S:flo2 impressions thread
Sep 29, 2010 at 3:08 AM Post #2,551 of 3,682
@Darkchaser Sorry that your player is not back to you, we are looking into your situation, it seems your RMA was misplaced here and we are trying to track it down, my main concern is that it may have been misplaced and sent out for another person who had an RMA. We are sorry about this and i will try and have it resolved in the next 1 - 2 days.

@debitsohn The normally turn around time for when we get an RMA to when we get it back out is normally 2 - 3 weeks, keep in mind we need to send it to the factory in China and they take a week to fix it and send it back, once we get it we test it and send it back out, all in all it takes about 2 - 3 weeks to be done. We do not count the postal transit time when we refer to how long an RMA takes.

@DJGeorgeT  i think you will find the S:Flo2 will last over a year, majority of Nationite players last past their warranty, we still see people coming to the forums who have been using their S:Flo1 for the last 2 years everyday and not having a single issue with it. The QC that Teclast provides is no different that what you find over at flextronics or foxxconn. If you want to gauge how bigger brands QC are, just check how abundant refurbished versions of their products are available, the majority of units that make up refurbs tends to be new units that were sold and then went defective. I can go on, but the point is, the QC on the S:Flo2 is no less or better than big brand names, but in the end there is always a chance a unit going bad.

Just a note on warranty, we always uphold the warranty part of any purchase through our site, i know there are probably a few here that have had to send their S:Flo2 or earphones for servicing and can probably vouch that we do have a relative quick turnaround. As for our forums. we do lock order related posts on our forums, but we never lock posts that criticize a product or lock posts that highlight a possible flaw in model, we always kindly ask those that have an order related issue to use the support ticket, where we do try and give prompt replies and help as best we can.

Sep 29, 2010 at 6:19 AM Post #2,552 of 3,682
I have decided to pair the sflo2 with an amp. These are the 3 that i have shortlisted and will be getting it in a couple days. 1.P-51 mustang, 2.Qables iqube, 3.Ibasso PB1 toucan.  Any thoughts?

Sep 29, 2010 at 12:19 PM Post #2,553 of 3,682

Sold off my Alo RX amp, Ultrasone Pro 900s, AKG Sextetts, and RSA XP-7. All respectable pieces of equipment. I also tried to upgrade my HFI 780s but ended up rebuying them again, and I'm probably going to upgrade my iems soon too. The S:Flo2 sounds awesome to me. I compared it with my brother's Sony S545 LO to D4 combo and the S:Flo2 sounded better out of the HO. 
Quote:
It sounds awful. How many things have you sold off ?

Sep 29, 2010 at 1:37 PM Post #2,554 of 3,682

Quote:
I have decided to pair the sflo2 with an amp. These are the 3 that i have shortlisted and will be getting it in a couple days. 1.P-51 mustang, 2.Qables iqube, 3.Ibasso PB1 toucan.  Any thoughts?

Don't want to wait for the Arrow?  I would definitely consider the Meier Stepdance as well.  I've heard mixed opinions on the Toucan w/ respect to the benefit of it being 'balanced'.

x2 below.  How anyone can use the word awful to describe the sound is just ludicrous.  A trip to the audiologist for wax cleaning would be in order.

Quote:
 The S:Flo2 sounds awesome to me. I compared it with my brother's Sony S545 LO to D4 combo and the S:Flo2 sounded better out of the HO. 

Sep 29, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #2,555 of 3,682

Quote:
Don't want to wait for the Arrow?  I would definitely consider the Meier Stepdance as well.  I've heard mixed opinions on the Toucan w/ respect to the benefit of it being 'balanced'.

x2 below.  How anyone can use the word awful to describe the sound is just ludicrous.  A trip to the audiologist for wax cleaning would be in order.

Wow i just checked the discussion thread and also the review done by skylab, this amp seems very promising. 5 op-amps purely for amplification! Price is a bit steep if converted to sgd $470. I could get a 2nd hand p-51 or iqube for around sgd $350...hmmm...

