S:flo2 impressions thread
Mar 24, 2010 at 4:25 PM Post #602 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by cow07 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh really, did not know that. too bad even though it has a huge battery, it only lasts ~10hrs

It's got some serious power draining hardware in it so 10 hours is pretty reasonable when you consider that. Some cowons only last 4 hrs or so with .flac

Mar 24, 2010 at 5:19 PM Post #604 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will have a HifiMan HM801 for review in the next few weeks, will give it a comparison then.

Nice! Very much looking forward to reading about your thoughts on these.

Mar 25, 2010 at 3:36 AM Post #606 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by cow07 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so what are your biggest pet peeves about this player?

Biggest would surely be the wonky touch screen. Swiping through a long list is painful, as more often than not, you'll select a file instead of going through the list. I have a very hard time navigating very long lists, especially albums with more than 20 tracks. It's so bad I've had to reorganise the files so that I don't have such long lists.

Now with clip+ having rockbox, I'm wavering on whether to keep the s:flo2....we'll see.....

Mar 25, 2010 at 4:08 AM Post #607 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkchaser /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Now with clip+ having rockbox, I'm wavering on whether to keep the s:flo2....we'll see.....

The s:flo2 must sound significantly better than the Clip+ yes?

Mar 25, 2010 at 4:41 PM Post #608 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by swanlee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love the VB's, they replaced my Atrio m5's and outclassed them in every way shape or form. They also sound alot better after burn in. The treble gets ALOT Smoother after burn in but still retains the high detail and 3d like space of them out of the box. The Bass also gets a little smoother after burn in.

These match up really well with the SFLO:2, no amp needed anymore.

May I ask? - how many "dots" do you apply for the best effect?
Me? - 3

Mar 25, 2010 at 4:57 PM Post #609 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by sashava /img/forum/go_quote.gif
May I ask? - how many "dots" do you apply for the best effect?
Me? - 3

I use the 2 dot discs. Give's a little more bass without a mid bass hump and doesn't interfere with the mids or treble. The Zero dot discs is just bass overkill but would be useful if a source was really lacking in bass. I used them when I was playing around with my wife's ZuneHD and it helped make up for it's lack of bass.

I thought the 3 dot discs were a little to lean and analytical for my taste but would go well with a source that was bass bloated and not as detailed.

It is nice to have a great sounding IEM with so many sound signature options.

Mar 26, 2010 at 8:29 AM Post #611 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkchaser /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for pointing me to that, I have been waiting for that
wink.gif
I'll definitely give rockboxed Clip+ a shot tonight
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 26, 2010 at 9:12 AM Post #612 of 3,682
Ok,

After 2 faulty players, I got my new player sent to the wrong address.

Actually,.. still my home but the one in NYC while I am in Taiwan. I wrote them yesterday, and now still waiting for their reply.

I am soo freaking unlucky with this player. But hey,.. let's see how MP4Nation will act. Will definitely keep you guys updated: (

Mar 26, 2010 at 11:04 AM Post #613 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisztian420 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok,

After 2 faulty players, I got my new player sent to the wrong address.

Actually,.. still my home but the one in NYC while I am in Taiwan. I wrote them yesterday, and now still waiting for their reply.

I am soo freaking unlucky with this player. But hey,.. let's see how MP4Nation will act. Will definitely keep you guys updated: (

Hi.

I also am not having luck on my first purchase with the mp4nation website.

I had to open a "ticket", which I transcribe below:

--------------------------------------------------------------

Thu, Mar 25 2010 5:40am

Dear team,

My order number is #xxxxxxx;

Mailed out in 03/02/2010;

Tracking number is RTXXXXXXXXXHK;

The delivery company in my country has no record of my order.

Today is 03/24/2010 and the unit has not yet arrived. Why I have not yet received the product?

Cheers,

Peter

Thu, Mar 25 2010 4:10pm - Admin

Items to Brazil can take some time, this is mainly due to Brazilian customs. Please inform us if the tracking does not show up online by the end of next week.

**Please note this ticket will marked Closed, but replying to the ticket will reopen it.**

Fri, Mar 26 2010 3:53am

Dear team,

I do not believe the problem is that, since before the shipment through customs, the delivery company in my country has a record of receiving the product. In my case, the tracking number is unknown by the company.

Anyway, I will wait until the end of next week. The question is: If the product does not arrive by then, what will be done? You automatically send another unit, with the same characteristics, for EMS?

This is my first purchase on the mp4nation site and would not want this kind of frustration.

Cheers,

Peter

Fri, Mar 26 2010 5:35pm - Admin

If it does not show up online by next week, we need to start the process of having Hong Kong Post track it and confirm what happened to the parcel.

**Please note this ticket will marked Closed, but replying to the ticket will reopen it.**

Frankly, I'm very disappointed with the purchase. Chinese products are improving every day, but there is still plenty of work for the whole process to reach a satisfactory level of efficiency.

In the end, buy good products at low prices is not always synonymous with satisfaction. I would not mind paying a little more not to go through this delay.

It has been almost two months since the request and payment of the product. And from what I understand, it will take a long, long time for me to receive my order.

Cheers,

Peter

Mar 26, 2010 at 12:45 PM Post #614 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by cardozo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi.

I also am not having luck on my first purchase with the mp4nation website.

I had to open a "ticket", which I transcribe below:

Thu, Mar 25 2010 5:40am

Dear team,

My order number is #xxxxxxx;

Mailed out in 03/02/2010;

Tracking number is RTXXXXXXXXXHK;

The delivery company in my country has no record of my order.

Today is 03/24/2010 and the unit has not yet arrived. Why I have not yet received the product?

Cheers,

Peter

Thu, Mar 25 2010 4:10pm - Admin

Items to Brazil can take some time, this is mainly due to Brazilian customs. Please inform us if the tracking does not show up online by the end of next week.

Fri, Mar 26 2010 3:53am

Dear team,

I do not believe the problem is that, since before the shipment through customs, the delivery company in my country has a record of receiving the product. In my case, the tracking number is unknown by the company.

Anyway, I will wait until the end of next week. The question is: If the product does not arrive by then, what will be done? You automatically send another unit, with the same characteristics, for EMS?

This is my first purchase on the mp4nation site and would not want this kind of frustration.

Cheers,

Peter

Fri, Mar 26 2010 5:35pm - Admin

If it does not show up online by next week, we need to start the process of having Hong Kong Post track it and confirm what happened to the parcel.

Frankly, I'm very disappointed with the purchase. Chinese products are improving every day, but there is still plenty of work for the whole process to reach a satisfactory level of efficiency.

In the end, buy good products at low prices is not always synonymous with satisfaction. I would not mind paying a little more not to go through this delay.

It has been almost two months since the request and payment of the product. And from what I understand, it will take a long, long time for me to receive my order.

Cheers,

Peter

You could have chosen to ship it using EMS which is sometimes faster and gives more detailed tracking. But this is more of an international shipping issue than MP4Nation's fault. It's nice they do offer free shipping as international shipping on items can really add the to the cost of what ever you are buying.

My player shipped on 3/2 and did not get here till 3/20 so you still may get the product. After hong kong said they handed it off to the USA post office there was about 5 days where it seemed there was no tracking info on it before it was delivered.

Mar 26, 2010 at 12:51 PM Post #615 of 3,682
I used EMS for one order: no issues...

I used non-EMS "free INTL shipping" for the other and : issues galore...

EMS is obviously the tighter ship!!!

Isn't peace of mind worth $18 dollars when the Player is at such a Value compared to its performant capabilities???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back