Samsung Galaxy S III Audio Quality?
Jul 18, 2012 at 4:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Lan647

1000+ Head-Fier
Impressions on this? How does it compare to the iPhone 4 (which is fantastic sounding, easily the best portable source component I've ever heard and better than many full-size systems you'll find in stores)? 

Thanks!

Jul 19, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #2 of 8
Not sure about iPhone, but compared to iPod, its pretty good. Very clean, and good soundstage.

Jul 19, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:
Good enough to make some HD25s or DT 1350s shine?

May root it to get Voodoo sound but never tried root before...

I tried it with HD239.
If the HD25 is in the same impedance/sensitivity range, then should be ok. I almost hit the max volume though.
But it was plenty loud with IEMs.

Jul 19, 2012 at 9:11 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:
Impressions on this? How does it compare to the iPhone 4 (which is fantastic sounding, easily the best portable source component I've ever heard and better than many full-size systems you'll find in stores)? 

Thanks!

I wrote my thoughts about comparison to the 4S here: http://www.androidnz.net/2012/07/galaxy-s-iii-real-user-review-part-2.html

To my ear I think the 4S still has a significant advantage, but once Supercurio finally releases Voodoo Sound who knows how much better the S3 might sound.

I use my E7 with the S3 anyways, and have a HeadAmp Pico coming to me that I will use, so stock sound may not be that relevant to you depending on your needs and equipment!

Jul 20, 2012 at 4:47 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

I wrote my thoughts about comparison to the 4S here: http://www.androidnz.net/2012/07/galaxy-s-iii-real-user-review-part-2.html

To my ear I think the 4S still has a significant advantage, but once Supercurio finally releases Voodoo Sound who knows how much better the S3 might sound.

I use my E7 with the S3 anyways, and have a HeadAmp Pico coming to me that I will use, so stock sound may not be that relevant to you depending on your needs and equipment!

I pretty much concur with your assesment.

When Voodoo is released we'll see...but i'm afraid that stereo crosstalk (which is iPhone biggest advantage) is very hardware related thus Supercurio won't be able to close the 20 decibels gap that currently separates both devices crosstalk performance.

Jul 20, 2012 at 7:28 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:
Good review!
May get voodoosound but do you have to change things on the phone then?

You do have to Root your S3, but that is straightforward enough and can be undone for warranty purposes. Check the blog, we have guides for Root and returning to stock too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back