Sep 29, 2010 at 1:59 PM Post #2,556 of 3,682

Quote:
Sold off my Alo RX amp, Ultrasone Pro 900s, AKG Sextetts, and RSA XP-7. All respectable pieces of equipment. I also tried to upgrade my HFI 780s but ended up rebuying them again, and I'm probably going to upgrade my iems soon too. The S:Flo2 sounds awesome to me. I compared it with my brother's Sony S545 LO to D4 combo and the S:Flo2 sounded better out of the HO. 

Do yourself a favor and try using the LO. It's cleaner, tighter bass and more detailed as compared to the HPO.

Sep 29, 2010 at 11:26 PM Post #2,558 of 3,682

Quote:

I have used the LO before with the RX. I used to use my S:Flo2 exclusively with the RX. But as I said before, with the new firmware upgrade the difference isn't significant enough to make me want to carry a big amp around in my pocket. The SQ improvements wouldn't be noticeable to me when I'm out and about anyway. If I want better SQ in a semi portable setup I'll just bring my UDac-2 and a netbook.

Carrying an amp around isn't my idea of portable, especially when I'm using IEMs. The only time I use the LO now is to feed my car system.

Sep 29, 2010 at 11:34 PM Post #2,559 of 3,682

Quote:

Carrying an amp around isn't my idea of portable, especially when I'm using IEMs. 

Have you seen the Arrow?  It's like Monty Python, 'Waffer thin!"

Sep 30, 2010 at 11:28 PM Post #2,560 of 3,682

Quote:
I have used the LO before with the RX. I used to use my S:Flo2 exclusively with the RX. But as I said before, with the new firmware upgrade the difference isn't significant enough to make me want to carry a big amp around in my pocket. The SQ improvements wouldn't be noticeable to me when I'm out and about anyway. If I want better SQ in a semi portable setup I'll just bring my UDac-2 and a netbook.

Carrying an amp around isn't my idea of portable, especially when I'm using IEMs. The only time I use the LO now is to feed my car system.

Interesting. I went from using the T51 LO (Rx then iBasso PB1) and now I'm using my Captivate to SER535 (although that might change to a 4G Touch soon). 

Oct 2, 2010 at 3:51 PM Post #2,561 of 3,682
Is there something I am missing to get this thing to work on my mac? When I plug it in it mounts then unmounts just as fast.

Oct 2, 2010 at 10:47 PM Post #2,562 of 3,682

Not sure. I must have mounted mine 50 times by now without a single problem. Shigzeo also reported issues like this... maybe an unpowered USB socket thing? Or an OS X version thing? (Just guessing).

Quote:
Is there something I am missing to get this thing to work on my mac? When I plug it in it mounts then unmounts just as fast.

Oct 2, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #2,563 of 3,682
well shigzeo did mention that all the usb ports don't work that well when they work fine with other devices.

If only I had a dual boot or something..then I might have considered getting it as it does seem like a good purchase. I might think about using the Windows to update firmware and then putting songs I won;t be deleting and the rest on the microsdhc

Oct 3, 2010 at 1:02 AM Post #2,564 of 3,682

Quote:

Happened to me once, all i did was push the pin with a needle on the top left side of it to reset. And it worked after that.

Oct 3, 2010 at 2:39 AM Post #2,565 of 3,682
Yes, I have problems like this. NO other USB device has given me trouble ever - at all and most of my work is done externally. I am on a laptop. It has to do with the S:Flo not meeting USB spec across platforms. I did the unthinkable and etched Windows into my HD and it worked, but of course, it is a pretty sad way to have to get it done. I updated on Windows and then went back. But I will be selling/trading this thing as it is pointless to drag Windows open just to use this player. 

Again, I have never ever had trouble with any USB device - ever. Only this one. I use USB for external storage, music, for synching, for everything and only the S:Flo has given me mount/unmount problems. I cannot update it in VMWARE FUsion, so I installed Windows on Bootcamp, but I'll not bother with it anymore as it is totally unreliable.

I am on OSX 10.6 MBP.

Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back