S:flo2 impressions thread
Mar 30, 2010 at 11:11 AM Post #631 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by prone2phone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
on headfonia.com there is a review of some daps, and it says teclast/sflo has weaker bass with less extension than ipod classic, can it be due to reviewer using wav files, any thoughts? review

i dont see how, .wav is a container for pcm data, its direct off the cd, that wouldnt be the cause.

Mar 30, 2010 at 11:58 AM Post #632 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by prone2phone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
on headfonia.com there is a review of some daps, and it says teclast/sflo has weaker bass with less extension than ipod classic, can it be due to reviewer using wav files, any thoughts? review

My theory is that T51/s:flo2 being a fairly cold / clean sounding DAP might not give enough warmth to the reviewer / his friend, not because it doesn't extend low enough (as in roll off).

Mar 30, 2010 at 12:02 PM Post #633 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My theory is that T51/s:flo2 being a fairly cold / clean sounding DAP might not give enough warmth to the reviewer / his friend, not because it doesn't extend low enough (as in roll off).

Or maybe the bass quantity depends on the outboard amp?

Mar 30, 2010 at 12:10 PM Post #634 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by mobbaddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif

the amp didnt change throughout the comparison, so while certain amps could potentially raise the bass, it would still be lower relative to the other dap's, if what he said was true at least.

Mar 30, 2010 at 12:19 PM Post #635 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by mobbaddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You can simply adjust the EQ if they find they aren't getting enough bass. EQ adjustments work through the line out as well as the headphone out. The Eq setting I'm using gives a very warm natural feel to the sound while still retaining details.

Mar 30, 2010 at 12:22 PM Post #636 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the amp didnt change throughout the comparison, so while certain amps could potentially raise the bass, it would still be lower relative to the other dap's, if what he said was true at least.

Yes, but could it be that the s:flo doesn't work as well with portable amps vs stationary amps?

Quote:

Originally Posted by swanlee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can simply adjust the EQ if they find they aren't getting enough bass. EQ adjustments work through the line out as well as the headphone out. The Eq setting I'm using gives a very warm natural feel to the sound while still retaining details.

Indeed!

Mar 30, 2010 at 12:42 PM Post #637 of 3,682
I am more inclined to think it is more of a synergy issue

Mar 31, 2010 at 2:46 PM Post #640 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by rabor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The official statement on the delay of the 3rd batch:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f179/n...3/#post6521675

Teclast has trouble supplying enough of their own T51 to their local market as well, so that isn't be a surprise to know.

Mar 31, 2010 at 8:47 PM Post #641 of 3,682
In a way this is good; meaning that they are selling a ton of units which means (more emphasis for them to make another player and update their UI
smily_headphones1.gif
)

But I'm saying this because I got mine a month ago lol; the wait was horrible for me though because I sold all of my other players so I had to basically go a month and a half without Hi-Fi music :/

Mar 31, 2010 at 8:59 PM Post #642 of 3,682
I have exactly the same problem: I sold my old mp3 player last month because my JH 13 had to go back for a refit but next week they'll come back and I hoped my s:flo2 would also arrive next week. Now I have to wait at least another 3 week so I'll have to go almost two months without portable music. That really sucks!

Apr 1, 2010 at 3:09 AM Post #644 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by gknix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damnit...delays again
frown.gif

Anyone compared this to imod? I've been looking, but dosn't seem to have any reviews for Imod/DIYmod vs s:flo 2

check out the new DAP comparison on Headphonia. He compares the iMod, iPod classic, sony x1060, s:flo2, and the Hifiman

Apr 1, 2010 at 4:36 AM Post #645 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
check out the new DAP comparison on Headphonia. He compares the iMod, iPod classic, sony x1060, s:flo2, and the Hifiman

I wouldn't worry about the Headfonia comparison. Simple fact is you don't need an amp with an S:FLO2 unless you are running some super hard to drive cans. The S:FLO2 will piss on any iPod when using the HO. Running my S:FLO2 into my NAD stereo amp sounds brilliant, so I just don't see the point of letting some comparison using a portable amp count for much. Apples are tweaked for bass as that is what most people like. Most people don't care about instrument separation, etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back