SAmsung galaxy note 2
Jan 9, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #166 of 471
Quote:
is it right that the notes volume control still works even with a dac and amp connected? if thats the case how can it be bypassing the notes own amp?

Lots of DACs allow the playback device to also handle volume (and even EQ in some cases), depends on how they are set up.

Jan 10, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #169 of 471
tx. yes i have a compatible amp and dac. My  confusion is that im looking for pure digital audio out of the note but it sounds like the notes amp is not being bypassed and will limit the sound quality of the system as a whole even with my seperate amp and dac. I was hoping this would be an alternative to the dx100 but im wondering about that now.
If the notes amp is still affecting volume levels through the seperate dac and amp then the sound signal cant be bypassing the notes amp. or am i wrong there? and if the amp is not bypassed how can one tell if the dac is being bypassed?

Jan 10, 2013 at 10:48 AM Post #170 of 471
My  confusion is that im looking for pure digital audio out of the note but it sounds like the notes amp is not being bypassed and will limit the sound quality of the system as a whole even with my seperate amp and dac.

The volume is being adjusted digitally, just as on a computer that allows volume adjustment when sending digital audio to a separate DAC/amp.

Jan 10, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #171 of 471
Hi everyone,
I see there is no micro USB to micro USB OTG cable in the market currently,
(well, I do see one but it is out of stock)
and it is quite inconvenience to use 2 cables.
Anyone has any nice idea?

Jan 10, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #173 of 471
Quote:
The measurements are better than the International S3, even though it uses the same DAC (just like last years Note 1 had better output with the same DAC). Presumption is that it is better implemented, possibly as a result of the extra size of the device - less contraints of best placement/RF shielding etc. It's volume output is marginally increased over the S3, and it's output impedance improved also (around 2ohm if memory serves). The Note 2 is the best Android phone available at present for anyone who can handle the size, I have no doubt about it (and I've basically owned them all or had review units of them). In fact, providing one can handle the size I think the Note 2 is straight up the best smartphone available right now.

Wow, have been searching/waiting for a low output impedance android device for months :D
Is it really around 2ohm o.o? Or 2,9 :p?  Dont want beo too nitpicky but might as well go with the Meizu MX then. =)

Jan 10, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #175 of 471
Quote:
That's mini usb. My Dac is using micro.
But thanks anyways.

The Hakshop one works, I think they have sold out presently, but you could get them to put you on a wait list I guess.

Jan 10, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #177 of 471
That's mini usb. My Dac is using micro.
But thanks anyways.

Search for "USB Micro OTG" on Amazon, and you'll find some USB Micro Male to USB A Female adapters that you can use your existing DAC USB cable with. I was thinking about trying this one because it's listed for the Galaxy SIII.

Jan 11, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #178 of 471
Quote:

The Hakshop one works, I think they have sold out presently, but you could get them to put you on a wait list I guess.

Right before it is sold out, I sent an email to them as they didn't provide shipping to my place,
but it seems they are all busy in the CES, I have received nothing by now. Still, good to hear that it works. Thanks
Quote:
Search for "USB Micro OTG" on Amazon, and you'll find some USB Micro Male to USB A Female adapters that you can use your existing DAC USB cable with. I was thinking about trying this one because it's listed for the Galaxy SIII.

They would all work (probably).
Pick the cheapest one will be fine.
But putting 2 cables together is not a good idea, which I have tried before.
the plugs are huge and it looks strange when you take it out.
Sometimes they even separate themselves
confused_face.gif

Just my 2cents

Jan 11, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #179 of 471
If your handy you could do one yourself. Just need some spare usb cables

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/10x-Angle-USB-Male-plug-Connector-Micro-5pin-Cover-/180695860094?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a1250037e#ht_2373wt_906

microusbplug_zps5922c3ac.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back