S:flo2 impressions thread
Oct 30, 2010 at 11:05 AM Post #2,748 of 3,682

Quote:
Any recommended good protective case for Nationite S:Flo2.

Just cover it in Zagg shield and be done.  Kick it around on gravel if you like.  If you are receiving a package from Yemen I suggest a Pelican case.

Oct 31, 2010 at 9:50 AM Post #2,752 of 3,682

Quote:
Just cover it in Zagg shield and be done.  Kick it around on gravel if you like.  If you are receiving a package from Yemen I suggest a Pelican case.

Thanks, I will check it out. I found this to be what I am looking for >>
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AO4K4C/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=A3SPLR0MSOYZ8O

Oct 31, 2010 at 4:52 PM Post #2,753 of 3,682
I know the player doesn't support gapless. However, I've read that FLAC is gapless anyway. Can someone verify for me if FLAC files play seamlessly from track to track? Examples are tracks 1 & 2 on Beatles' White Album or most tracks on Pink Floyd's DSotM.

S1rrah was going to check this for me when he got a chance but maybe somebody can confirm quickly. It is down to Cowon J3 or s:flo2 for me, and this is the deciding factor. I can't live with gaps between the tracks on a seamless album.

Oct 31, 2010 at 7:52 PM Post #2,755 of 3,682

Quote:
I know the player doesn't support gapless. However, I've read that FLAC is gapless anyway. Can someone verify for me if FLAC files play seamlessly from track to track? Examples are tracks 1 & 2 on Beatles' White Album or most tracks on Pink Floyd's DSotM.

S1rrah was going to check this for me when he got a chance but maybe somebody can confirm quickly. It is down to Cowon J3 or s:flo2 for me, and this is the deciding factor. I can't live with gaps between the tracks on a seamless album.

There are gaps, but if you make the album a cue file, you can play the album gapless. Basically, it does not play gapless with standard FLAC, but there are work-a-rounds.

Oct 31, 2010 at 8:25 PM Post #2,757 of 3,682
@ Orcin. Sorry, friend. It's not gapless. I will say, though, the gap is very short between tracks.About a  1 second space and all. Between track one and two on the White Album(tm). But hey ... it's only rock and roll. Let me know if you get the Cowon! I want to try it out! ... Rock it, Ken! 

Oct 31, 2010 at 9:12 PM Post #2,759 of 3,682
It took a month for an order to arrive from house of dap and in fact it was for a T51. I was losing my sanity by then and as soon as Shigzeo put up his for sale, I jumped on it. Shig's package beat hod by two weeks
rolleyes.gif
. Insane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back