Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge Sound Quality
Mar 7, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #196 of 228
thank you very much for the quick and informative reply

i assume there are no issue or lags with playback?

No problem :)

There are no issues with playback and no lag or cut outs.

Apr 15, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #197 of 228
Perhaps you can advise me on how to get the best sound from my Samsung Galaxy Edge Plus (928A). I am on stock. I am quite dissatisfied with the sound. I have tried Audio Technica M50 headphone, Sure 215E earbuds and Jabra bluetooth wireless headset. I am comparing the sound with my OnePlus One. Also, when I installed Viper4Android on my OnePlus One I got much better sound than I have experienced before. I typically use Google Music. I also purchased PowerAmp but that does not work when streaming. Look forward to your advice.

Apr 16, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #198 of 228
Listened today to S6 vs Fiio X3 1st gen, on a track that I know very well. Result: S6 is better! Voices and instruments have more texture. X3 is extraordinary thin sounding. Later on will check vs X5 which I also have.

Apr 16, 2016 at 7:25 PM Post #199 of 228
Update: S6 is superior to X5 1st gen too, but is visibly inferior to DX100. I'm impressed. They stuffed into S6 ~$300 worth of sound alone!

The ranking would be: DX100 >> S6 > X5 > X3.

IEMs used: DN-2000, IE80 with custom cable.
Music: Nightwish, White Night Fantasy.

Apr 16, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #200 of 228
  Update: S6 is superior to X5 1st gen too, but is visibly inferior to DX100. I'm impressed. They stuffed into S6 ~$300 worth of sound alone!

The ranking would be: DX100 >> S6 > X5 > X3.

IEMs used: DN-2000, IE80 with custom cable.
Music: Nightwish, White Night Fantasy.

That is interesting.

I do enjoy the sound from my S6 Edge+. However, when using my Fidue A83 I much prefer the sound signature coming from my iPod Video 5.5th Gen & Fiio A3 stack. I mainly find that there a bit more detail in the treble, vocals to me sound more alive and the bass sounds tighter, more controlled and has much more depth & extension. That is not to say that the S6 is lacking in any of these, in fact it does a fantastic job in all these areas but when I use my A83 with my iPod + Fiio A3 stack, I feel the sound just goes up another level above the S6.

Might just be me but yeah, I do like the sound coming from the S6 Edge+ and unfortunately I can't really compare my stack against the X5, X3 or DX100 as I don't own any of them.

Just thought I'd share my thought.

May 10, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #203 of 228
Please see my previous post.

You mustbe joking...i have heard the X1 , i own the X3 and galaxy s3...The sound of S6 is horrible compared to X3 ans even S3...The X1 is close to S6 but it is entry level.And that is the sound of S6.Entry level even listen to eat with Yuin even with victor -jvc even with Grado even with Senheizer...Boring sound with disturbing highs....Please dont deny all of these..

May 11, 2016 at 12:46 AM Post #204 of 228
You mustbe joking...i have heard the X1 , i own the X3 and galaxy s3...The sound of S6 is horrible compared to X3 ans even S3...The X1 is close to S6 but it is entry level.And that is the sound of S6.Entry level even listen to eat with Yuin even with victor -jvc even with Grado even with Senheizer...Boring sound with disturbing highs....Please dont deny all of these..

I found my notes. Using IE80 with a great custom cable.  Test song: Nightwish, White Night Fantasy 0:50-1:25
Copy-pasting:
    * Voice, "a" in "lies", last word:
        * X5: "a" sounds like a string, like one note
        * S6: it has some texture of a voice and some variation to the end
    * Drums:
        * X5: decay not audible
        * S6: decay is clearly there when you listen
    * BG keyboard, possibly biggest difference:
        * X5: cannot hear it, completely lost due to big bass, easy to confuse with some background noise
        * S6: keyboard is clearly heard as part of music.

I was surprised myself to rate S6 that high. Doesn't look realistic, I know. Possible explanations:
- X3/X5 amp is likely much more powerful. Maybe you used headphones that require more power.
- Maybe I was not listening to the music as a whole, only on some fragments. Dunno.

May 11, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #205 of 228
Has any one compared this to HTC 10? some has posted this link that shows S6 is better then HTC 10 
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/test-centre/mobile-phone/best-audio-phone-2016-uk-whats-best-phone-for-music-lg-g5-htc-10-3633585/#s7-internal

Jul 15, 2016 at 7:01 AM Post #207 of 228
I have tested the audio This is a lie the galaxy s6 and s6 edge overall audio is no where close to Sonys Xperia smartphones sony phes have the best audio quality in smartphones with tons of audio settings if you are looking for a smartphone with the best headphone quality I recommend Sony

Jul 16, 2016 at 6:45 AM Post #208 of 228
IME Sony have some of the worst audio in cellphones, relying on DSP trickery to convince you they are better than they are, but YMMV.

Jul 16, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #210 of 228
calm down Mr Samsung fanboy Sony has got the best audio in a smartphone test it out for your self and dont lie to people because ur a fanboy..
What?

One, I'm using an LG now, and even if you go by my out of date signature, you'll see I was using a dragonfly as a DAC, and secondly, I have a Z5 premium, and it is at very best sub-par...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back