Same ol' question: Recommend a Headphone for me! **Sorry**
Jan 31, 2011 at 2:23 PM Post #17 of 20

Quote:
I'd recommend the Fischer Audio FA-003s, as they sound really open for a pair of closed cans.

Ok bleho, seriously dude....just threw a wrench into my plan.  I have never heard of Fisher Audio (noob) but after some searching on this forum, these can's have everything that I'm looking for.  Not as bassy as the DT 770's but sound more "open".  What to do now?? 

I'm a photographer and in the photography world there's a term that we use called "Lens Lust" and I've been afflicted and spend a lot of money on lenses.  After joining this forum for one day.....I'm already developing "CAN LUST" if there's such a thing around here.....or "CAN CRAVING".  Now I don't know what to do here.

Ok so how about this.....let's forget the budget of $200.  I'm planning on using these cans for a long time and I want to enjoy what I get for years to come.  So let's say I absolutely need an amp, then I'll bite the bullet and get one.....and if I don't really need one with the Fischer Audio FA-003 and that's a better choice then let that be it.

I don't wanna fall prey to "CAN LUST"....please help me!!! Haha.

Jan 31, 2011 at 5:07 PM Post #18 of 20
They would probably still benefit from an amp, but at 64 Ohms they will be much easier to drive with an iPod than the 250 Ohm Beyer's.  You could also grab a FiiO E7 which would probably compliment them nicely, and use the bass boost feature if you ever wanted to add some more punch to the low end.

Jan 31, 2011 at 5:27 PM Post #19 of 20

Quote:
.I'm already developing "CAN LUST" if there's such a thing around here.....or "CAN CRAVING".  Now I don't know what to do here.

I don't wanna fall prey to "CAN LUST"....please help me!!! Haha.

That's what she said 
wink_face.gif

In all seriousness, the FA-003s sound pretty good for your needs (and mine) and I think you might need a decent amp for that.

Jan 31, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #20 of 20

Quote:
They would probably still benefit from an amp, but at 64 Ohms they will be much easier to drive with an iPod than the 250 Ohm Beyer's.  You could also grab a FiiO E7 which would probably compliment them nicely, and use the bass boost feature if you ever wanted to add some more punch to the low end.

you know what....I'll stop being so indecisive and just go for the DT 770!  The Fischer Audio FA-003 sounds really nice but I think I'll go with the DT 770 due to the extra bass that it can provide and the construction seems more sturdy.  Hurray!!!

What's the best place to buy these bad boys?  I'm in Canada and thinking of buying from B&H?  Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back