Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (24-bit/192KHz)
May 4, 2014 at 5:58 AM Post #631 of 726
Has anyone had any experience with US Triplefi 10vi or UE900 with the mic and controls cable on the Note 3? I reading mixed reports on if the controls work or not on Samsung phones.

I have the ue900 and can confirm that ,with the stock player, the play button is fully functional but the volume buttons are not. You can get apps that allow you to remap button presses for volume control though I must admit I have always found them too fiddly to bother with.

May 7, 2014 at 4:54 PM Post #632 of 726
I have the ue900 and can confirm that ,with the stock player, the play button is fully functional but the volume buttons are not. You can get apps that allow you to remap button presses for volume control though I must admit I have always found them too fiddly to bother with.

This. The volume controls on any idevice things wont work. The center button for pause/play/skip forward/skip back/answer calls will work but the volume wont. This goes for any android phone. Windows Phone supposedly supports volume control.

May 7, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #633 of 726
This. The volume controls on any idevice things wont work. The center button for pause/play/skip forward/skip back/answer calls will work but the volume wont. This goes for any android phone. Windows Phone supposedly supports volume control.

You can also set the note 3 to voice controls music player which allows you to change volume but again I found it too faffy. The volume buttons on the side of the note three are easily locatable even whilst still inside the back pocket of my jeans which is the easiest way imo to address the odd quiet track or two in my collection.

May 8, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #634 of 726
Just wanted to show off my new UE 900s' (yes 900s - the new version) I'm not use to the over-the-ear style of iems and I will admit that learning how to get these babies properly seated is a bit frustrating but I'm starting to get the hang of it. Contemplating getting a pair of Grado GR-10's to try out and which ever I like more stays :)
I'm still waiting on my FiiO E18 to show up hopefully today. And I'm still trying to decide on which player to use also to root or not.

May 10, 2014 at 1:53 AM Post #635 of 726
Has anyone tried the Beyerdynamic Tesla T1's straight into this phone yet? I had a chance to check those headphones out today, but I spent too much time listening to them through a usb dac that I forgot to test how they sounded directly out of this phone. If course I'm also curious how they might sound being pushed through an E18.

May 10, 2014 at 2:00 AM Post #636 of 726
Has anyone tried the Beyerdynamic Tesla T1's straight into this phone yet? I had a chance to check those headphones out today, but I spent too much time listening to them through a usb dac that I forgot to test how they sounded directly out of this phone. If course I'm also curious how they might sound being pushed through an E18.

I never tried my T1 out of the headphone out of the Note 3. It'll be rubbish, I can tell you that much without having heard it. My T5p sound pretty bad out of the HP out as compared to a USB DAC/amp.

May 10, 2014 at 3:58 AM Post #637 of 726
my Note 3 (N9005) still surprises me - I struggled to find a replacement phone that would sound anywhere near as good as my Iphone 4

but I'm loving the Note 3 - in some areas (sound-stage) perhaps not as good as my Iphone - but overall to my surprise I still prefer the Headphone out on the Note 3 to my Iphone 4, Ipad 3 and Ipad4

the bass seems tight, and the upper frequencies sound smooth and very listenable to

I'm compared all 3 with my Sennheiser PX200-IIs, and JVC HAS-400 (fantastic headphones for the money) - must try my IEMs yet

before I got the Note 3 I was certain I was going to get a Fiio E17 or E18 - but its been good enough out of the box that I've not felt the need yet - but I think I still will - just hope it will sound even better !

May 11, 2014 at 6:00 PM Post #639 of 726
Just wanted to show off my new UE 900s' (yes 900s - the new version) I'm not use to the over-the-ear style of iems and I will admit that learning how to get these babies properly seated is a bit frustrating but I'm starting to get the hang of it. Contemplating getting a pair of Grado GR-10's to try out and which ever I like more stays :)
I'm still waiting on my FiiO E18 to show up hopefully today. And I'm still trying to decide on which player to use also to root or not.

Give them time, I upgraded from the tf10's and must admit I was a bit underwhelmed at first. However, a couple of months down the line I love the ue900's straight out of my Note 3. Through the e11 they're even better so the e18 is the next item on my wish list. Would be good if you could post some feedback on the Note 3, e18, ue900s combo when you receive it. Also, do you have any comparisons between the ue900 and ue900s? Or did you get the new model first?
Cheers

May 11, 2014 at 6:08 PM Post #640 of 726
I don't have any comparisons between the ue900 and the ue900s, sorry. I've actually already posted the ue900s' in the for sale forum. I've decided that iems just aren't for me. I'm going to tied myself over with a pair of Grado SR225i's until I can afford to get the PS500's and the Beyerdynamic T1's. If you are interested in the ue900s, I am selling them for what I paid for them a week ago. 

