Same old Schiit? Um, no. Welcome to Asgard 2!
Feb 11, 2013 at 7:40 AM Post #61 of 351
Quote:
Would like some Asgard2 vs Lyr impressions before making the plunge
smily_headphones1.gif

I was just about to pull the trigger on a Lyr purchase (mainly so I can hook up some desktop speakers as well as the headphones), now it's a period of waiting to see some reviews on this. Not sure I want to dive straight into tubes with my first amp, so this'll probably be the new purchase anyway!

Feb 11, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #62 of 351
how does the Asgard 2 pair with the HE-500?

Feb 11, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #65 of 351
Feb 11, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #67 of 351
Hours of searching for a new amp just got really simple.  Hello Asgard 2.  Back to scouring Head-Fi. This time for a dac...maybe I can convince myself I need a bifrost 
size]

Feb 12, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #69 of 351
Quote:
I will have this combo and will be happy to put it through the paces.  I'll compare the HD600s driven by the Asgard 1 and 2 for you!

Also wondering if Asgard 2 runs hotter, just as hot, or cooler than Asgard 1

Feb 12, 2013 at 3:43 AM Post #70 of 351
Hi Jason, I have happy to see the upgrade. However I have mixed feeling as my Asgard is only a few month old.

But seriously, I am wondering whether the new Asgard will drive K701 and Denon headphones better? If it is, I will consider upgrading. I am hesitated buying a tube amp.

Great Work on the new Asgard!

Feb 12, 2013 at 5:43 AM Post #71 of 351
Quote:
Also wondering if Asgard 2 runs hotter, just as hot, or cooler than Asgard 1

http://schiit.com/schiit-faq/about-asgard-2/

So, this thing runs damn hot, like Asgard?
If by “damn hot” you mean 40-45 degrees C, then yes.     (104-113 Fahrenheit)

And you’re not concerned with that?
Nope. The entire chassis is a heat sink, and we’re running the outputs well within their safe operating area, even derating for the operational temperature. Sorry, some engineerese crept in there.

But it still runs hot!
And technically, that’s still not a question. If you want an amp that runs cold, it’s best to look elsewhere.

Feb 12, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #72 of 351
Quote:
http://schiit.com/schiit-faq/about-asgard-2/

So, this thing runs damn hot, like Asgard?
If by “damn hot” you mean 40-45 degrees C, then yes.     (104-113 Fahrenheit)

And you’re not concerned with that?
Nope. The entire chassis is a heat sink, and we’re running the outputs well within their safe operating area, even derating for the operational temperature. Sorry, some engineerese crept in there.

But it still runs hot!
And technically, that’s still not a question. If you want an amp that runs cold, it’s best to look elsewhere.

Yes, does that mean that Asgard 1 ran @ 40-45°C? or more or less? that's what I meant.  Is the operating temperature of the Asgard 1 posted somewhere that I'm not aware of?

Feb 12, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #74 of 351
I'm actually contemplating a concero dac, asgard 2 for my bedside/secondary rig for the denon/fostex set up, until the schiit statement stuff comes out. Jason personally told me the asgard 2 is "a significant SQ difference from the original, and sounds frighteningly like a Mjolnir." Having the Mjolnir and seeing what it did for the LCD's, I'm really intrigued. I will immediately tell if there is a SQ difference, I used the original asgard for a year and a half nearly every night before bed, just sold it last week. I really would love an amp that is agressive like the Mjolnir for my denon/fostex headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back