S:flo2 impressions thread
Mar 8, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #3,586 of 3,682
I tried to repair my S:Flo2 when it refused to power up. When I put it back together the backlight worked as usual but no display. I have read on here about people who have been able to repair the display by soldering some connection but I have no idea how one would do this. With mine you could actually use the touch screen 'blindly' still although this was rather awkward. After a further attempt at repair the display stopped functioning completely. One of the unfortunate things about this player is that it is rare for anyone to sell them. People keep them because now there is nothing with anything like the sound quality for what they cost. I had a wanted ad. on here out a month before Christmas asking for a used/faulty one and had no responses. It still may be possible to buy Teclast's T51 (8GB) somewhere in the world. Models with 'blue' displays (ie when off not a grey colour) had lower grade parts (not genuine TI OPA2604 op amp. etc) but if you only want one for the display then this should be OK. Limited choices unfortunately and high prices - I don't know if a Colorfly C3 sounds as good, the expensive C4 should sound a little better for 5X the price though. I have not heard either. 

Mar 9, 2013 at 12:53 AM Post #3,587 of 3,682
My screen is more like erm, regions where the display would be black. I left it in my back pocket but it never happened to my other players/phones etc.

Must've had a steel arssse that day !@$!@

I'm looking at a fuze now, step down in SQ but I still get to use a microSD, plays flac, and line out. Hopefully I won't notice that much difference when being out. Luckily I'm starting to care less about my portable (as long as my ttvj slim still exists) and focusing more on my home setup.

Mar 9, 2013 at 7:49 AM Post #3,588 of 3,682
The S:Flo2 isn't ideal as a portable due to the quirky interface, short battery life and the fact that much of its sound quality will be lost in noisy environments and with less expensive IEMs/earbuds although some of the sound quality will get through. This player also gets hot while playing due to the power sapping circuits, how they survive in climates like Australia I don't know.

Mar 9, 2013 at 12:08 PM Post #3,590 of 3,682
It survived the few months, and it wasn't the weather that killed it too.

SQ wise, never been more satisfied by the Sflo2|TTVJ Slim combo. I am hoping the noisy environment would not let me distinguish between the fuze I bought and the Sflo2 which now I once had...

Mar 9, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #3,591 of 3,682
So are you saying , sflo is not suitable because people will always use lower quality earphones when they are outside?

Any high grade audio player will be compromised by external noise and cheap earphones/headphones. So I'm not really saying anything. I prefer my S:flo2 indoors with a desktop amp. and my Sennheiser over the ear headphones. I have two sets of files for my music collection, flac and 320 kbps mp3. One for indoor and one for outdoor. One could live with 320mp3 indoor and 192mp3 outdoor.

Mar 9, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #3,592 of 3,682
 I still love my T51 (I had the Dx100 and many others ) I sold the other unused one I had 4 months ago.

The Fiio X3 is your best bet if you want my advice, for $200.

Mar 10, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #3,593 of 3,682
For anyone interested, I am selling a brand new one (T51); never had music on it. Comes with box and all accessories. Has been charged every two months to maintain battery life.

More details to be found in the source FS threads.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/645895/teclast-t51-with-gray-screen-sunday-special-till-12am-tonite-120

Thanks. And yes, it is an awesome player. I have one I use everyday without a hiccup. You've got to be patient with it. The dual DAC chips are extraordinary in a player this size. I wish they would come out with a newer model though.

Sunday sale price $120 with everything plus shipping. Goes back to original price $150 tomorrow.

Apr 6, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #3,595 of 3,682
Hi all, I made a very high quality fashion for this player. Eslm you're interested, go to: http://www.head-fi.org/t/447479/teclast-t51/1380#post_9330993

Apr 24, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #3,596 of 3,682
Hi all,

I just wanted to express my positive feedback on my Nationite 16GB S:Flo2. I bought it back in 2010 from Mp4nation. I just love it. S:flo2 drives my RE0 directly via line-out EQ'ed on 0db or -3db (at work) on each range. I never had any issue with it. So I cannot comment on MP4Nation customer service. The battery life still seems ok. Used ~10 hours / week.

^ Nevertheless, the burnwaygta4's mod seems nice, may contact you in the future. :wink:

Thanks

Apr 25, 2013 at 9:05 AM Post #3,598 of 3,682
Quote:
Hi all,

I just wanted to express my positive feedback on my Nationite 16GB S:Flo2. I bought it back in 2010 from Mp4nation. I just love it. S:flo2 drives my RE0 directly via line-out EQ'ed on 0db or -3db (at work) on each range. I never had any issue with it. So I cannot comment on MP4Nation customer service. The battery life still seems ok. Used ~10 hours / week.

^ Nevertheless, the burnwaygta4's mod seems nice, may contact you in the future. :wink:

Thanks

I suggest you wait when there will be reviews from Migou67 and Sefelt103, and after already ordered my modification.

Apr 25, 2013 at 9:06 AM Post #3,599 of 3,682
Quote:
My T51 is on the road to be modded by burnwaygta4, new battery, new sound :)

yes exactly
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back