May 12, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #641 of 726
Gentlemen, based on your hel full advices, I am now willing to use a Note3 instead of a DAP as the source for my HUGO.

Despite your help, one of my previous question remain for me unansered;

How to re-asign some of the Note3's physical butons to create physical  Play/pause and Skip/next  Physical controls ?  Is there for this a ROM, patch or utility software ? 

Since I am a non technical guy, could someone, STEP BY STEP explain me how (if it is possible) to do it ?

Indeed, the last drawback of the Note3 versus a real DAP is the fact that only touch screen operation is available for this (not very convenient in a pocket or when the screen is OFF)

Thank in advance

May 12, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #642 of 726
So I got my FiiO E18 this morning. I've decided not to use the rubber bands to attach it to the phone. Instead I put the 6 rubber feet on the bottom of the E18 and will be doing some Velcro strips on the E18 and the Otterbox case. So for the moment, since they are all I have with me to check out, I am using my UE900s' to check out how the E18 performs. Interestingly enough I found a flaw/bug but I'm trying to figure out where the fault lies.

So I've been sort of A/B testing between the headphone out jack on the Note 3 vs the E18. I have been mostly using Poweramp v1.66 (free version) as my main music player at the moment. I found that if while Poweramp is running, and I unplug my headphones from the headphone jack of the Note 3 and then plug in the E18 via the USB OTG, the music starts to stutter. So I figured I would unplug the E18 and see if the problem with the stutter is in the E18. NOPE, Poweramp continues stuttering through the external speaker on the phone and the headphone jack. At first I thought it was just a Poweramp issue, so I tried the same process in BlackPlayer (Free edition) and got the same result.

I'm running the stock rom on my Note3 (unrooted). I'm still in the process of finding the right player before I buy one.

May 12, 2014 at 6:48 PM Post #643 of 726
MrFaust,

That generally means there is a problem initialising the USB... Do you close PowerAmp when [dis]connecting the E18? if not - give that a try :)

May 12, 2014 at 10:37 PM Post #644 of 726
MrFaust,

That generally means there is a problem initialising the USB... Do you close PowerAmp when [dis]connecting the E18? if not - give that a try
smily_headphones1.gif

You know, I should have known better :p

Now listing to it some more with my Astro A40 gaming headset since my Grado SR225i's aren't here yet. It doesn't look like I'm going to have much luck right now with picking up a pair of HF-1's again. Which I guess is ok. I'm keeping the SR225i's until I get a pair of PS500, which by the way sound F'n Awesome simply lined out of the Note 3. I'm curious to hear them through the E18. And then to find out how well the E18 can push the Beyerdynamic T1's. 
gs1000.gif

May 17, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #645 of 726
Got a sound problem with my new Sennheiser IE80 for my Note 3, if anyone could help me out :frowning2:

After having only used those standard samsung J5 headphones that came with my galaxy note 3 phone (unrooted), I've finally bought my first expensive IEM in hopes to spoil myself - the Sennheiser IE80, from an authorized dealer for $320. But after these first days of burn-in I must say I'm kind of torn whether they are even worth the high price.

On the first listen I immediately heard the bigger soundstage which I ofcourse like but I'm pretty dissapointed with the lack of bass (even tuned to the highest and I can't hear any difference) but perhaps this can be fixed with a better seal. But then there's the worst thing that's a deal breaker for me, I've started to hear a white/static noise on every calm track, especially on orchestral music, which I'm hoping you other users can help me solve whether these are infact defected or not. I just can't listen to any of my soundtracks with this noise, so if this can't be fixed then I'm forced to return these headphones.

I'm not an audiophile so perhaps I've missed something, but here are some of my thoughts and questions:
1. All my tracks are mostly 320kbps mp3s and some flac, so it's not that the files lack quality or anything.
2. Are expensive IEMs really so clear that you can hear the white noise even more compared to cheaper IEMS? Before these headphones I never realised the noise on my cheaper ones.
3. The white noise is heard no matter what source I use: galaxy note 3 (stock/winamp/google players), my PC, my brother's PC and his iphone.
4. The bass is good if I put pressure on the earbuds to my eardrums, but without that pressure they sound too distant. (even tuned to highest and still can't hear any bass difference)
5. The isolation sucks because when cars drive by I can't hear the music on highest volume, even with finger pressure,
6. After having tried all tips, I settled with the normal sized tips that the IEMs already came installed with.
7. I'm not 100% sure yet, but the noise seems to be increased the higher the bass is tuned, although the noise is still a problem at lowest tuning.
8. Perhaps the noise is a sign of defect? Or cord related?
9. Perhaps these are even fake? I bought them from an authorized seller, but the package didn't come with a QR code so I can't really check the product's authenticity on sennheiser's website.

I can post pictures of the package and the headphones if anyone can help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back