S:flo2 impressions thread
Jan 11, 2011 at 11:10 PM Post #2,971 of 3,682
actually mp4nation usually has the cheapest prices around. Where could you get a s:flo/T51 8GB for $130? Only at mp4nation when it was on preorder. Usually Raz surprises us by giving us a 5 to 10% off coupon as well. Shipping is slow though.

Jan 12, 2011 at 12:48 AM Post #2,973 of 3,682
For those of you wondering about House of Dap and the Teclast 51.....  I have ordered the Sflo2 (16 gb) from MP4 Nation and the Teclast 51 (8gb) from HOD.  My experience with MP4 Nation was quite stressful, I pre-ordered with batch 3 and the delays were close to intolerable.  I even requested and paid for EMS delivery, but Raz and Co. goofed and sent my package standard air mail; they did apologize and refund my EMS payment, but the delivery time by standard was quite slow.  The batch 3 pre-order participants seemed to get the same run-around that you all (batch 4 participants) are now getting....  I thought Raz might have learned something from the earlier experience (in terms of customer service), but if he did, it's hard to tell.  I will not purchase from MP4 Nation again in the future.

I did buy from HOD when they had the Teclast in stock this summer, the fellow (Sonny) there was very pleasant and prompt.  I received my Teclast within 10-14 days of ordering by standard air mail (free).  No BS and no excuses.  The Teclast T51 also comes with better IEM phones than the Sflo2; right now, the price of the Teclast T51 is cheaper ($139) than the Sflo2 (8gb) on MP4Nation.  If I was looking to buy this PMP now and I didn't mind having the 8 gb vs the 16 gb, I would undoubtedly buy from HOD.  Sonny does not tend to promise all kinds of "free bits" with your order, but you don't get BS or major-league delays either.  As expected, the players perform identically, but the  Teclast manual  comes in Chinese (I found neither the Sflo2 nor the T51 manuals to be very helpful, all the info you need on the player is in the forums anyway).  Good luck with your choice of vendors; the player is actually quite nice and I'm glad I own 2 of them.

Jan 12, 2011 at 12:55 AM Post #2,974 of 3,682
I am a dedicated member at mp4nation so my post could be seen as biased However, when you ordered the s:flo 2 it was a pre-order. Which have delays. If you order after CNY I'm pretty sure the shipping will be the same as HOD.

Jan 12, 2011 at 4:05 PM Post #2,976 of 3,682
Well my S:flo was supposed to be mailed out on the 15th of december, but it showed on the tracking that it was send out in january. But when it was really shipped out (with a shipping number) it arrived quite fast. (got mine today)

Jan 12, 2011 at 7:43 PM Post #2,978 of 3,682
A question, because i can't find it with search and i am probably to do it myself:
Is there a playlist function and if yes: how does it work?

Jan 14, 2011 at 1:40 PM Post #2,980 of 3,682
s:flo2 is definitely the best sounding dap i've heard but it's too big and the firmware sucks

Jan 14, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #2,981 of 3,682
It was a preorder when first ordered. They stated it shipped December 20th. I've been to Hong Kong during Golden Week and Christmas and have shipped using EMS via HKP in 2008 and 2009. NEVER did tracking info take more than a day to update and the proper date and time of when they ACCEPTED the package for shipment was what posted.

All the excuses about HKP taking forever and delaying things? Absolute lies. I understand delays. I do NOT understand dishonesty. I likely will not order from MP4nation again. I'm dreading what'll happen if my player arrives defective.
Quote:
I am a dedicated member at mp4nation so my post could be seen as biased However, when you ordered the s:flo 2 it was a pre-order. Which have delays. If you order after CNY I'm pretty sure the shipping will be the same as HOD.

Jan 14, 2011 at 6:59 PM Post #2,982 of 3,682
Ordered an s:flo2 on OCT 21 2010  ( Pre-order 3 ) Paid for it immediately via pay/pal. 16 DEC 2010 ( Item mailed out) and given a tracking number for hong kong post. The tracking number did not work. 6 JAN 2011 your parcel weight in grams 460.0. Tracking number still does not work. I thought it might be an issue with safari browser so i tried firefox, still no luck. 14 JAN 2011 i tried the tracking number again and it works message reads (The item (RT08981****HK) left Hong Kong for its destination on 14-Jan-2011.

So my s:flo2 is on its way to me!! hmmmm i will believe it when i see it. Now i do realize that i purchased it as part of the pre-order 3 i believe but i would never have believed it would take soooo long. I talked to mp4nation customer service several times at first asking why the hong kong tracking number i was given simply did not work, all they could say was that they were sorry for the inconvenience and blamed some mix-up at the hong kong postal depot. Why is it that so many other mp4nation s:flo2 pre-order customers are waiting so long for their players also?

In the last month i have ordered on different occasions 5 different items, 3 of which are from Deal-extreme and 2 via e-bay all from Hong Kong and all arrived within 10 days.

Anyways if it wasn't for the fact i have had to send my re-shelled TF10's back to Unique Melody for the second time, and am still awaiting the arrival of my Audio-gd NFB-10ES (bnc) i might have been just a tad miffed.

I am sure that all my goodies WILL turn up eventually, i just prey not on the same day as the excitement and relief might just finish me off! One thing is for sure though i doubt i shall ever have any further dealings with mp4nation.

Jan 14, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #2,983 of 3,682
Sorry to hear that, I've haven't had that experience. So far all the items I've order have arrived 2 weeks exactly after the number was given. (I live in the U.S.)

That last bit made me laugh a lot.

Quote:
I am sure that all my goodies WILL turn up eventually, i just prey not on the same day as the excitement and relief might just finish me off! 

Jan 15, 2011 at 6:32 AM Post #2,984 of 3,682

Quote:
Ordered an s:flo2 on OCT 21 2010  ( Pre-order 3 ) Paid for it immediately via pay/pal. 16 DEC 2010 ( Item mailed out) and given a tracking number for hong kong post. The tracking number did not work. 6 JAN 2011 your parcel weight in grams 460.0. Tracking number still does not work. I thought it might be an issue with safari browser so i tried firefox, still no luck. 14 JAN 2011 i tried the tracking number again and it works message reads (The item (RT08981****HK) left Hong Kong for its destination on 14-Jan-2011.

So my s:flo2 is on its way to me!! hmmmm i will believe it when i see it. Now i do realize that i purchased it as part of the pre-order 3 i believe but i would never have believed it would take soooo long. I talked to mp4nation customer service several times at first asking why the hong kong tracking number i was given simply did not work, all they could say was that they were sorry for the inconvenience and blamed some mix-up at the hong kong postal depot. Why is it that so many other mp4nation s:flo2 pre-order customers are waiting so long for their players also?

In the last month i have ordered on different occasions 5 different items, 3 of which are from Deal-extreme and 2 via e-bay all from Hong Kong and all arrived within 10 days.

Anyways if it wasn't for the fact i have had to send my re-shelled TF10's back to Unique Melody for the second time, and am still awaiting the arrival of my Audio-gd NFB-10ES (bnc) i might have been just a tad miffed.

I am sure that all my goodies WILL turn up eventually, i just prey not on the same day as the excitement and relief might just finish me off! One thing is for sure though i doubt i shall ever have any further dealings with mp4nation.

I have exactly the same encounter. I logged 3 support tickets and each give me vague answer until the finally sort out whatever issues with HK Post. Noticed there are similar complaints in other forums including responses from ebay HK buyers regarding delayed shipment from HK. While I am not siding mp4nation but it's really hard to believe this is a genuine mistake of HKP or are we just having tough luck during this Xmas :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back