Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge Sound Quality
Jul 16, 2016 at 7:17 PM Post #211 of 228
What?

One, I'm using an LG now, and even if you go by my out of date signature, you'll see I was using a dragonfly as a DAC, and secondly, I have a Z5 premium, and it is at very best sub-par...
well i am saying that Samsung will never touch Sony in the audio department the s6 has a Wolfson Dec but their amp is a disaster

Jul 16, 2016 at 7:20 PM Post #212 of 228
And I'm saying that that isn't the general consensus...

Grab a listen to an HTC 10 or an LG V10, and see if your opinion remains the same, if it does, more power to you, nothing wrong with that, but to say it as an absolute isn't as good as saying "imo"

That aside, not a good start to call out someone as a fanboy with only your second post... Please play nicely.

Jul 16, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #213 of 228
And I'm saying that that isn't the general consensus... I I own a Sony Xperia X Performance z5 premium and a LG v10 just think the Sony sounds better I have seen alot of fake bad reviews on Xperia devices that is unfair just turn on clearaudio+ and test them out even use the dsee hx

Grab a listen to an HTC 10 or an LG V10, and see if your opinion remains the same, if it does, more power to you, nothing wrong with that, but to say it as an absolute isn't as good as saying "imo"

That aside, not a good start to call out someone as a fanboy with only your second post... Please play nicely.

Jul 19, 2016 at 2:13 AM Post #214 of 228
I would say that s6 sounds great. I was listening my UERR from my AK240SS almost everyday. And now I just use my s6 edge. Listening to 16 bit flac laura fygie, eva cassidy, emy fujita, yao hsi ting. It is great. The diff only the staging.

Jul 19, 2016 at 2:23 AM Post #215 of 228
Clearaudio+ on Sony devices gives you an instant "wow" factor, but ultimately this DSP doesn't add anything positive to a PURISTS sound setup...

Nothing wrong with it per se, but most people would rather not use it for the negatives it brings

Jul 22, 2016 at 1:12 AM Post #217 of 228

check the beta Poweramp out. rocking my s6 edge. wow.

Nov 14, 2016 at 11:11 AM Post #218 of 228
This thread has gone very quiet lately, does this mean everyone is happy or just moved on to another phone?
Question, I have the OPPO HA3 amplifier, if I plug it in on OTG, the background noise is horrendous, am I doing something wrong? I am using the Onkyo HF player on a standard S6 Edge +.

Dec 1, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #219 of 228
Could someone please explain to me how some people can say The S6 Edge has a V, W or or any other shaped sonic signature you would care to ascribe, when the measured frequency response is ruler flat to within 0.05 db?

Dec 3, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #221 of 228
I know, that is what I said it had.  Others in this thread have claimed it has a non-flat response and I wanted to know why they thought that.

Dec 8, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #223 of 228
I have just tested out the audio quality of the galaxy s7 edge and the Sony Xperia m4 aqua. to make it fair I used the same headphones on both devices and the same audio file on both the devices only clearaudio+ was on on the Sony and UHQ upscalerwas on on the Samsung and to my surprise the Sony sounded better the highs were crisp the bass was powerful the mids was just perfectwhile on the Samsung the highs was a pain to listen to the sound stage was awful the base sounded tight I had tried everything on the Samsung to match the audio quality of the Sony but was unsuccessful How could a mid Ranger sound better than a flagship??

Dec 14, 2016 at 4:56 AM Post #224 of 228
I consider buying DragonFly Black v1.5 for the Galaxy s6. However after reading this thread I'm not so sure this is a good idea.

There are people saying that even an external DAC won't fix the sound problems of the Galaxy S6. Is this true? Will the use of USB Audio Player + DragonFly make things any different?

Dec 14, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #225 of 228
I consider buying DragonFly Black v1.5 for the Galaxy s6. However after reading this thread I'm not so sure this is a good idea.

There are people saying that even an external DAC won't fix the sound problems of the Galaxy S6. Is this true? Will the use of USB Audio Player + DragonFly make things any different?

What sound problems are you referring to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back