S:flo2 impressions thread
Jun 18, 2010 at 4:45 PM Post #1,621 of 3,682

FInally it arrived but how's that instead of S:flo2 I received the announcement of custom declaration of s:flo2 .. damn I will have to pay customs and the tax? ... I though the mp4nation sent the s:flo2 with "gift" custom declaration.

Mine said USB drive with a $25 value

Jun 18, 2010 at 4:46 PM Post #1,622 of 3,682
Jun 18, 2010 at 7:33 PM Post #1,626 of 3,682

Quote:
Well it's been a day with it and I have some impressions to share .
Opened the box, hooked it up to my Win7 machine with no problems and loaded up my collection of FLAC and 320kbps MP3's of Alternative Rock and Korean Pop, (oh yes, Korean Pop and I'm Mexican).
First I hooked the s:flo2 to my RX700's.
What can I say ? It was GREAT . I've been using the HO on my laptop for the longest time and this was over nine thousand times better . The detail, seperation, clarity, bass, treble, EVERYTHING sounded way better. Then I hooked it up to my ES7's. Oh man, I didn't know it could get better ! The ES7's are definitely a good match with this player, it sounds amazing. This was definitely worth the wait. :)
Now onto the bad, the worst thing that I could find about this player is it's scrolling on menus, especially when selecting music. It's SO annoying when you try to scroll down (pretty damn slow may I add), and then you end up selecting a song by accident. Also what's annoying is that when you press say, "Albums" sometimes you get sent to the middle of the list right away, instead of starting at the top. Other than these nuisances, I have nothing else negative to report. :)

Can't wait to get an amp ! :D I've looked around and apparently the Headstage Arrow 12HE is a good combination with it, I may get it in the near future.

@ Kayzo ... when scrolling down or up, be sure to start the *contact* and *slide* of your finger on the screen *outside* of the interface proper (IE, in the black glass areas at top and bottom) ... this will absolutely not select any songs or otherwise on the screen and will simply scroll the list for you.

I had the same problem till I figured out the above...

Cheers.

.s1rrah.

Jun 18, 2010 at 9:14 PM Post #1,627 of 3,682
wow, i havent had my s:flo2 for a day and now its dead. tried charging it with the outlet and when i came back after 30mins to check if it took some charge and it was dead. I tried plugging it into my pc and it wont turn on. i tried to reset it but still no power. the mini usb outlet for the s:flo2 smell like it was burn. I dont think my house outlet push that much power. I live in canada and used the provided wall charger. dang it really F&*king mad/upset right now,.

how do i get a replacement for this item. the sound was great but its really frustrating when you waited for months and once you get it , it doesnt even last 24hrs. 

Jun 19, 2010 at 8:50 AM Post #1,631 of 3,682
"The item (RTXXXXXXXXXX) was posted on 18-Jun-2010 and is being processed for delivery to the addressee." - HongKongPost Website

Finally after almost two months of wait.....its finally shipping outta Hong Kong.

Jun 19, 2010 at 1:15 PM Post #1,632 of 3,682
Is this true? If so, do they send it automatically..? I don't want to wait another 3 months for a case. Is there a way to know when we're gonna get them

Quote:
I did not get any free gift when i received my package either so i sent them a ticket.

This is what they replied,
The three items were not in stock, so instead we have sent you a pair of Alpha brainwavz, however we are sending to all preorder buyers a custom leather case and fm transmitter in two weeks time. There is nothing you need to do to redeem these items, however you can visit our forums for updates on the case shipout.

Jun 19, 2010 at 1:18 PM Post #1,633 of 3,682
Oooh, S:FLO2 arrived today, Interesting. Worked straight away out of the box, recognized and read the memory card I'd been using in my J3, loaded another 9GB of stuff I threw at it, no problems so far.

My only real gripes are: Album art isn't showing despite embedded art in the tags AND a separate 'cover.jpg' in every folder (yes, I know why; what a PITA). None of the "free gifts" were in the package. If you're not going to include them, don't mention them on the website MP4Nation. Mains charger has a US plug. Not the end of the world, but a bit useless. Other than that, an impressive start. We'll see how it goes under real-world usage...

Jun 19, 2010 at 2:42 PM Post #1,635 of 3,682
I've just got my s:flo2 yesterday but I am so frustrated now that I'm on the verge of putting this up on the FS forum. The touch/scrolling/selecting UI simply KILLS the player, imho. How slow do my fingers have to be to scroll? When and where do I touch the player to start and end the scroll?!

Seriously, if mp4nation cannot produce a proper touch-based player, why bother? I'd pay even more for the same product (with the same specs) but without the touch controls if they suck like they do now!

I honestly cannot describe how disappointed I am in the unit, especially considering the raving reviews it has received and that I've waited almost 3 months for this. Make no mistake, the SQ is top class, but what is the use when I can hardly select my songs accurately with only 3 'pages' of it? I shudder to imagine how it would be like when I fill the player with >10gb's worth of songs.

@Kayzo, I honestly, really, utterly and truly admire your patience! I totally feel you there!
@s1rrah I've tried your suggestion, but the same thing still happens so frequently!

I seriously wonder if it's just me or everyone has such seemingly inexhaustible patience with the player. I really want to like the player, I do - but right now I feel like throwing this out of the window from my 5-storey flat!

Desperately in need of help here!
Boy, what a let-down
angry_face.gif

/rant

Users who are viewing this thread

Back