Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (24-bit/192KHz)
Oct 13, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #125 of 726
Neutron player really is neat, so many options and enhancements. How does one sort their music by name though? It seems when I select "Songs" in the menu to get to my selection, it adds a number to each file randomly and I have to remember that number to quickly find which track I want unless I use the search function. Do I need to make a playlist first? 

Oct 13, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #126 of 726
nz note 3 vs 808 hp out quality ? Im using 808 and its the best ive ever heard

I haven't compared, but agree the 808 HP out is wonderful. Hopefully get a proper chance to listen today.

I just received my Note 3. I'm using triple fi 10s with it. This is the 900v version (Verizon). With the stock player that Samsung gives you, the sound is just okay but with Neutron player the sound is absolutely awesome! It blows my iPhone 4s away. What a difference in clarity, seperation and depth. I'm so glad I got the Note 3. I used it on a 5k run yesterday inside a Tunebelt armband AB 89 (fits perfect) and in a Seidio Surface case (fabulous investments). I'm listening to 24 bit/92 kbs music mostly including Seal 1 & 2. It's as if I'm listening to this for the first time due to the nuances and detail I'm now hearing. The Neutron player is amazing but as many have said, has a confusing UK but after a while, I think I've got the hang of it. By the way, Head-Fi.org is terrific and so is this forum.Other sound impressions from any one? NOTE 3 vs iPhone 5s vs LG G1?

Can you post a picture of your Note in the Seidio Surface? Thinking about getting one myself.

Oct 13, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #127 of 726
I'll take a picture tomorrow. I'm very satisfied with the belt clip holster and how sleek the case is. Was worried about the Galaxy note 3 being large on my belt but that is definitely not the case. It's quite comfortable and easy to manage. I ran a second 5k today and using my Triple Fi 10s and I'm still blown away by the SQ of the Note 3 with Neutron player. The difference in sound is so much better than my iPhone 4s. I'm so glad I made the switch to Android.

Oct 13, 2013 at 6:45 PM Post #128 of 726
  I'll take a picture tomorrow. I'm very satisfied with the belt clip holster and how sleek the case is. Was worried about the Galaxy note 3 being large on my belt but that is definitely not the case. It's quite comfortable and easy to manage. I ran a second 5k today and using my Triple Fi 10s and I'm still blown away by the SQ of the Note 3 with Neutron player. The difference in sound is so much better than my iPhone 4s. I'm so glad I made the switch to Android.

Awesome, thanks.

If you've no complaints with the SQ then there is a lot to love about coming to Android.

Oct 13, 2013 at 9:11 PM Post #129 of 726
  The difference in sound is so much better than my iPhone 4s. I'm so glad I made the switch to Android.

Can you describe in what way the sound is better? I'm considering making the switch from a 4S also. But I found the 4S output to be pretty good for a portable device. Not too confident in qualcomm dac or its implementation
confused_face.gif

Oct 13, 2013 at 9:57 PM Post #131 of 726
I can't remember if there had been comparisons between the Snapdragon 800 + Qualcomm Note 3 vs the Exynos + Wolfson Note 3.

From what I remember, I think there was a post (no time to look through the thread for now) comparing both models and that the user liked the S800 variant more than the Wolfson. It's unfortunate that the Wolfson variant is so hard to get in North America as all carriers stock the Snapdragon variant.

I really want to try out either of the Note 3 variants to see what the fuss is about. Reading this thread makes me regret my Note 2 purchase which was entirely audio focused.

Oct 13, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #132 of 726
I can't remember if there had been comparisons between the Snapdragon 800 + Qualcomm Note 3 vs the Exynos + Wolfson Note 3.

From what I remember, I think there was a post (no time to look through the thread for now) comparing both models and that the user liked the S800 variant more than the Wolfson. It's unfortunate that the Wolfson variant is so hard to get in North America as all carriers stock the Snapdragon variant.

Its also unfortunate that the wolfson variant does not have LTE.

Oct 13, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #133 of 726

I really want to try out either of the Note 3 variants to see what the fuss is about. Reading this thread makes me regret my Note 2 purchase which was entirely audio focused.

I don't believe any of the Note 3 variants have a Wolfson DAC. Or it hasn't been confirmed. IIRC the s800 and the n9005 (LTE) has the Qualcomm or at least the Qualcomm DAC 'drivers' are installed. The N900 (dual quad core) uses a Yamaha? The GS4 Dual QUAD Core variant has a Wolfson DAC.

EDIT

Oct 13, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #134 of 726

I don't believe any of the Note 3 variants have a Wolfson DAC. Or it hasn't been confirmed. IIRC the s800 and the n9005 (LTE) has the Qualcomm or at least the Qualcomm DAC 'drivers' are installed. The N900 (dual quad core) uses a Yamaha? The GS4 Dual Core variant has a Wolfson DAC.

Correct, in fact the Exynos Note 3 has a Yamaha DAC (confirmed by Supercurio from a user-submitted Voodoo Report).

Oct 14, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #135 of 726
Yamaha? That's very disappointing. I remember Samsung had a deal with Wolfson to use their DACs.

On the other hand, good on Qualcomm for having better audio than last years Note 2.

Now I'm wondering how it compares to a Wolfson S4, but I wouldn't trade my Note 2 for an S4 so oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back