Same old Schiit? Um, no. Welcome to Asgard 2!
Feb 14, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #91 of 351
Judging by power specs, it looks like it's more comfortable with middle to high impedance headphones than current hungry ones.

Feb 14, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #92 of 351
Quote:
Does anyone have any experience with the HE-500 and the Asgard?

Does it drive them sufficiently, i.e. nothing feels lacking.

The Asgard is a good amp, but it's also a $250 amp.  There are superior products as you spend more money that work even better with the HE 500.

Feb 14, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #93 of 351
Anybody got a tracking # yet? 
size]

Feb 15, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #95 of 351
Quote:
I haven't received anything yet. No shipping notice or anything. I ordered last Wednesday right before the Asgard 2 was discovered to exist.

Quote:
Anybody got a tracking # yet? 
size]

Nothing here either (I ordered on Jan 16th BTW).  Did get some emails saying it should be shipped soon though (in response to some questions I had).

Feb 15, 2013 at 7:02 PM Post #96 of 351
Had to send Jason an email. What can I say...I have no patience. He says...shipping out today or Monday. 
size]

I would assume Monday then since it's so late today. 

Feb 15, 2013 at 7:13 PM Post #97 of 351
Yea. I placed my order for the Asgard 1 on the 24th of January. I wonder how many will go out on the first run.

Amazon has most certainly made waiting...the hardest part.

Feb 15, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #100 of 351
Now waiting for tracking number so that I can exercise the f5 a little. 
size]
 This is my third f5 key since joining headfi. 
size]

Feb 15, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #101 of 351
If any of you who have these amps coming have LCD-3s, please post a review ASAP.  I've been thinking (too much) about getting a Mjolnir, but I've been one of those guys who thinks the amp is the least important part of the chain, except for the cables, so I haven't been able to convince myself to spend $750 plus shipping.  But I might be able to convince myself to spend $250 plus shipping if Asgard 2 can really drive the LCDs almost as well as the Mjolnir can. 

Thanks in advance for the time you will spend typing when you could just be listening...

Feb 15, 2013 at 11:56 PM Post #102 of 351
I might buy the asgard 2 for my denon/fostex headphones, but if I get it I'll let you know how the LCD's sound with the Asgard 2. I have to disagree with you tho, IMO amps are pretty important with high end headphones. The difference between the mjolnir and lyr for LCD's is pretty drastic. And the original asgard compared to the Mjolnir for the LCD's was laughable. But the new asgard 2 is supposed to be completely different, Jason personally told me its like a mini Mjolnir, so don't give your hopes up.

Feb 16, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #104 of 351
That's money wasted, if you ask me.  I cannot hear the difference between a $2 cable and a $200 cable.  I buy cables based on their sturdiness, so I usually pay about $10 for interconnects.  

Quote:
Lol Gary, money should be emphasized in equipment. Cables the least. I'd suggest 10 percent of the equipment costs

Feb 16, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #105 of 351
Quote:
That's money wasted, if you ask me.  I cannot hear the difference between a $2 cable and a $200 cable.  I buy cables based on their sturdiness, so I usually pay about $10 for interconnects.  

Expectation Bias is real.  It can be measured has been documented.  The real debate is over whether or not people can actually hear the effects of expectation bias.  This is a hot debate.

tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back