Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (24-bit/192KHz)
Oct 14, 2013 at 12:59 AM Post #136 of 726
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, yet Samsung purposefully crippled the Note 3 from playing high rez files. The guy who developed the audio software/back-end had it all set for 192/24 and other rates,yet Samsung nixed it in the production model to output much less. This is why on tests on production models you can't even... In the end Samsung the company decided the higher rez output used too much battery and some other processing items. Sorry, not my fault. Please don't blame the messenger. If you have a pre-production version with 'original' software/programming NEVER update it, as doing so will 'cripple' the audio in the unit according to my VERY reliable source.

Oct 14, 2013 at 3:32 AM Post #137 of 726
Yesterday i tried at a showroom the Note 3 and an S4 Active and much to my suprises the output power of the S4 was higher than that of the Note 3.

Has anybody tried to compare the Note 3 output power with the S4, iPhone 4S or Note 2?

Oct 14, 2013 at 6:18 AM Post #138 of 726
  Hate to be the bearer of bad news, yet Samsung purposefully crippled the Note 3 from playing high rez files. The guy who developed the audio software/back-end had it all set for 192/24 and other rates,yet Samsung nixed it in the production model to output much less. This is why on tests on production models you can't even... In the end Samsung the company decided the higher rez output used too much battery and some other processing items. Sorry, not my fault. Please don't blame the messenger. If you have a pre-production version with 'original' software/programming NEVER update it, as doing so will 'cripple' the audio in the unit according to my VERY reliable source.

Whether or not that is bad news or merely indifferent depends on whether you even buy that 24-bit offers any benefit to begin with...

Oct 14, 2013 at 7:51 AM Post #139 of 726

Well .... we need a solution from xda dev. Don t worry.

Oct 14, 2013 at 7:54 AM Post #140 of 726
Yes, I LOVE XDA and once we root/boot loader the device anything is possible
etysmile.gif

Oct 14, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #141 of 726
Well, not anything. You can't make noisy DAC hardware sound clean, can't mask shielding design flaws, can't .......

There is an easy hack to turn volume volume way high Wolfson models; not sure about Qualcomm ones.

Oct 14, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #143 of 726
I am receiving my t-mobile USA sd800 note 3 tomorrow, I hope the low volume output isn't a big let down for me :frowning2:, I really don't want to return it and wait for the Sony Z1.

Oct 15, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #150 of 726
SM-N9000
Yamaha YMU831

SM-N9005
Qualcomm WCD9320

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, yet Samsung purposefully crippled the Note 3 from playing high rez files. The guy who developed the audio software/back-end had it all set for 192/24 and other rates,yet Samsung nixed it in the production model to output much less. This is why on tests on production models you can't even... In the end Samsung the company decided the higher rez output used too much battery and some other processing items. Sorry, not my fault. Please don't blame the messenger. If you have a pre-production version with 'original' software/programming NEVER update it, as doing so will 'cripple' the audio in the unit according to my VERY reliable source.

Source?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back