S:flo2 impressions thread
Nov 2, 2010 at 2:32 AM Post #2,762 of 3,682
hi people, i would like to buy one for myself.
id like to know if its a good option instead for an ipod with my audioengines a5 and s8....
can this be a substitute for my ipod.
will use it for my speakers.

Nov 3, 2010 at 9:52 AM Post #2,763 of 3,682
Yes the line-out jack on the S:Flo 2 will be very good for your speakers and better quality than the headphone jack on any iPod.

You will need to connect the S:Flo 2 to an amp with red/white rca cables and then connect the amp to your speakers, unless you are using basic PC speakers like Logitech in which case you don't need to upgrade your iPod.

Nov 3, 2010 at 9:28 PM Post #2,765 of 3,682
I just learned about the s:flo2 today and haven't had a chance to read the majority of posts here, especially regarding internal DAC.  I'd like know if it would be suitable to play FLAC files via the LO connected to the aux input of a car stereo?  If not, would the Cowon S9/J3/O2 work better as far as sound quality is concerned?  TIA

Nov 3, 2010 at 10:10 PM Post #2,766 of 3,682

Quote:
I just learned about the s:flo2 today and haven't had a chance to read the majority of posts here, especially regarding internal DAC.  I'd like know if it would be suitable to play FLAC files via the LO connected to the aux input of a car stereo?  If not, would the Cowon S9/J3/O2 work better as far as sound quality is concerned?  TIA

Sflo2 LO is the better of the options sonically unless you plan to use whatever silly Eq the Cowon has for RTAing your cars interior.  I say silly w/ respect to the context not as a matter of principle.  I do suggest you read more, say the last 10-20 pages at least.

Nov 3, 2010 at 10:19 PM Post #2,767 of 3,682
Thanks for the quick response.  I'll read the recent posts as you suggested in the next day or two.  Just wondering why you sold your's???  BTW, I saw a Cowon O2 on the OC CL thread & almost thought about picking it up today till I learned about the s-flo2...

Nov 4, 2010 at 12:37 AM Post #2,768 of 3,682

Quote:
Thanks for the quick response.  I'll read the recent posts as you suggested in the next day or two.  Just wondering why you sold your's???  BTW, I saw a Cowon O2 on the OC CL thread & almost thought about picking it up today till I learned about the s-flo2...

Sold it because I just got a 602.  That plus my QA350, Clip+ and Gumstick something had to go.  The Sflo2 is fantastic for the price as long as the issues some people have aren't issues for you.  Pay attention to what people say they DON'T like about it.  The sound is fantastic, that's rarely where the point of contention is when debating this player.

Nov 4, 2010 at 7:26 AM Post #2,770 of 3,682
Nov 4, 2010 at 8:47 AM Post #2,771 of 3,682
If you don't mind a quirky interface, get the s:flo2. If sound quality is your only criteria, get the s:flo2. I ended up with the Cowon J3 because I can't live without gapless. There are other players, including the Cowon, that sound pretty darn good and have a better feature set (but also cost more). However, I haven't heard any player that beats the s:flo2 purely on HO sound quality.

Nov 5, 2010 at 3:51 AM Post #2,772 of 3,682
Hi

According to spec it supports AAC - i did try to play few AAC files with no luck .Compressed with Itunes or with Nero AAC doesnt really matter .It doesnt even show  *.m4a files in directory.When i chenge to .aac it show files but still doesnt play them .Any  thoughts on it ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back