Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (24-bit/192KHz)
Sep 24, 2014 at 9:27 AM Post #676 of 726
I have a rooted note III that I have been using as a music player (errr... phone....) for the past several months coming from an iPhone 5 and I could not be happier. I am using USB Audio Player Pro with a Meridian Explorer and a pair of Sennheiser IE800's and this setup is pretty close to my audio nirvana sitting in my office all day
smily_headphones1.gif
It could be widely known, but the addition of a powered USB hub was a neccessity for me since the Meridian chewed the battery life of my NoteIII very quickly. Since I have added the hub, I can listen all day without problem. The hub also allows me to plug in a 2tb drive filled with my flac collection.

Okay... enough bragging about how much I love this setup and back to work lol.

dgcrane

consider getting a wireless charging back plate or insert for your note 3. i have that for mine, and i use my phone to usb otg out to my HiFi-M8 all day at work, and when i leave, my phone is at 100%.

In fact, since I've gotten my Qi charger insert and bought a few Qi chargers throughout my home and at my desk at work, I rarely see my phone go below 50%. This also affords me the ability to leave all my syncing options on, as well as GPS and brightness at auto or full brightness depending on the situation. I even use my wifi hotspot (unlimited data which i am grateful for) for my home streaming of netflix, etc. The wireless charging takes the "how is my battery life?" thought out of the equation!

Sep 24, 2014 at 10:51 AM Post #678 of 726
Damn I hate ebay... but I just ordered a couple of Qi chargers
smily_headphones1.gif

make sure u have a qi receiver on your phone. Retail Note 3's come with Qi compatibility, but it is not installed factory.

mine looks like this and was around $10. The NFC is now hit or miss, despite it saying it works. NFC has just been a pain for me anyways, so i dont mind. http://www.amazon.com/DigiYes%C2%AE-Standard-Wireless-Charger-Receiver/dp/B00GV0Q78M/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1411570217&sr=8-5&keywords=note+3+qi+charger

Oct 1, 2014 at 7:24 AM Post #680 of 726
Has anyone tried to use a modi DAC with the Note3 ?

I'm trying to look for infos about such a setup.

I've used the modified dac. I bought it for use in my cat to feed my phone straight into my sound processor. Unfortunately, it only worked with UAPP, and not generically with the entire android system.

In that scenario I was using Hyperdrive rom on my Verizon note 3. Since then, I've put JasmineRom 2.3 on my phone, and while I don't have a Modi anymore, jasminerom works generically across android with my CEntrance HiFi-m8 just fine, and also in UAPP.

Oct 1, 2014 at 7:35 AM Post #682 of 726
Whats is the connection accessories you need out of the Note3 to possibly connect it to a modi ?

Just a simple USB3 to USB cable ?
a usb otg cable. One end is a micro usb tip (2.0 or 3.0 it doesn't matter. Note 3 and any usb 3.0 device is backwards compatible with usb 2.0 connectors) and the other side is a female usb a port (the port always seen on computers). Then use whatever usb cable you had to hook your modi to your pc.

Oct 1, 2014 at 7:41 AM Post #683 of 726

Here you can see the microusb OTG cable (micro-b to female a) and then a regular usb a to usb b cable used to connect my HiFi-m8. Also, on a side note, that is a stock note 3 I connected, and Google music (a regular android sound driver app) worked fine! Very surprised!

Oct 1, 2014 at 3:00 PM Post #684 of 726
  So I received my M8 last week, and not to my surprise, it only works with UAPP on my android, so I've ordered a FiiO E17 for its optical output to feed my M8 from my phone for ALL android audio. What I need now is a mini 3.5mm to toslink optical cable that is short for portable use. Thoughts anyone? I'm not interested in dropping a lot of money into it. Maybe $30-40 if it looks nice and would be ergonomically beneficial. Any recommendations would be appreciated! Thanks!

Quote:
 Also, on a side note, that is a stock note 3 I connected, and Google music (a regular android sound driver app) worked fine! Very surprised!

New version of Android?
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back