SACD II to be Announced in September
Sep 5, 2003 at 3:00 PM Post #62 of 85
Did not see anything. And IFA in Berlin is over as well... I really care about this, as I am not putting down any money for a new source unless there is clarification on the standard.

Sep 5, 2003 at 3:24 PM Post #63 of 85
Digiphiles screwed over by the large Japanese corporations yet again. Big suprise there.

I'll bet krell is pretty pissed of since they just released the SACD standard which they put a ****load of R&D into.

Ah well... maybe this means i'll get a cheap SCD-1 on audiogon.

Sep 5, 2003 at 3:25 PM Post #64 of 85
SACD II...I didn't knew that
confused.gif

I think i gonna treasure my MFSL gold CDs even more
600smile.gif

Sep 5, 2003 at 7:56 PM Post #65 of 85
Quote:

Originally posted by TimSchirmer

I'll bet krell is pretty pissed of since they just released the SACD standard which they put a ****load of R&D into.

The SACD Standard has SACD2 support built into it.

Sep 17, 2003 at 5:44 PM Post #67 of 85
I just ordered a long time "want", a Musical Fidelity A3.24 DAC for upsampling standard red-book CD's to 24 bit. That with a couple of cheapie Sony SACD players (NSV500 and NS755) in the house means I think I can JUST hold on till the idiots figure out how to milk us out of the maximum dollar.
Anybody had any experience with the MF DAC? It got a glowing review in Stereophile and I am really looking forward to it.
John

Sep 18, 2003 at 12:19 AM Post #68 of 85
They are probably waiting until DEC 7 to announce it so it hurts more.
eek.gif

Oct 9, 2003 at 7:20 PM Post #70 of 85
So here we are on Oct. 9, still no SACD 2, sky hasn't fallen. Feeling pretty smug.
600smile.gif

Oct 10, 2003 at 12:08 AM Post #71 of 85
Maybe they meant September 2004? J/K...

Nov 8, 2003 at 9:14 PM Post #73 of 85
Quote:

Originally posted by TimSchirmer
Digiphiles screwed over by the large Japanese corporations yet again. Big suprise there.

A delayed (or non-existent) SACD is not so bad -- first, the idea of adding video to SACD discs (a la DVD-A) is just painful. And also, SACD marketing is confusing enough without adding even more to the mix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back