S.M.S.L SU-9 DAC has dropped at SHENZHENAUDIO store timely, with ES9038PRO chip and MQA supported
Jan 6, 2021 at 8:41 PM Post #61 of 162
Looks like my wireworld Starlight USB cable is stuck inside SU-9. It's almost as if there are spring latches inside the female end of the USB port, as there is no way I can extract the cable. Man this SUCKS, how hard is it to source a quality standard USB jack, at the least.
Does anyone know of a USB release tool? I think I am done with SMSL products lol.
It's strange to see that some issues are popping up with the USB port. The only cable I had feel kinda stuck was the stock cable. I tried two audioquest cables and a few other standard USB B cables with no issues. Fingers crossed you get that cable out without damage.

Jan 6, 2021 at 8:53 PM Post #62 of 162
It's strange to see that some issues are popping up with the USB port. The only cable I had feel kinda stuck was the stock cable. I tried two audioquest cables and a few other standard USB B cables with no issues. Fingers crossed you get that cable out without damage.

I gave up trying to remove it, as I didn't want to risk it breaking the port. If I can't find a tool, it will just stay there forever.

Jan 7, 2021 at 12:14 AM Post #63 of 162
I gave up trying to remove it, as I didn't want to risk it breaking the port. If I can't find a tool, it will just stay there forever.
My optical cable was difficult to remove when I first got it, still not "easy" to extract. I take needle nose pliers and lever it against the edge of the unit enclosure, bit by bit, until it gets past the "notch" in the plug. Careful patience, don't jerk, will break. I don't take it out unless I have to though.

Jan 7, 2021 at 10:46 AM Post #64 of 162
Looks like my wireworld Starlight USB cable is stuck inside SU-9. It's almost as if there are spring latches inside the female end of the USB port, as there is no way I can extract the cable. Man this SUCKS, how hard is it to source a quality standard USB jack, at the least.
Does anyone know of a USB release tool? I think I am done with SMSL products lol.
Same brand for the USB cable, you are right this is bad especially because mine is just 50cm long :frowning2: , which is a problem with positioning. Probably, if you pull hard the cable will get out of the socket as mine did, but I totally understand your reason to not doing that

Jan 7, 2021 at 4:34 PM Post #65 of 162
Same brand for the USB cable, you are right this is bad especially because mine is just 50cm long :frowning2: , which is a problem with positioning. Probably, if you pull hard the cable will get out of the socket as mine did, but I totally understand your reason to not doing that

Yeah my cable is 2M, so it will be connected forever lol. No way I am pulling any harder to remove it. I hope SMSL looks into this issue, moving forward

Feb 1, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #68 of 162
Is the sound quality from this DAC at least as good as anything out there at the moment? I'm looking to upgrade my Topping D50 and need a mid-priced MQA DAC.

It's better than the D50, in build quality, noise background, preamp output voltage, display quality, and off "memory" its a better sounding unit. If that's worth the extra coin, ummm debatable. Under $500, it's a great option over anything else on the market right now.

Feb 3, 2021 at 10:17 AM Post #69 of 162
Does anyone else have any issues getting past 384hz in PCM mode with the SU9?

Feb 3, 2021 at 10:40 AM Post #71 of 162
Screenshot 2021-02-03 103924.png

Yes, in Asio mode its stuck at 44100.

In Windows on SMSL USB Dac its stuck at 384khz

Feb 3, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #73 of 162
Oh. Have you tried any music players like Audirvana? I can only upscale past the windows 384khz when using a program that can do exclusive access to the DAC.

Using foobar sacd dsd stuff all installed and configured.

I'll try audirvana.

So are you getting 768khz on your su9?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back