Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (24-bit/192KHz)
Jul 7, 2014 at 9:40 PM Post #661 of 726
You sound like you didn't turn boomsound off because that is exactly how it sounds with it on. Turn if off and it sounds really good. Even better headphone out through a c5d. The USB out is mono though for some reason. I haven't updated my phone yet. Am waiting for the 4.4.4 update before I do.

Aug 11, 2014 at 12:52 AM Post #662 of 726
Hey thread. Is there a tutorial on how to get the best sound out of one's android phone?   My headphones sound amazing and dynamic on my wife's Iphone 4S, but sound muddy on my Samsung Note-3.   Is this due to hardware limits of my Note-3? Or are there settings that I need to set?

The headphones in question are the LCD-XC which should be easily driven. My Fischer Audio OldSkool’70’s sound really amazing on my Note-3 though; I highly suggest this pairing of the Note and Fischer OldSkools.

Currently planning on getting on of the Astell mp3 players. They should be more powerful than my Note-3? right?

Aug 30, 2014 at 12:20 AM Post #664 of 726
Anyone know of a way to increase the analog output of the Note 3? With the amount of bass I EQ to I'm getting clipping and the Note 3 doesn't exactly drive my PortaPros as well as I want. So I'm hoping someone can find a way to increase the gain on the headphone output, which you could do on the Note II and apparently other similar Snapdragon-based devices.

Aug 30, 2014 at 12:46 AM Post #665 of 726
Anyone know of a way to increase the analog output of the Note 3? With the amount of bass I EQ to I'm getting clipping and the Note 3 doesn't exactly drive my PortaPros as well as I want. So I'm hoping someone can find a way to increase the gain on the headphone output, which you could do on the Note II and apparently other similar Snapdragon-based devices.
there was a volume boost hack that could be applied to rooted phones back in October when the Note 3 landed. It was on xda. I'd check there.
Personally, I use the Note 3 internal system only for iems when mowing etc for ultra portable and high movement activities only. Otherwise, I have it hooked to an HRT microstreamer when walking to work or something similar, and to a hifi-m8 when stationary at work or home.

Aug 30, 2014 at 12:48 AM Post #666 of 726
there was a volume boost hack that could be applied to rooted phones back in October when the Note 3 landed. It was on xda. I'd check there.
Personally, I use the Note 3 internal system only for iems when mowing etc for ultra portable and high movement activities only. Otherwise, I have it hooked to an HRT microstreamer when walking to work or something similar, and to a hifi-m8 when stationary at work or home.

Yeah there's a boost like that for KitKat as well but unfortunatly all it seems to do is increase the digital volume which just causes more clipping for me.

Aug 30, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #669 of 726
Eh that's
Eh I really couldn't roll with that. My Note 3 is already bulky enough with my ZeroLemon battery.
oh wow. I was excited for that battery, then I thought of its brickiness, and stayed stock and got wireless chargers everywhere. House, car, work. Now I rarely drop below 70-80%. I am rarely away from a charger for more than a few hours tho...
If I remember, I'll snap some pics tomorrow of my various setups and how they are still somewhat portable.

Sep 6, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #670 of 726
Just wanted to show off my new UE 900s' (yes 900s - the new version) I'm not use to the over-the-ear style of iems and I will admit that learning how to get these babies properly seated is a bit frustrating but I'm starting to get the hang of it. Contemplating getting a pair of Grado GR-10's to try out and which ever I like more stays :)
I'm still waiting on my FiiO E18 to show up hopefully today. And I'm still trying to decide on which player to use also to root or not.

I use the e18 with my Note 3 and find the combination a match made in heaven. The UE900 also play very well with this combination. I find bass presence and seperation of instruments greatly increased using this set up.

Sep 16, 2014 at 6:09 PM Post #671 of 726
Got some akg k702's arriving tomorrow and my note3 is stock.

I'm assuming they won't be much good without an amp, what would you recommend? Will a fiio E18 suffice?

I'm using rocketplayer at the moment, would you recommend poweramp or something in its stead?

Sep 16, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #672 of 726
Got some akg k702's arriving tomorrow and my note3 is stock.

I'm assuming they won't be much good without an amp, what would you recommend? Will a fiio E18 suffice?

I'm using rocketplayer at the moment, would you recommend poweramp or something in its stead?
I rooted and put JasmineRom on mine. Great stable rom and had viper4android on it. Allows so much customization it is unreal. That is what I recommend. Phone warranties are lame in my opinion, so why not break the warranty and use the full potential of your equipment you paid for!
I used to have an e18 and it was solid. Although the straight out cable left much to be desired in terms of durable portability.

Sep 20, 2014 at 6:01 AM Post #673 of 726
Can someone please confirm if FiiO E07k works out of the box (ie for Spotify etc) in full stereo etc (I read before the otg out is mono????)

failing that if it works without issue if rooted as likely will do and install viper4android

Sep 24, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #675 of 726
I have a rooted note III that I have been using as a music player (errr... phone....) for the past several months coming from an iPhone 5 and I could not be happier. I am using USB Audio Player Pro with a Meridian Explorer and a pair of Sennheiser IE800's and this setup is pretty close to my audio nirvana sitting in my office all day :) It could be widely known, but the addition of a powered USB hub was a neccessity for me since the Meridian chewed the battery life of my NoteIII very quickly. Since I have added the hub, I can listen all day without problem. The hub also allows me to plug in a 2tb drive filled with my flac collection.

Okay... enough bragging about how much I love this setup and back to work lol.

dgcrane

Users who are viewing this thread

Back