S:flo2 impressions thread
Apr 16, 2012 at 10:39 AM Post #3,543 of 3,682

Quote:
same here !!

Very interesting recable job! @ Antony L...

About the failures on the T51's, I wonder though, how many of the dead units just need new batteries soldered in? ownta.com has some http://www.ownta.com/original-teclast-t51-mp4-player-built-in-lithium-battery-replacement.html and houseofdap.com now has some T51 units in stock http://www.houseofdap.com/teclast-t51-hi-fi-quality-3-5-inch-mp4-player-8gb.html .

Yeah, they need to be soldered to the Logic Board, I've taken the back off of my s:flo2 (T51) and it is directly soldered to it.

Apr 17, 2012 at 5:31 AM Post #3,544 of 3,682

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLACvest /img/forum/go_quote.gif
About the failures on the T51's, I wonder though, how many of the dead units just need new batteries soldered in? ownta.com has some http://www.ownta.com/original-teclast-t51-mp4-player-built-in-lithium-battery-replacement.html and houseofdap.com now has some T51 units in stock http://www.houseofdap.com/teclast-t51-hi-fi-quality-3-5-inch-mp4-player-8gb.html .

Yeah, they need to be soldered to the Logic Board, I've taken the back off of my s:flo2 (T51) and it is directly soldered to it.

Hummm, looks like this would be worth a punt, except I'm useless with DIY. The most I can do is swap in/out AA batteries :D

I can't decide whether to revive my S:Flo2 with one of these batteries or wait for the Android kernel which will allow me to output digital sound to my D4 Mamba (also has dual DACs, same as the S:Flo2)...

Apr 17, 2012 at 7:12 AM Post #3,545 of 3,682

Quote:
wait for the Android kernel which will allow me to output digital sound to my D4 Mamba (also has dual DACs, same as the S:Flo2)...

What are you referring too, here? A new player of sorts or new OS for an existing DAP?

Apr 17, 2012 at 11:08 AM Post #3,546 of 3,682

Quote:
What are you referring too, here? A new player of sorts or new OS for an existing DAP?

Oh no! Just my phone, which runs Android (ICS). Hopefully some developer's going to cook up something which means it can output sound via USB like a computer, then I'll get it to come out of a portable DAC/Amp unit (the Mamba) which, like the S:Flo2, has dual DACs (Wolfson I believe).

May 25, 2012 at 6:41 AM Post #3,547 of 3,682
Just broke out my S:flo2 again after not using it in a while. The UI was so annoying I just used my rockboxed Ipod 5G with a broken Fiio e5. This thing sounds better than I remember!

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'm on 2.30 firmware, are there any good skins available that make the device more usable? I'm currently using 2nd stock one that looks like the Zune HD menu.

Also, I remember someone posting a way to get your music sorted alphabetically via windows folders options, would someone mind directing me to that post or letting me know how it's done? 

Thanks.

Jun 26, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #3,548 of 3,682
http://www.head-fi.org/t/461156/s-flo2-impressions-thread/2355#post_6883421
Quote:

Also, I remember someone posting a way to get your music sorted alphabetically via windows folders options, would someone mind directing me to that post or letting me know how it's done? 

You just need the program called DriveSort. See post #2360.

Jun 28, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #3,549 of 3,682
i still have my t51 (sflo2) working and this one even beats my dx100 when it comes to its midrange (ymmv ok), midrange is so pure and deep (sorry for the lack of term) to the point that when i listen to piano solo and pairing it with my cd900st its sounds like youre actually the one playing the piano. the setup (t51 > cd900st unamped) sounds better when I paired the chain with my modded indeed g2, making the cd900st sounds open. talk about synergy haha

as people most likely say about the player, everything is bad except when you start hitting the play button--- similar to the dx100 lol

Jun 29, 2012 at 6:24 AM Post #3,550 of 3,682
Quote:
i still have my t51 (sflo2) working and this one even beats my dx100 when it comes to its midrange (ymmv ok), midrange is so pure and deep (sorry for the lack of term) to the point that when i listen to piano solo and pairing it with my cd900st its sounds like youre actually the one playing the piano. the setup (t51 > cd900st unamped) sounds better when I paired the chain with my modded indeed g2, making the cd900st sounds open. talk about synergy haha

as people most likely say about the player, everything is bad except when you start hitting the play button--- similar to the dx100 lol

Mine is still chugging along fine, too. Almost two years now I guess. My main concern now is the battery and how long it will last as I'd hate to use any other player. The sound is still *that* good to my ear. I say this cause I've noticed my battery life is markedly lower than it was when new...lasting maybe about five hours now on a full charge. I manage this by always hooking it up to a usb charger when not in use (while at work and what not). I've used this awesome sounding "clunker" every day for 3 to 9 hours a day (literally) for the length of time I've had it and never had a problem other than having to reset it occasionally. Sure wish Teclast would have stuck with the audiophile/dual DAC architecture and perfected it as it's definitely the best sounding portable I've personally ever heard.

Rock.

Jun 29, 2012 at 11:33 AM Post #3,551 of 3,682
Quote:

I'm curious though how much burn in has your DX100 had? I haven't had the Sflo2 for a long time and it did sound nice when I had it but I didn't find it even comparable to the Studio V or DX100. Then again pairing (synergy) is key. To be honest though the Studio V is my favorite for vocal presentation. There is so much life and energy in the sound and the vocal presentation is very intimate and detailed. Hard to believe when you take into account its very large sound stage and powerful-imaging. It's almost an oxymoron :p.

Jun 30, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #3,553 of 3,682
Quote:
willthong said:
Oh no! Just my phone, which runs Android (ICS). Hopefully some developer's going to cook up something which means it can output sound via USB like a computer, then I'll get it to come out of a portable DAC/Amp unit (the Mamba) which, like the S:Flo2, has dual DACs (Wolfson I believe).

One day maybe Android devices will do what old Nokias have been doing for years.  
tongue.gif

Oct 24, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #3,554 of 3,682
Sorry for digging old threat, but it is the only valuable link on google for "s:flo2 replacement battery" ask.

About that battery replacement:
http://www.ownta.com/original-teclast-t51-mp4-player-built-in-lithium-battery-replacement.html

DO NOT BUY IT.

I receive it 2 months ago, it was dead. I tried and test everything to make sure of that before wrote reclamation, described problem clearly and fully and everything that I receive was pointless questions like "Can you kindly offer us a video?" and sentences similar to "We will check with the sales team first and then get back to you asap."  interchangeably. 2 months later I still do not get replacement or refund.
I DO NOT recommend that store as I'm pretty sure, that batteries in their stock are all dead due to oldness.
Person I had contacted to was "Vicky L, Ownta Service Team" and it was most unprofessional and useless customer contact person I had ever seen in mine life.

Have anyone tracked down some other source of replacement batteries for T51 / S:flo2 ?

Oct 25, 2012 at 6:12 AM Post #3,555 of 3,682
Thank you very much for your return !

Unfortunately this is the only site that I have also found and I believe that the problem will be the same with every original battery we can found.
Even if a battery is not used its life decreases with time, we have to find an equivalent battery that was recently made, this will be not easy.

Luckily, I have not placed my order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back