SAmsung galaxy note 2
Oct 17, 2012 at 12:45 PM Post #47 of 471
Sounds incredible to me. And for some reason I prefer to use the Note 2 DAC rather than bother with USB OTG cables and use the built in Leckerton DAC.
Wysyłane z mojego GT-N7100 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

Why don't you use the uha-6s mkii's dac with the note 2? Is it because it is inconvenient to connect to with the usb cable and all, or is it because the DAC on the note 2 is better than the cirrus dac on the leckerton?

Oct 17, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #48 of 471
Quote:
how do u rate note 2 hp out compared to n8 or 808 nz mate

Hard to answer, don't have an 808 anymore, so can only compare based on my impressions (which, given how short-lived audio impressions are is a notoriously unreliable way to really compare). I expect on a volume-matched test the Note 2 would do just fine, but there will still be the same volume output disparity there was with the iPhone 4 in that blind test.

Oct 25, 2012 at 3:43 AM Post #50 of 471
Quote:
Could you tell me what connection you are using on your Leckerton - is it the usb or the coaxial cable? - I want to play 24/96 music which isn't possible through the usb

People are connecting via USB.

Oct 27, 2012 at 5:54 AM Post #52 of 471
My Westone UM1s hiss when there is no sound and during low volume sounds/music. Should i buy a cheap USB DAC or will an impedance adapter to get rid of the hiss?

I think that's the usual Android audio engine hiss. I'm yet to hear an Android smartphone with a background as pitch black as the iPhone one.

That said i found bearable the Note 2 hiss (Even with my sensitive UM3x)

Anyway since it's a headphone out amp management issue i think that through USB you'll get rid of it.

You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother

Oct 27, 2012 at 10:02 AM Post #53 of 471
I think that's the usual Android audio engine hiss. I'm yet to hear an Android smartphone with a background as pitch black as the iPhone one.
That said i found bearable the Note 2 hiss (Even with my sensitive UM3x)
Anyway since it's a headphone out amp management issue i think that through USB you'll get rid of it.
You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother

Well the thing is that if I plug in my sennheiser hd595 or pxc 450 there is no hiss at all and it is very nice playing piano and orchestral tracks. So maybe its not the android engine? Plugging in my um1s to my home reciver I also get the same amount of noise. Its an onkyo only about 3 yrs old but don't.remember the model.

Oct 27, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #54 of 471
[quote name="mercatorn" url="/t/625054/samsung-galaxy-note-2/45#post_8815057"][quote name="elfary" url="/t/625054/samsung-galaxy-note-2/45#post_8814784"] I think that's the usual Android audio engine hiss. I'm yet to hear an Android smartphone with a background as pitch black as the iPhone one. That said i found bearable the Note 2 hiss (Even with my sensitive UM3x) Anyway since it's a headphone out amp management issue i think that through USB you'll get rid of it. You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother[/quote] Well the thing is that if I plug in my sennheiser hd595 or pxc 450 there is no hiss at all and it is very nice playing piano and orchestral tracks. So maybe its not the android engine? Plugging in my um1s to my home reciver I also get the same amount of noise. Its an onkyo only about 3 yrs old but don't.remember the model.[/quote] I think that the hiss is always there. Just that with the Westone's sensivity is higher and the driver is embedded to your inner ear. Somehow the iPhone manages to be pitch black even with very sensitive in ears monitors. Which is quite a technical accomplishment in my book and one of the reasons that explain my love for my iPhone 4S headphone out. On the ideviceYou can't even almost hear the capacitor clicking when discharging after shutting down the amp while on Android handsets it's loud and clear. But as i stated the Note 2 headphone out is as good as it gets for an Android (Aside from output power which is average). You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother

Oct 28, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #55 of 471
Thought Note 2 owners might like to see this, get an idea of some things to do with their Note 2s :)

Long video, so be sure to use the time-stamped navigation links in the video description to get around (USB audio ~14minutes in).

Oct 29, 2012 at 5:26 AM Post #56 of 471
Reporting back here for people having similar problems. I went to the pro audio shop and tried a couple dacs. While they did eliminate the noise. Its not worth paying nearly 100 to eliminate noise. I tried a resistance adapter and it worked perfectly. Zero noise and just 6 dollars. While I was there I plugged the um3x into my note 2 and it also had noise. So the adapter is necessary for it also. Interestingly the triple fi 10s had no noise without the adapter.

Oct 29, 2012 at 6:31 AM Post #57 of 471
Quote:
Reporting back here for people having similar problems. I went to the pro audio shop and tried a couple dacs. While they did eliminate the noise. Its not worth paying nearly 100 to eliminate noise. I tried a resistance adapter and it worked perfectly. Zero noise and just 6 dollars. While I was there I plugged the um3x into my note 2 and it also had noise. So the adapter is necessary for it also. Interestingly the triple fi 10s had no noise without the adapter.

But a resistance adapter will skew the intended frequency response of the transducers so i won't take that path. It acts like an increased output impedance.

This higher noise floor (compared to the iPhone 4S one) is holding me back for the moment even if it's not an awful amount of noise like on the international One X.

Nov 8, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #58 of 471
Not sure if it was mentioned but is it possible to just get an audio line out via the usb and amp it?  From what I've been reading, it may not be worth having a separate DAC altogether with the Note II.

Nov 9, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #59 of 471
Not sure if it was mentioned but is it possible to just get an audio line out via the usb and amp it?  From what I've been reading, it may not be worth having a separate DAC altogether with the Note II.

That would be great. It's a more portable path, cheaper and it would render great sound.

Nov 11, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #60 of 471
Gentlemen, 

Can someone confirm that RaySamuel's  new INTRUDER  DAC/AMP is working OK with a stock (non modified kernel) Note 2 through USB ?   What exact cable is needed ?

Also, since SAMSUNG is now manufacturing 128 Go memory chips for phone, does anyone has infos/rumors about a 128 Go Note 2 ? 

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back