S:flo2 impressions thread
Aug 18, 2010 at 6:32 PM Post #2,282 of 3,682

Quote:
I just tried it, the upgrade went without the problems under Vista x64.
What was used:
1. RK28 x64 driver Vista/Win7
http://www.mediafire.com/?zajyrg3nrr6vy4d

2. RK28DM_V1.22.exe
install, if it's in chinese then in Program files/RK28DM/setting.ini set  Language=English.

3. V2.30 firmware image
Start RK28DM and
press ... to load image, then press update.

Upgrade finally works under x64 systems !!!! :)

I can confirm I have successfully upgraded to black and blue 2.30 under Windows 7 64 bit.  The HO is much better now.  Actually good enough to use.  I was not a fan of the HO like many others were before.  However, the LO is still better.  Just swapping my M50 from the HO to the LO revealed better clarity and detail so evidently.  I didn't even bother to listen for other differences since it was so obvious.  Therefore I will still be using the LO despite the HO improvement.  God this is thing sounds freaking fantastic for $109.  So many of my phones veer toward a warmer signature, this is a welcome update for my synergy.  

I just tried playing the Madagascar AVI and it works quite well.  I noticed the screen is a touch bigger than my phone.  Hmmm, I guess I'll be using it for movies as well.  Never even bothered w/ anything other than music before.

Aug 18, 2010 at 9:39 PM Post #2,283 of 3,682
I posted on this a few pages ago, but no responses thus far....

Uploading files, via USB, to the Flo2/Teclast (or at least my unit) is VERY slow compared to ANY other DAP or memory stick/device or external HD I own. This unit was manuf'd in late July 2010 and am now running v2.3 FW. The new FW did not help on upload speeds.

Folks (especially those of you from the Teclast/MP4Nation design team spying in on this thread :) ... I consider this a HUGE negative mark for this device. I should not have to wait 20 friggin' minutes to upload a mere 8GB. Yes, I have tried different brands/lengths of USB cables and various PCs. Same deal!

Aug 18, 2010 at 10:24 PM Post #2,284 of 3,682

Quote:

Uploading files, via USB, to the Flo2/Teclast (or at least my unit) is VERY slow compared to ANY other DAP or memory stick/device or external HD I own. This unit was manuf'd in late July 2010 and am now running v2.3 FW. The new FW did not help on upload speeds.

Folks (especially those of you from the Teclast/MP4Nation design team spying in on this thread :) ... I consider this a HUGE negative mark for this device. I should not have to wait 20 friggin' minutes to upload a mere 8GB. Yes, I have tried different brands/lengths of USB cables and various PCs. Same deal!

Yes it is slow, pretty much just how it is I doubt there will be any fix to this. What I do is keep my important tracks on the main storage, ones that I will always want to listen to, so I will not need to keep swapping out music on the on board memory.

I then have two 16GB microsd cards and a USB  micro SD card reader. I use the 16Gb microsd with the USB card reader to swap out music and it is much faster then trying to swap music out on the player itself.

Aug 18, 2010 at 10:31 PM Post #2,285 of 3,682

Quote:

Pft....put it on your sd card first outside of the player.  Takes no time.  Stop being an Apple user.  I don't even know if its USB 2.0 compliant and I don't care.

Aug 18, 2010 at 10:56 PM Post #2,286 of 3,682
swanlee: Good to know, good to CONFIRM... thx!
Analxius ... oops, dyslectic me, I meant Anaxilus :) : Well, I just got the 8GB S:Flo2 device ... and now I'm supposed to spend a bunch more ('cause SDHC Micro is still new tech. and, hence, $$$$) on "accessories" (i.e., addit. flash cards and their readers)?? A good thing MP4Nation does not also sell SD cards -- or the whole hook-line-&-sinker marketing/conspiracy thing would be an easy target for ridicule  :wink: BTW: Not an Apple in the house -- tho' NOW that option sounds more appealing.

Aug 19, 2010 at 5:56 AM Post #2,289 of 3,682

Quote:
swanlee: Good to know, good to CONFIRM... thx!
Analxius ... oops, dyslectic me, I meant Anaxilus :) : Well, I just got the 8GB S:Flo2 device ... and now I'm supposed to spend a bunch more ('cause SDHC Micro is still new tech. and, hence, $$$$) on "accessories" (i.e., addit. flash cards and their readers)?? A good thing MP4Nation does not also sell SD cards -- or the whole hook-line-&-sinker marketing/conspiracy thing would be an easy target for ridicule  :wink: BTW: Not an Apple in the house -- tho' NOW that option sounds more appealing.

SDHC is actually getting old. What is new is the SDXC, with up to 2TB on a card. Imagine a 2TB microSD card.

You don't really need a card reader for the microSD card, as you can put the card into the player and plug the player into the computer. Both the internal memory and the card memory will be recognized. And a 16Gb microSD is not that expensive, it's around $30 (http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-microSDHC-Memory-SDSDQ-016G-Packaging/dp/B001L1H0SC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1282211679&sr=8-1)

A reader would speed up the transfer, but for convenience's sake I'd just leave the card on the player and transfer using the player. 

Aug 19, 2010 at 2:58 PM Post #2,293 of 3,682

Quote:
SDHC is actually getting old. What is new is the SDXC, with up to 2TB on a card. Imagine a 2TB microSD card.

You don't really need a card reader for the microSD card, as you can put the card into the player and plug the player into the computer. Both the internal memory and the card memory will be recognized. And a 16Gb microSD is not that expensive, it's around $30 (http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-microSDHC-Memory-SDSDQ-016G-Packaging/dp/B001L1H0SC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1282211679&sr=8-1)

A reader would speed up the transfer, but for convenience's sake I'd just leave the card on the player and transfer using the player. 

Hopefully I'll never own a HDD portable DAP again, but it'll probably be a while before we see truly high capacity flash players on the market. I'm still annoyed the 16GB microSD's haven't gone down in price! 

Aug 19, 2010 at 3:07 PM Post #2,294 of 3,682

Quote:

Hopefully I'll never own a HDD portable DAP again, but it'll probably be a while before we see truly high capacity flash players on the market. I'm still annoyed the 16GB microSD's haven't gone down in price! 

x2  Join the Anti-platter coalition!

??  All my 16gb cards cost me $17.99.  Is that expensive?

Aug 19, 2010 at 5:39 PM Post #2,295 of 3,682
That's cheap! I can't find them any cheaper than about £25 here in the UK via Play.com, everywhere else is £27-30 online at the cheaper places, then it rockets up. My local Maplins was selling them in store for £70!!! I couldn't help but laugh at the sales guy when he told me.

I'll have to have a look at US stores that ship worldwide now, I refuse to pay that much for something that's about the size of my small fingernail.

EDIT - this place has them for £21.99, although they're not SanDisk or Kingston
http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Micro-SDHC/Memory2Go/Memory2Go-16GB-MicroSD-(SDHC)-Class-2-Memory-Card-(Includes-Adaptor)

EDIT 2 - there's Duracell ones on eBay for £19.99... looks legit. I still prefer $17 though! That's about £11.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back