Samsung galaxy nexus
Jan 6, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #61 of 249

Quote:
What did you mean by line-out thru headphone amps?  You mean you can get line-out level signal from Galaxy Nexus into a headphone amp?  How?  And is it possible in Galaxy S II LTE too??

Hi anson5, welcome to head-fi forum.    Just scroll back few posts and you will see the USB audio support discussion.   It is supposedly plan for android 4.0 build.  cheers.

Jan 9, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #62 of 249
Well i flashed 4.0.3 yesterday, plugged in my E7 and again nothing.

However in settings there is now an audio dock menu, quite how this will work im not sure.

Not sure why it's not picking up the dac, has to be a lacking a driver somewhere.

Jan 10, 2012 at 9:32 AM Post #64 of 249
anyone have success in tweaking the sound effects in the nexus? The '3d effect' complelety ruins the soundstage, and the 'bass boost' completely ruins the bass. I suppose the EQ can be used for small tweaks in that scope.

Jan 10, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #65 of 249

Quote:
anyone have success in tweaking the sound effects in the nexus? The '3d effect' complelety ruins the soundstage, and the 'bass boost' completely ruins the bass. I suppose the EQ can be used for small tweaks in that scope.

I disabled the internal player and it's effects engine in settings->apps.  Run poweramp it sounds better and has cross feed.

Jan 11, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #67 of 249

Quote:

I disabled the internal player and it's effects engine in settings->apps.  Run poweramp it sounds better and has cross feed.

you mean the "MusicFX" in the all apps section?

Quote:
+1.  Poweramp sounds really good on Nexus.

x2, got it last night-  it sure sounds better,  thanks!

Jan 11, 2012 at 3:38 PM Post #68 of 249

Quote:

you mean the "MusicFX" in the all apps section?

x2, got it last night-  it sure sounds better,  thanks!

Yes, MusicFX is the 3d, bass boost crap.  Disable both the player and MusicFX.

Poweramp: Don't forget to add a touch of Stereo X cross bleed, does wonders to give the headphones a little more of actual speakers feel.

Jan 13, 2012 at 7:22 PM Post #71 of 249

Quote:
How easy is iSyncr to use?  I couldn't get a good sense from the product page if I can just automatically sync like it does with my iPad.

iSyncr will recognise your music library in your iTunes when you connect via USB.  you can then tick the playlists and select what you want to syn.   I use a lot of iTunes' Genius playlist and so it saves me the trouble to create one manually.    when you update your playlist in iTunes, it will automatically syn the songs.     

Jan 13, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #72 of 249
iSyncr will recognise your music library in your iTunes when you connect via USB.  you can then tick the playlists and select what you want to syn.   I use a lot of iTunes' Genius playlist and so it saves me the trouble to create one manually.    when you update your playlist in iTunes, it will automatically syn the songs.     

You can also get the wifi add on and it syncs whenever you are in your house :)

Jan 17, 2012 at 9:32 AM Post #73 of 249
Is it possible thru iSyncr to sync back to iTunes the files statistics ?

I usually set the playlists to skip recently listened albums.

Jan 18, 2012 at 10:41 AM Post #75 of 249
I just did a quick comparison of my gnex with poweramp vs my ipod 3rd gen;

I feel as if the nexus is a bit darker and more laid back sounding then my ipod, imo the ipod had brighter mids and highs and it took a bit of EQ'ing on my nexus to get that brightness back in my FX700's (esp since the jvc's mids are not as forward to begin with)

anyone else have both they can compare to? I'm almost enjoying my ipod for listening to music more enjoyable than the nexus... as i'm not a huge fan of EQ'ing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back