S:flo2 impressions thread
Dec 1, 2010 at 5:59 AM Post #2,883 of 3,682

Quote:
I personally find that S:FLO2 EQ can fix the mid also... Actually with sflo2 HO, the tf10 mid sounds ok to me...
I think it more of the D10 issue than the TF10 issue, for my case as things got better after i change my cable to ES2 cable...

Thanks.

However I decided not to buy this yet, and go for a sansa clip+, theoritically  that would be (even if small) upgrade from my current sony nwz-e436, and in storage size, definiately an upgrade.

Maybe later, but I'm hoping S:flo3 will be around in a year or two, smaller, without touchscreen (or some other DAP, which has the same SQ), maybe even a rockboxable one.

Dec 2, 2010 at 11:06 PM Post #2,885 of 3,682
Yup.  Upgraded my FW to 2.3 using Win 7 64 bit.  Only time I ever connected the Sflo2 to my PC though.  I always do file management via SD card and a reader which is why I went for 2gb and saved my money for more sdhc cards.

Dec 3, 2010 at 12:32 AM Post #2,886 of 3,682

Hi, have you listen to the clip+ before? Why would you think it is an update over the nwz-e436? I just upgrade to NWZ-545 from clip the opposite lol.

Quote:

Quote:
I personally find that S:FLO2 EQ can fix the mid also... Actually with sflo2 HO, the tf10 mid sounds ok to me...
I think it more of the D10 issue than the TF10 issue, for my case as things got better after i change my cable to ES2 cable...

Thanks.

However I decided not to buy this yet, and go for a sansa clip+, theoritically  that would be (even if small) upgrade from my current sony nwz-e436, and in storage size, definiately an upgrade.

Maybe later, but I'm hoping S:flo3 will be around in a year or two, smaller, without touchscreen (or some other DAP, which has the same SQ), maybe even a rockboxable one.

Dec 3, 2010 at 11:04 AM Post #2,887 of 3,682

Quote:
Has anyone used the s:flo2 with win7? curious how this works

I actually have 2 machines on Windows 7 64-Bit. With both of them, I can add music, videos, etc. However, only one of them managed to update firmware (I have no idea why). Keep in mind that you won't have to update firmware often. You can always borrow a computer for 5-10 minutes (tops) it takes to update the firmware.

Dec 6, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #2,888 of 3,682
I'm very interested in selling my Fuze and getting an sflo2. does anyone know how the sflo2 does with a ck100?

Dec 7, 2010 at 9:58 AM Post #2,889 of 3,682
Im I right to think that a portable amp for FLO has to be in the 150 $ price range in order to exceed the HO? for example headstage arrow which I have been thikning about. Would a 40-80 $ for a PA2V2 or CMOY BB be a waste of money and portability considerning the internal amp is said to be powerful.

When I get it will drive sunrise charm and M50 which I hope it does quite good. But in the future I might invest in lets say HD650 which I like and then I might need an amp to let the cream flow from it!

Dec 7, 2010 at 12:19 PM Post #2,890 of 3,682
That's the general consensus. The Arrow seems to be a perfect amp for the S:Flo2, there's quite a few happy campers in this thread who've made that pairing and posted their impressions. It's what I'd be getting myself if I didn't think it was more important to upgrade my IEMS first.

Dec 7, 2010 at 2:11 PM Post #2,891 of 3,682
When did the S:flo2 actually come out?  have there been any talks of the third one yet?  I don't want to get one if a newer version is coming out in a few months.

Dec 7, 2010 at 2:44 PM Post #2,892 of 3,682

Quote:
When did the S:flo2 actually come out?  have there been any talks of the third one yet?  I don't want to get one if a newer version is coming out in a few months.

About a year or so ago AFAIK.
If you check the site, specifically the forums, the only PMPs being worked on are the Nanite N2, Nanite N3 and the OS-34.

So I don't think we'll be seeing a new S:Flo within the coming months, but who knows.
Just waiting for the Balanced Armature Brainwavz to be off the drawing board, considering how good the M3s are for their price.

Dec 7, 2010 at 3:24 PM Post #2,893 of 3,682

Quote:
Quote:

If you check the site, specifically the forums, the only PMPs being worked on are the Nanite N2, Nanite N3 and the OS-34.

So I don't think we'll be seeing a new S:Flo within the coming months, but who knows.
Just waiting for the Balanced Armature Brainwavz to be off the drawing board, considering how good the M3s are for their price.

Yeah, I remember seeing that.

Bah, like I said, for this price it's almost like these things are throwaways so I wouldn't be that angry if a new one did come out in a few months.

Dec 7, 2010 at 4:01 PM Post #2,894 of 3,682

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, I remember seeing that.

Bah, like I said, for this price it's almost like these things are throwaways so I wouldn't be that angry if a new one did come out in a few months.

Definitely, but right now I value mine more than house and home.

Dec 7, 2010 at 10:40 PM Post #2,895 of 3,682
s:flo 2 works fine with Win 7.. Except when you update the firmware.. then you need XP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back