S:flo2 impressions thread
Apr 10, 2010 at 4:27 PM Post #782 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Spade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^Just a quick question, why not just get the s:flo2 and the Minibox-F? I mean the s:flo2 costs less anyway.

i can get the ipod for $20 from a friend so it would be cheaper than the sflo2 overall, i just wanna know if the s:flo2 better than the combo

Apr 10, 2010 at 4:30 PM Post #783 of 3,682
Oh wow 20 bucks? That's almost too good of a deal to pass up..... Honestly if it was me I'd buy the ipod cheap, sell it to someone for more money and pick up the s:flo2.

But as for SQ, what headphones are you going to be using?

Apr 10, 2010 at 4:32 PM Post #784 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Spade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh wow 20 bucks? That's almost too good of a deal to pass up..... Honestly if it was me I'd buy the ipod cheap, sell it to someone for more money and pick up the s:flo2.

But as for SQ, what headphones are you going to be using?

Ultrasone HFI-2000's and Shure SRH440's

Apr 10, 2010 at 7:47 PM Post #788 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by flaming_june /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But the issue is are you going to rockbox it? If not, no flac, Sflo2 still trumps the lossless music players.

I would say sflo, but I haven't heard the ipod with amp before.

This is what I was going to post earlier but I hesitated for some unknown reason. After reading extensively about the s:flo2 and it's SQ (and owning it, using it with Triples and UM3s), I know how great it sounds but I can't directly compare with the iPod to tell you the differences.

The player sounds damn good, I want to say it would be better than the ipod/amp combo but I don't know for sure.

You should read the appreciation and impression threads about the T51/s:flo2. That might help put the players SQ into perspective for you.

Apr 10, 2010 at 10:32 PM Post #790 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dazed&Confused718 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no i have no intention of rockboxing it, most of my files are 320k and i dont use cds or EQ so there would no need

so with that being said i'm guessing the s:flo2 would be better sounding?

Did you read the headphonia review?
HM-801, T51, RWA Imod, Ipod Classic, and X1060! | Headfonia

Based on their review, the IPOD SQ is limited by it's DAC circuitry.

Randy

Apr 10, 2010 at 11:27 PM Post #791 of 3,682
Fry's has Sony X series (1051) 16gb version for $200. I believe it's for US only.
FRYS.com*|*Sony

I don't mean to offend anyone, ok? I will buy S:flo2 in the future; I am holding out until bugs fixed (both hardware and software, we know those things generally take 6 months to one year.). If you want good sound, Sony X is a worthy contender. For $30-$40 more than S:flo2, I think someone may be interested.

Apr 10, 2010 at 11:52 PM Post #792 of 3,682
Received my S:flo2 today! I've literally had 2 minutes with it up until now but initial impressions are good. It feels solid and heavy in comparison to my Cown S9. Now I've heard a few people complaining about the lightweight feel of the S9, while others were disappointed about how heavy the S:flo2 is....I'm just interested in sound quality. I was impressed that the sound quality of the S9 was so good when the player felt almost featherlight. The S:Flo2 feels heavy and rugged. I like that too
smily_headphones1.gif

The deciding factor (for me at least) will be sound quality.

I'll post some impressions when I've had more time with the S:flo2 and hopefully some comparisons between it and the S9. I've heard many people comment on the power of this unit - you get the feeling that there's ALOT more power there if needed, but you're never going to venture beyond a certain point since in the near future your oh so cool
pouch for your IEM's will also contain a hearing aid. Seriously, the S:flo2 has muscle.

I was slightly concerned by the headphonia review which raised issues regarding the
bass performance. I must say I have no such reservations at this point.
With very limited listening time at the time of writing, my initial impressions of the bass are very good: punchy, detailed with great representation of mid and low bass.

The only phones I have are the Edition 9's though
wink.gif

So far so good!!! (Yes after 2 minues listening).

Oh, the MOFI case is cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back