle wired ones.

Either or practice makes perfect...
darthsmile.gif
 hehehe

Nov 7, 2011 at 10:20 AM Post #15 of 46
ITs a well documented problem actually. Its software.

Bluetooth dont get it coz they've got a specialized button for fast forward. its easy. fast forward

with wired remote, you gotta press play twice quickly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back