S:flo2 impressions thread
Nov 19, 2010 at 9:23 AM Post #2,851 of 3,682

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
not sure if this as been asked or answered but does anyone know why, when you turn on the s:flo and hit music, it goes into a random folder? i rather it go to play all, or pull up the album list instead of going into a random folder.  any help?

Oh? When I turn my s:flo2 on and hit music, it just goes the the music playing screen on the same track when I left off.

Same. That's weird. Unless it's something in the settings. Try reinstalling the firmware (different skin or something for a change?) if all else fails.

yea i have to find a comp that doesnt have a 64 bit OS to upgrade the firmware =\ all my computers have 64bit. 
it might go to the last song played but it goes to its specific folder.  IE the album folder. it is no longer int he playall mode.

It can be a pain. I just got a refurb Mac Mini, and intend on having XP on there via Bootcamp almost exclusively for the S:Flo2 should any updates occur or new skins I like the look of. 
Quote:
This is just my experience. My S:flo2 has been freezing for the past two weeks. SO,.. based on the Customer Service's advice, I decided to format, and reinstall the firmware.

So far, no more freezes, but I keep on gettin reset?! I don't understand this, but it just kept happening. Any advice?

The reset button can be a pain to access and I had to push it quite hard, perhaps it's got wedged or something so it doesn't take much for it to activate the circuit? I'm not sure how you'd fix that though.

Nov 19, 2010 at 10:06 AM Post #2,852 of 3,682
So aside from firmware updates, how's transferring files to the S:flo2/T51 on a Mac?    I know several Cowon players have been bricked because of "garbage" files written alongside music that the Cowon players couldn't understand.  Anyone have any such problems?

Should I be moving my whole music collection to Windows before using this DAP?

I know there's a couple of you Mac/S:flo2 users out there..

Nov 19, 2010 at 5:06 PM Post #2,853 of 3,682
I have access to both a MAC and Windows 7. I actually don't really know how it works on windows, but it works great on the MAC just using the folder format. You can even drag music from Itunes if it is in a compatible format to the S:Flo2.

Nov 19, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #2,854 of 3,682
It should just be a drag/drop device on either OS, the main thing to remember is that it's an energy hog and if you're using a USB hub it needs to be powered. I charge mine on the mains too as it seems to be quicker than USB charging.

Nov 20, 2010 at 9:16 PM Post #2,857 of 3,682

Quote:
hey guys, im pretty much a basshead and i like listening to rock songs.
so i was wondering how is the bass on the S:Flo2 and which gives a better bass overall, zune 30 or S:Flo2.
thanks!

I can say from experience you will get much better bass on the SFLO:2 by tweaking the EQ better than any of the EQ presets on the Zune 30. The acoustic EQ  preset was the best sound in the zune30 and the SFLO:2 blows it away. I'm also a basshead of sorts and the SFLO:2 gives me all I need as far as bass goes.

Nov 21, 2010 at 3:14 PM Post #2,858 of 3,682
It has plenty of bass, although if you listen to things like dubstep, trance , dnb e.t.c. you'd probably want to use the user-EQ to boost the lowest frequencies a bit more. Produces pleasing results if you're into that kind of thing! I am haha.

Nov 23, 2010 at 8:34 PM Post #2,863 of 3,682

Quote:
Does S:flo2 benefit from an external amp at all ? My IEMs are Senn IE8 and DBA-02. If so, any amp recommendations under $300 that mates well with the S:flo2? Thanks.

I much prefer the S:flo2 (line out) with my portable amp (Headstage Arrow) ... as others have said, though ... if you don't go for something decent in the amp category, your just wasting your time because the S:flo 2's headphone out already sounds insanely good. If you can stand the wait (built time), I can hardly think that you or anyone else would not be pleased with the Arrow. Awesome bit of amp when mated with the S:flo 2.

Nov 23, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #2,864 of 3,682

Quote:
Quote:
Does S:flo2 benefit from an external amp at all ? My IEMs are Senn IE8 and DBA-02. If so, any amp recommendations under $300 that mates well with the S:flo2? Thanks.

I much prefer the S:flo2 (line out) with my portable amp (Headstage Arrow) ... as others have said, though ... if you don't go for something decent in the amp category, your just wasting your time because the S:flo 2's headphone out already sounds insanely good. If you can stand the wait (built time), I can hardly think that you or anyone else would not be pleased with the Arrow. Awesome bit of amp when mated with the S:flo 2.

Ditto.  

Nov 24, 2010 at 8:12 AM Post #2,865 of 3,682

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks. The Headstage Arrow 12HE 3G is actually the amp I am looking at. I wanted to know if there is going to be a noticeable improvement before I pull the trigger. My S:fli2 preorder keeps getting pushed back. I wanted to try out the HO before purchasing Headstage Arrow but I don't know how soon that is going to be and I am itching to get the amp.  If I went ahead and order the arrow now and if I later decide to part with the it, what is the used market like for that amp ? How much should I expect to lose when and if I sell in the used market? Another question, which LO cable do you use with your S:flo2 ? Where to buy ? Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back