SACD II to be Announced in September
Nov 8, 2003 at 9:35 PM Post #76 of 85
That is too hard...haha, didn't see that there
biggrin.gif

Nov 9, 2003 at 1:51 AM Post #78 of 85
Quote:

No wonder everyone is unloading their SACD players.

Where? Are they ditching their SACDPs because there is no SACD2 and they are pissed that they'll never get to see still frame shots of their favorite artists on their TVs?
tongue.gif

confused.gif

Nov 9, 2003 at 3:32 AM Post #82 of 85
what the bloody hell?

Looks like my collection will hit a peak at 30 SACDs. Mabye I'm just better off playing the violin.

Cheers,
Geek

Nov 9, 2003 at 2:22 PM Post #84 of 85
Man, we audiophiles must be the most paranoid, pessimistic bunch on the planet. There is no SACD2, there probably was no SACD2, and there isn't going to be an SACD2 anytime in the near future. I checked again over at audioasylum in the SACD forum, they all said it was "dead", "it was all just a rumor", or "it never existed".

Also, as I tried to point out again and again in this thread, we have NO EVIDENCE that EVEN IF SACD2 did exist, that it would be incompatible with current SACD. If you think about it, that would be suicide for the format and totally inconceivable. Sony didn't get to be the world's largest audio company by being a bunch of morons.

Sheesh.
rolleyes.gif

(P.S. I knew I should have taken bets on this one, but I thought it would be crass. I could have made a nice little bundle though!
wink.gif
)

Mark

Nov 9, 2003 at 4:55 PM Post #85 of 85
Quote:

Originally posted by markl
Sony didn't get to be the world's largest audio company by being a bunch of morons.

How do you account for the NetMD?

PS: Matsushi-ta (Panasonic) is, according to some accounts (such as total revenue), larger than Sony. [Normally, the name of the company is written without a dash, but that causes this forum's software to view the company's name as an obscene word.]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back