SAmsung galaxy note 2
Jan 12, 2013 at 11:50 AM Post #181 of 471
The Dac amp that support I device and android like Samsung S3 and note 2 is

Ventura craft go dap x with many option to upgrade their op amp

My.Latest go dap x with upgrade OPA LME 49860

Go dap x LME 49860 is the best Dac amp for my note 2

http://venturecraft.jp/gadget_en/

Jan 14, 2013 at 3:56 AM Post #182 of 471
Anyone know of anyone selling/making short(preferably angled) OTG micro USB to USB B (large squareish connector often used with printers etc.) cables?

I have a Centrance Hifi-M8 on preorder and using my old printer cable with the OTG adapter is not pretty 
duggehsmile.png

Jan 15, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #184 of 471
So.. someone from our local Hifi-Community told me that his modell has 4,3Ohm output impedance(bought from London).
Korean ones are supposed to have between 1,0 and output impedance... This is seriously disappointing.

Jan 16, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #185 of 471
Is there a good LOD out there?  That was what I was using for my iphone....although my old ipod mini actually sounds better with the LOD than the iphone, presumably due to the Wolfson chip in the old ipod minis.  I heard the Note 2 has a good processor, but I am not hearing great sound quality out of the earphone jack.  Decent, but not great.  My Headstage usb DAC sounds weird off of the Note 2, perhaps due to lack of USB power.  I am not going to get up a rig to power the dang USB, just not worth it...but a LOD + my portable amp would be great.  I know there is a LOD from the Note 2 charging base but that is not exactly portable either.  

Jan 16, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #187 of 471
Quote:
I don't think the Note 2 has the LOD capability of the iPhone/iPod. It's either use the digital out from the USB or the output from the headphone amp.

The desktop dock has a line out on it.  That said, maybe the desktop dock has it's own dac built in.  Not sure.

Jan 16, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #189 of 471
Quote:
The Dac amp that support I device and android like Samsung S3 and note 2 is

Ventura craft go dap x with many option to upgrade their op amp

My.Latest go dap x with upgrade OPA LME 49860

Go dap x LME 49860 is the best Dac amp for my note 2

http://venturecraft.jp/gadget_en/

Wow... really?

They are ripping off V-Moda completely.
The one on the site looks like the VAMP, and the one you posted looks exactly like the new Verza coming out...

That said, how is the sound?

Jan 17, 2013 at 3:42 AM Post #192 of 471
I believe it is not exactly the same product. VModa used the Venturecraft as a base and tweaked it. That is my understanding but I could be wrong as it has been a while since I looked into it.

Jan 17, 2013 at 4:15 AM Post #193 of 471
The latest ventura go dap x , you can pair directly with micro to micro usb cable . Not like their product go dap x first batch you must use via
OTG on the go adapter for pair with your samsung galaxy note 2.

Jan 17, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #195 of 471
Quote:
$450 is a lot for this considering the multitude of options from iBasso etc.

True, I guess it is what you are looking for.

They offer two versions, both with different DAC's. The black one offering more of a bass boost, and the red offering more of a balanced signature.
I just want a great portable amp I can power my S3 with, that will sound better than the Wolfson chip in there. I don't have an issue with the volume, as my M-100's power loud enough (maybe in some classical, they could be louder), but I just want the best sound I can get, and a nice balanced sound with better quality, and more mid hump.

I've noticed for example (and this is on topic), that the output from the S3 (wolfson), which is also in the Note 2, has a better headphone out than the Creative X-FI does, when connected through Optical to the Logitech Z-5500, which is usually how I connect my sources to the PC.
I will have to try directly connecting the set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back