Saddest day of my life - Cosmo, the kitty in my avatar, passed away yesterday...(pics - 56k warning)
Jan 25, 2010 at 12:52 AM Post #31 of 51
Having lost a pet too once....I'm truly sorry for your loss. The emptiness in the house will become a 'new normal' eventually.

But don't bottle things in, and try and be 'strong' and not bawl your eyes when you need to. Be good to yourself; this is a ****ty time. And don't beat yourself up for anything!

Jan 25, 2010 at 3:55 AM Post #33 of 51
Sorry about your family's loss!

Most of my friends found great relief in adopting a new pet after the passing of their previous one. It took a little while for them to get used to it, but they've opened their arms to embracing that new family member.

Jan 25, 2010 at 4:01 AM Post #34 of 51
My condolences. I know how hard it is to lose a pet
frown.gif

Jan 25, 2010 at 8:13 AM Post #35 of 51
I hate these threads. I always cry when I read them (and I never cry!)

Jan 25, 2010 at 9:28 AM Post #36 of 51
Lots of sympathy - we love our pets and we understand how you must be feeling

You can shed tears that he is gone
or you can smile because he has lived.

You can close your eyes and pray that he’ll come
back
or you can open your eyes and see all he’s left.

Your heart can be empty because you can’t see
him
or you can be full of the love you shared.

You can turn your back on tomorrow and live
yesterday
or you can be happy for tomorrow because of
yesterday.

You can remember him and only that he’s gone
or you can cherish his memory and let it live on.

You can cry and close your mind,
be empty and turn your back
or you can do what he’d want:

smile, open your eyes,

love and go on.

Jan 25, 2010 at 6:38 PM Post #38 of 51
What a nice looking cat. I am very sorry.
frown.gif

Jan 25, 2010 at 8:24 PM Post #41 of 51
Very sorry for your loss. Cosmo was a beautiful cat.
I adore cats too. I love their character. In my experience, the best way to smooth the pain, is to adopt a new one. It might take some time, but soon, all the love you want to give and can't anymore, will find it's way...

My last cat Hermes took the place of my most favorite cat I called "my brother" Chionis (or Xeones) who died after he was bitten by a snake. He was in severe pain, and I had to "put him to sleep" my self. I was in pain for a long time, but eventually thanks to Hermes, all that was left was love...

Jan 25, 2010 at 9:43 PM Post #42 of 51
I too am extremely sorry about your loss! Cosmo was a gorgeous cat. I'm a recently converted cat person for about 2 years now. My wife and I have two, both are rescues, and a lump appears in my throat when I think of the day when one/both will be gone. It has been comforting to know that they both are only a little over 2 years, but with Cosmo going at 5...Not so comforting. Oh there's that lump again.

Again, So sorry for your loss!

Jan 26, 2010 at 7:10 AM Post #43 of 51
really pretty cat...

i lost my childhood pet earlier this year... sucks.

Jan 26, 2010 at 8:49 AM Post #44 of 51
That's awful, I'm so sorry about your kitty. You lost a member of your family and it's awfully tough.

I'm a huge cat lover, too. And I've lost more than a few over the years. The last one to go about three years ago was very difficult. She was mostly
an inside cat and stalked me around the house. All it took to get her on my lap was to sit down. That was invitation enough.

Anyhow, sorry to hear it. At least he had a loving home and everything a cat could want. Give some extra attention to your other kitties - they're probably feeling a little blue right now, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back