S:flo2 impressions thread
Feb 3, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #3,526 of 3,682
Does it allows custom EQ? If it does, I would be interested in giving it a try. If someone here is interested in selling one, I might be interested.

Feb 4, 2012 at 4:22 AM Post #3,527 of 3,682

Quote:
Does it allows custom EQ? If it does, I would be interested in giving it a try. If someone here is interested in selling one, I might be interested.

The T51 is the same as the Sflo2. Look into getting one from House of DAP. I've heard some weird stories though about parts not being up to par though... It does have a custom EQ.

Feb 18, 2012 at 1:54 AM Post #3,533 of 3,682

Quote:
Well it's hard to get it now. Maybe a new model will be released soon?

There were some new firmware releases for a couple of products by Teclast, one was slated for the T51 apparently. However, there were some problems with the firmware that WAS released for one of the smaller MP3 players, and it was pulled, probably to be reworked/recoded and the possible T51 firmware that is rumored will most likely be delayed. Again, rumor, but a possible upcoming firmware in the works is a nice rumor to hear.

There's also some talk going on in the T59 thread (the announced roadmap successor product of the T51)

LINK: http://www.head-fi.org/t/543561/first-news-of-the-teclast-t59-hifi-player

Just in case you were interested.

Apr 9, 2012 at 1:55 PM Post #3,534 of 3,682
My S:Flo2 has died! :'(
It's given over a year of faithful service but I'm not happy that it's gone. It won't turn on, and when I plug it into the charger nothing happens. It's definitely not the charger or anything because I've tried many different Mini-USB cables, all of which work with other things. Any ideas?

Apr 9, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #3,535 of 3,682

HQuote:
My S:Flo2 has died! :'(
It's given over a year of faithful service but I'm not happy that it's gone. It won't turn on, and when I plug it into the charger nothing happens. It's definitely not the charger or anything because I've tried many different Mini-USB cables, all of which work with other things. Any ideas?

You might try letting its battery go 100% dead for a few days, then fully recharging it, or attempting to. That works with many Chinese DAPs. I hope you get it up and running again!

Apr 13, 2012 at 7:03 AM Post #3,536 of 3,682
I sent my S:flo2 for repair in july last year. I got it back last month!!!!
icon_evil.gif
9 months!!!
The factory tells me the reason that I don't get any sound out from the device is user related!!!! So they will not repair it.
At first the problem was that the line out suddenly stopped working after some listening. After a reset it worked again.
When I got it back last month the phone out worked. There was only one tune from the factory on it, so I did not do any long term tests as before.
I deleted the song and loaded some flac-files on it.
When I was trying to listen to them there was no output. Not on phone or line out.
icon_mad.gif

When it starts up one can here the music drowned in noise for two seconds in the left channel.
After a few seconds more one hears the same thing in the right channel. After that all is silence.
I formatted the card and loaded an ordinary mp3-file on it. Same problem.
Now, can anybody tell me how this can be user related.
icon_confused.gif
icon_mad.gif

I posted this at MP4 nation also.

MP4 Nation really don't know what customer satisfaction is.
Use another supplier if possible.

Apr 14, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #3,537 of 3,682
I had issues with my Sflo2 units. They have been discontinued and MP4Nation refunded me. Since then I've had the Hifiman 601, Studio V and DX100. They are all better than the Sflo2 IMO.

Apr 15, 2012 at 10:23 AM Post #3,540 of 3,682
My S:flo 2 is still going strong.Not sure how long I've had it. Maybe 2 years now, a little less perhaps. It's all beat up. Dented and scratched. But it sounds/works great. I dread the day that it dies cause I really haven't  heard a better portable.

smile_phones.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back