S:flo2 impressions thread
Feb 22, 2010 at 9:37 PM Post #481 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bassheadd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well that defeats the purpose of it then. WOW, this is a total deal breaker for me. 8 -10hrs battery is completely unacceptable.

WOW. OK well I found this to be a godsend as the COWON S9 only gets 4 Hours of flac -8 playback.... 10 is like wow for me... Some folks just need unobtainium tho.

Best of luck in your search.

YOU MAY find the Zagg Spark or Sparq or whatever it is called interesting. It is a portable charger unit that "holds" 4 charges in it... I want one. You might too.

Feb 22, 2010 at 9:53 PM Post #482 of 3,682
20 minute on a charger gets nearly 70% of a full charge, usually more if plugged into a dedicated charge unit not a simple usb connection.

i can't remember the last time i was away from an electrical source for that long. even a solar charger can power a cell phone in the middle of nowhere.

basshead maybe you should go back to looking at the d2

Feb 23, 2010 at 3:46 AM Post #483 of 3,682
Another member told me that the team for the s:Flo2 are coming out with the version 2.0 for the firmware. Does anyone know when this is happening? Sorry if this is being discussed already. 30 pages is a lot to browse.

Also, how many of the "bugs" are actually fixed? Is the "team" pretty active on updates? And who sells this player? Is it still the most preferred for audiophiles?

Thanks,
-RC

Feb 23, 2010 at 4:02 AM Post #484 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by FliGuyRyan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another member told me that the team for the s:Flo2 are coming out with the version 2.0 for the firmware. Does anyone know when this is happening? Sorry if this is being discussed already. 30 pages is a lot to browse.

Also, how many of the "bugs" are actually fixed? Is the "team" pretty active on updates? And who sells this player? Is it still the most preferred for audiophiles?

Thanks,
-RC

Hi,

the Pure & Simple themed version by maderin1 of nationite fame has been released, which is based on the Teclast T51-FW-2.00....

with the nationite s:flo2 startup and shutdown screens and the ui themes!

Here is the links:

Nationite S:Flo2 ‘Pure & Simple’ Skin With Video & Download | MP4 Nation Blog

MP4 Nation Forums • View topic - Nationite S:Flo2: Recovery and firmware update guide

USE WINDOWS XP ONLY to perform the upgrade. REPEAT. Windows XP.

Use the English Tool.

Download the full Teclast T51 2.00 Firmware

Rename the folders to a, b, c

replace the *.img file in folder b with the *.img file in the Pure & Simple release.

THEN run the tool & upgrade the firmware.

I dont have a windows XP laptop to borrow atm to set this whole structure back up again, but that is the technique you must use...

Enjoy.

Feb 23, 2010 at 4:53 AM Post #485 of 3,682
Wow... that is an intense upgrade.

Forgive my ignorance here, but where do I buy the actual player and how much does the largest hard-drive model run? Is the memory expandable or can I install a larger hard drive?

I have to get one first (obviously), but man, this is hardcore. So, the version 2.0 interface totally changes the UI? Can you tell me more what this entails and what it means for the actual player (i.e. explain the basics, details and in between - catch me up to speed please. I know this is a PITA, but I really just want a good player for my Monster Turbine Pro Copper that is arriving tomorrow)?

Thanks,
-RC

Feb 23, 2010 at 5:25 AM Post #488 of 3,682
look more carefully at the descriptions. one of them is just the dap and the one thats 10 dollars more has a iem included in it

Feb 23, 2010 at 5:56 AM Post #489 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by FliGuyRyan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow... that is an intense upgrade.

Forgive my ignorance here, but where do I buy the actual player and how much does the largest hard-drive model run? Is the memory expandable or can I install a larger hard drive?

I have to get one first (obviously), but man, this is hardcore. So, the version 2.0 interface totally changes the UI? Can you tell me more what this entails and what it means for the actual player (i.e. explain the basics, details and in between - catch me up to speed please. I know this is a PITA, but I really just want a good player for my Monster Turbine Pro Copper that is arriving tomorrow)?

Thanks,
-RC

The largest Capacity Model is 16GB of internal storage. That gives you a card slot of transflash/microsdhc of 32GB capacity , so a total potential is 48GB when the 32GB cards come out. nice huh?

I would get the player. It has THE BAR NONE Best SQ out there... If you need it FASTER than MP4Nation's Batch 3 will be ready there is jiongtang.com/shop. I ordered my RAmos T11TE from there. Reliable, good communication.

Teclast T51 , HIFI , Line-out , 8GB , 3.5 , 720P Teclast T51 , HIFI , Line-out , 8GB , 3.5 , 720P [T51-8GB] - $145.00 : Online Store Of JiongTang, Best Seller Of Chinese MP4 ,MID ,Laptop ,Computer ,Mobile Phone,Digital Products

Please read the forum post in the link I posted previously linked to the MP4nation forums it describes better than i can and in more detail than i can here the exact upgrade process, ok? AFTER reading that then I'd be glad to answer an y questions.

Feb 25, 2010 at 8:19 PM Post #495 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by coredump /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will the S:flo2 play/show songs, pics, and video directly off of the MicroSD card or do the files need to be moved to the player first? Hows the battery life for video playback?

No once plugged in the whole library is streamlined from the memory card and internal memory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back