S:flo2 impressions thread
Apr 4, 2010 at 4:50 PM Post #691 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by Qonad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not wanting to sound bossy, i would like more opinions please
biggrin.gif

There are 46 pages worth of opinions to read over. Quite a few clip+ comparison posts in the thread.

After reading the whole thread (took a while, lots of info) I moved the sflo2 up my list of DAPs to purchase. The only thing making me not buy one today is the UI and battery life and having to use Windows XP for certain things.

Apr 5, 2010 at 3:33 AM Post #695 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by swanlee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yea I think that part of the review is on crack. The SFLO:2 has more and better Bass than my Zune30/ XM5 combo with the bass boost enabled on the XM5.

Let me dissect that, this stand alone player "the SFLO:2" has better bass than a good player the Zune30 which has a really good external amp the XM5 hooked up to it with bass boost enabled.

The SFLO:2 also has a fully functioning user adjustable EQ so you can simply pump up the bass if you want more.

I dont know if I should write this in a appreciation thread.

But honestly, I do feel T51 has slight of bass problem, I'm not a bass head -I'm a loyal fans of Etymotic ER-4p-, but I feel like the bass just slightly cut off. I did try to add eq +4db in the bass, but didnt fill in the missing part.

Compared to a diymod ipod nano 1stgen, ipod done better if it's BASS ONLY. the stup was , t51 piccolino mini2mini, iqube vs diymod ipod nano 1stgen, piccolino lod with blackgate caps, iqube. but t51 excels in other part like, clarity, detail , soundstage and imaging.

I own T51, dont get me wrong it's a fantastic player, with great imaging an clarity, but I listen to rock, and keep missing the bottom end. if you listen to vocal, or maybe classical and jazz this is a player for you, it beat any player in the world ( except hm801 but for that price I'd get buffalo32
smily_headphones1.gif
)

my search for portable setup is harder than search for my desktop
frown.gif

Apr 5, 2010 at 5:00 AM Post #696 of 3,682
It's an impressions thread, not an appreciation thread, so no worries!

I'm happy to hear someone mention something they dislike about the SQ from the S:Flo2. I'm strongly considering buying one and it's nice to hear lots of opinions really dissecting its sound to know what i'm getting myself into.

Apr 5, 2010 at 1:19 PM Post #697 of 3,682
I am surprised that no one seemed to have tried the s:flo2 with a pair of customs like the almighty JH13/JH16 Pro's. This is what I am looking for -- an ultra-portable hi-fi setup.

Two questions.

1) Would the s:flo2 indeed be a good candidate for the JH13/JH16's straight from the headphone out?

2) Will the s:flo2 be too bulky for gym/exercise use, especially for long runs?

Apr 5, 2010 at 1:21 PM Post #698 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by Questa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont know if I should write this in a appreciation thread.

But honestly, I do feel T51 has slight of bass problem, I'm not a bass head -I'm a loyal fans of Etymotic ER-4p-, but I feel like the bass just slightly cut off. I did try to add eq +4db in the bass, but didnt fill in the missing part.

Compared to a diymod ipod nano 1stgen, ipod done better if it's BASS ONLY. the stup was , t51 piccolino mini2mini, iqube vs diymod ipod nano 1stgen, piccolino lod with blackgate caps, iqube. but t51 excels in other part like, clarity, detail , soundstage and imaging.

I own T51, dont get me wrong it's a fantastic player, with great imaging an clarity, but I listen to rock, and keep missing the bottom end. if you listen to vocal, or maybe classical and jazz this is a player for you, it beat any player in the world ( except hm801 but for that price I'd get buffalo32
smily_headphones1.gif
)

my search for portable setup is harder than search for my desktop
frown.gif

I find the ER-4p lacking in bass (extension). The S:FLO2 can't make the ER-4p go deeper than they naturally do. Now if you said the S:FLO2 is lacking bass with the Monster Turbine Pro Copper, the Hippo VB or the Cyclone PR2 then I'd have a better frame of reference. Don't get me wrong, I love my ER-4p and the bass they have is very good but they do cut out far earlier than these other iems in the bottom end.

Apr 5, 2010 at 4:03 PM Post #700 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by mobbaddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The s:flo clearly has more bass quantity than the Clip with my PFEs. I hear no roll off at all.

I agree. I love picking up the clip and using it for classical, acoustic, and new age. Does sound a little thin compared to the T51 though.

Apr 5, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #701 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by mobbaddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The s:flo clearly has more bass quantity than the Clip with my PFEs. I hear no roll off at all.

The Clip has no bass roll off and even if it did, it's very doubtful unless the music is very deep, that you'd hear it. Midrange suckout is another thing; attenuation of mid-highs are easy to notice as they affect shimmer, shake and a few other things. Bass is mostly noticeable, not in quantity, but in quality. Boom and ripping volume often accompanies roll off because there is little to no support from deep bass.

If you hear more bass, it may be artificial like the Sony Walkman series where bass is accentuated rather than neutral, but then that would just be a voice rather than a quality.

Apr 5, 2010 at 5:10 PM Post #702 of 3,682
To me er4p never have roll of bass, it just thin, I tried T51 with alot other stuffs, I mentioned er4p because I dont want you guys think I'm a bass monster fans.

well If you ask me I did try it with JH13pro but universal version of it.
JH13Pro-2.jpg

well, I'm not the only one confirm the cut off, really.

I think I'm not gonna continue writing about this t51 bass thing, If you happy with it, thats okay, It's a fantastic player to begin with.

I'm testing HM801 soon, hope it solve my problem.

Apr 5, 2010 at 5:27 PM Post #703 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Clip has no bass roll off and even if it did, it's very doubtful unless the music is very deep, that you'd hear it. Midrange suckout is another thing; attenuation of mid-highs are easy to notice as they affect shimmer, shake and a few other things. Bass is mostly noticeable, not in quantity, but in quality. Boom and ripping volume often accompanies roll off because there is little to no support from deep bass.

If you hear more bass, it may be artificial like the Sony Walkman series where bass is accentuated rather than neutral, but then that would just be a voice rather than a quality.

I agree, i didn't mean that the Clip suffers from roll off, i find it more neutral actually. Maybe the s:flo is voiced that way like you said. Or maybe it's a matter of synergy with headphones/IEMs. But i don't feel any lack of bottom end anyway.

Apr 5, 2010 at 6:20 PM Post #704 of 3,682
@Questa: Thank you so much for posting that picture; I've been kind of looking for it off and on for a while now. I would buy those as is if I could
smily_headphones1.gif

Actually.... do they even sell them universal style?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back