Samsung Galaxy S Thread
Dec 3, 2011 at 8:54 AM Post #151 of 203
cool, thanks, I will check it out.  Voodoo is my weekend project.

Dec 3, 2011 at 10:30 PM Post #155 of 203
Usually, nightly status doesn't mean unstable. There might be a couple of kinks but often actually more works than the stable/RC versions. Good example a while back was with the Droid 1, where the RC (stable, I think RC4) actually had less working than nightly...38 I think it was.

Dec 3, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #156 of 203

Quote:
Usually, nightly status doesn't mean unstable. There might be a couple of kinks but often actually more works than the stable/RC versions. Good example a while back was with the Droid 1, where the RC (stable, I think RC4) actually had less working than nightly...38 I think it was.

But wouldn't that be due to the fact that nightlies (I looked it up a bit) actually just add missing functions, like bluetooth or HSPA functionality? In that case, rather than saying that nightlies are unstable, they're missing several components? Sorry about my use of the word "unstable", I was kinda drowsy while I typed that out, so I just used the first word that came to mind 
biggrin.gif

With the current nightly build of CM7 for the i9k, how would you say it rates on a scale of 1-10 for all-round daily use? 

Thanks!

Dec 7, 2011 at 1:57 AM Post #158 of 203
Couple of things:

Front facing camera
SD card has some issue (works fine but has some problem of not being able to format)
Video recording

few apps are incompatible with ice cream sandwich.

Not really deal breakers for me. Pros are very fluid, Smooth interface, longer battery than cm7. Cool task manager, revamped menu.

Its still beta but it has become my daily ROM as it has everything I need with speed and longer battery than cm7

Try it out

Dec 19, 2011 at 7:09 AM Post #159 of 203
Okay, i've read around the confusing forums and know what to do to flash/root the galaxy s.

I'm just stuck on deciding between cm7.1 , darky 10.2.2 final OR gingerbread 2.3.5

I want top performance when it comes to calling- i'm in a nasty part of middle london. I mean no freezez, no random stops starts. And top performance when it comes to wifi strength. Also full battery is nice (rules out cm7.1?)

I also want voodoo sound AND color. Can I get voodoo color for any of these operating systems???

Dec 19, 2011 at 9:21 AM Post #160 of 203
Just upgraded to the SGS2, and very happy with it. Any recommended custom roms/apps for it?

Dec 19, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #162 of 203

Quote:
Couple of things:
Front facing camera
SD card has some issue (works fine but has some problem of not being able to format)
Video recording
few apps are incompatible with ice cream sandwich.
Not really deal breakers for me. Pros are very fluid, Smooth interface, longer battery than cm7. Cool task manager, revamped menu.
Its still beta but it has become my daily ROM as it has everything I need with speed and longer battery than cm7
Try it out

You folks sure are lucky. Us D2G users don't even have our data issue sorted out with ICS yet. GSM init switch is working, and I think the cpu issue here has been resolved. (process named init forces it to be ramped at max constantly). There's probably a bunch of libs and stuff that has to be created from scratch.

Dec 19, 2011 at 3:52 PM Post #163 of 203
I've come from a nokia n8. Used for around 4/5 months intensively. Never Ever crashed. No. Not once.

My sister uses android 2.3.4 and its a similar story. I doubt that the darky one will not crash. Or am I wrong?

And plus, is there a huge performance releated increase if youre coming from stock rom + voodoo kernel to darky 10.2.2

Jan 11, 2012 at 7:37 AM Post #165 of 203
I'm new here and this is my first post.

I'm currently using a Voodoo'd Google Nexus S (i9020t) with Android 4.0.3 ICS + Matr1x kernel 13.5 and loving it.
It shares the same WM8994 DAC as the Samsung Galaxy S.
So theoretically, SQ-wise, it should sound the same as a Voodoo'd Samsung Galaxy S?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back