Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Sound Quality
Feb 28, 2015 at 8:06 PM Post #361 of 756
Sorry, I was really confused for a second - I thought America had the Exynos version.

Correct me if this is wrong:

SM-N910F - Europe 
= Exynos

SM-N910G - Australia
= Snapdragon

SM-N910W8 - North America
= Snapdragon

Feb 28, 2015 at 8:20 PM Post #362 of 756
  From what I understand that the user did do quite a bit of tests regarding the Snapdragon version. I remember one user describing it as bloated and a bunch of other negative things. However, I do not agree with such take as I enjoy the Note 4 more so than I did with the iPhone 5s. That being said, I am debating on spending another chunk of my money on a dedicated DAP and being done with the mess that is smartphone audio quality. Seeing as I hate to have more wires than I need to, I definitely don't want to connect an external DAC or AMP to my phone. 

Coming in late on this thread, I am novice and a Note 4 fanboy.

With that said, I have two external headphone amps..they are listed in my sig. Also, as you know, the Note 4 supports aptx, and I make sure any headphones I have support aptx.. With that said, I be pushing flac files through my Note 4, with a 128gb sd card. My gym headphones are my Harman Kardon BTs, because they clamp well. My main headphones are my Sony MDR 1RBT MK2. And let me tell you, not using the amps, going bluetooth, and playing flac files off my Note 4, the sound coming out my Sony Mk2 is awesome. Sure, the SQ jumps up more when wired and into one of the amps, but IMO, I really don't need the amps. So, my portable amp is just around for bragging rights, and when I am home I used the 02..

To sum up, IMO, one just needs a Note 4, flac files, apt x supporting headphones, and IMO, they be on a roll.  :)

Mar 1, 2015 at 3:49 AM Post #363 of 756
  Sorry, I was really confused for a second - I thought America had the Exynos version.

Correct me if this is wrong:

SM-N910F - Europe 
= Exynos

SM-N910G - Australia
= Snapdragon

= Snapdragon

Incomplete list:
http://www.amongtech.com/all-galaxy-note-4-model-numbers-explained/
http://www.galaxynote4manual.com/samsung-galaxy-note-4-model-numbers-explained-region/

Mar 1, 2015 at 5:42 AM Post #364 of 756
SM-N910F for Europe
SM-N910K/SM-N910L/SM-N910S for Korea
SM-N910C - Asia, Europe, South America
SM-N910FD - United Arab Emirates
SM-N910FQ - Turkey
SM-N910H - Asia-Pacific
SM-N910G - Singapore, India, Australia
SM-N910U - Hong Kong, Taiwan, Australia, New Zealand, Chile

Mar 1, 2015 at 5:46 AM Post #365 of 756

Incomplete list:
http://www.amongtech.com/all-galaxy-note-4-model-numbers-explained/
http://www.galaxynote4manual.com/samsung-galaxy-note-4-model-numbers-explained-region/

thanks for the links, 

They both strangely seem incorrect. They both state that Australia has the SM-N910U Exynos.

Australia has the SM-N910G Snapdragon - I know this as I own one!

Mar 1, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #366 of 756

thanks for the links, 

They both strangely seem incorrect. They both state that Australia has the SM-N910U Exynos.

Australia has the SM-N910G Snapdragon - I know this as I own one!

Can't seem to find post release lists, I believe 910U was planned for AU but it does not support TDD-LTE, which telstra plans to roll out this year? That's I think is why there was a delay at launch.

Mar 2, 2015 at 1:29 AM Post #368 of 756
Damn, i actually held back to wait for the announcement of S6 and M9 because note 4 is somehow too big for someone who's planning to switch from a 4 inch screen iP like me, but with exynos chip, no micro sd, non removable battery and lower battery capacity, damn.

Mar 2, 2015 at 1:41 AM Post #369 of 756
Damn, i actually held back to wait for the announcement of S6 and M9 because note 4 is somehow too big for someone who's planning to switch from a 4 inch screen iP like me, but with exynos chip, no micro sd, non removable battery and lower battery capacity, damn.

You will get used to the screen after a while. I would go with the M9 because the HTC has made the M series to have good audio.

Mar 2, 2015 at 2:16 AM Post #370 of 756

Yeah i remember thinking thank christ i went with the note four.

Still the S6 is a lovely looking device especially the edge, but those two caveats are a killer for me.

The htc will have lovely audio, my past phone was the M7 that with a viper rom and you're laughing.

Mar 3, 2015 at 7:17 PM Post #371 of 756
Dag, I thought this thread was about the SOUND QUALITY of the Samsung Galaxy Note 4.

I guess I was wrong.
[/B ]:D

Mar 3, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #372 of 756
Dag, I thought this thread was about the SOUND QUALITY of the Samsung Galaxy Note 4.

I guess I was wrong.
[/B ]:D

What do you you mean? We have already described out thoughts on such topic. Some are curious if it's actually any good, which IMO it is.

Mar 4, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #374 of 756

I gave it a good run today with my IEMs, I am now a huge fan of the Note 4 natively. I will no longer use an external DAC for it, as I don't believe it needs one.

I have a Note 3 Snapdragon and the USB OTG Dragonfly didn't improve sound quality for me either. I returned it and I just use headphones natively with Viper 4 Android (software DAC) to taylor it the way I want it to sound.

Mar 4, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #375 of 756
Okay, so we are discussing sound quality with the Note 4. :D I mentioned that playing FLAC files through my Note 4 and be connected bluetooth with either set of my headphones I get great SQ as both of my headphones support APTX, like my Note 4. The SQ is awesome.

The point i was making is that the Note 4 or any other device can only play the level of SQ as only the highest level the data/source being fed in will allow. Now I feed my race motorcycle 100+ octane gas and I surely get better performance than street gas. I didn't read all the thread, but what i did read I never saw any mentioned of that.

BTW, I be novice to just getting into headphones and only bluetooth ones at that. Also wired, and connected to one my hp amps, and playing hi res audio/flac files the SQ goes up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back