Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (24-bit/192KHz)
Oct 2, 2014 at 6:54 AM Post #691 of 726
not a new version, but a modified version with a different audio driver with amazing audiophile caliber dsp controls, Viper4Android. Visit XDA-developers to learn more on that if you are interested.

Got it for OTG. Just ordered mine.

BTW, good stuff you mentionned Viper. I actually use it right now, and I was wondering if it was still possible to use this along with USB Audio player.
From the looks of it, it seems OK.

I have a custom rooted ROM for my Note3, if that is any matter.

Oct 15, 2014 at 12:52 AM Post #693 of 726
Will be getting the wolfson note 4 this weekend. Will be sharing how it sounds like with a xba h3 and jbc fxt90. The note 3 currently with the snapdragon DAC and v4a is mindblowing. Hope its the same with the note 4 and wm5110!!!

Oct 17, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #694 of 726
looking forward to your impressions, can't wait to get the Note 4.

I can confirm that the New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 works with Fiio Andes with OTG cable with stock music player. However when the display turns off the sound is heavily interrupted when playin flacs. Works well when playin from bandcamp.. Samsung Galaxy Note 4 works very well with FIIO Andes Dac with UAPP using 200ms buffer.

Oct 21, 2014 at 3:21 AM Post #695 of 726
Note 3 - rooted with towelroot - works great with Fiio E17 & Beyerdynamic T-70. The Note's jack-in didn't work well with the Beyerdynamic plug. With the little DAC from Fiio it works as a charm.

I also bought a ROCKI+ .... Note 3 should be able to stream music to my sound system (NOTE >>>> ROCKI+ >>> OPTICAL >>>> RECEIVER IN) and listen at the same time with headphones. Sort of a MOBILE DJ SET :D

My OTG is a split cable : MINI male usb 2.0 TO female full USB & male full USB. The Fiio E17 plug into the female USB. Maybe I can hook up a POWER SOURCE to the male full USB ???

Nov 22, 2014 at 6:55 AM Post #697 of 726
What's the general consensus for an audio player for the Note 3 playing over USB? Is USB Audio Player Pro better for this than Poweramp?
I'm looking to add an E07K for my HD25-1 ii as the Verizon Note 3 headphone out is very meh.

Jan 29, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #698 of 726
My note 3 has a very poor audio quality through stock headphones. Flat sound, regardless audio quality (spotify extreme quality or Poweramp playing bitperfect 390kbps rips).
I have once successfully installed Cyanogenmod equalizer, however not it fails equalizing again. Probably I should reset the phone.
In the meanwhile I read many people facing this poor quality audio playìback through the headphones.
I thought this community may help.
Any suggestion?

Jan 29, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #699 of 726
My note 3 has a very poor audio quality through stock headphones. Flat sound, regardless audio quality (spotify extreme quality or Poweramp playing bitperfect 390kbps rips).
I have once successfully installed Cyanogenmod equalizer, however not it fails equalizing again. Probably I should reset the phone.
In the meanwhile I read many people facing this poor quality audio playìback through the headphones.
Any suggestion?
I installed a custom rom with Viper4Android (V4A). It has amazing amounts of customization features. In fact, I plan to ditch my $1300 dac/amp setup in favor of the stock output.

Jan 29, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #704 of 726
Any suggestion?

I like the flat frequency response, it means as a source it doesn't add any unwanted colour to the signal chain when using with dacs and amps etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back